The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Warning Kilingspring exploiting

By on February 18, 2011 10:59:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Darkliath

Join Date 04/2010
+21

Just wanted to warn people to be careful when joining Kilingspring's 1v1 matches called "1v1 fast only reg or demon". If you are losing to him, everything will go fine. But if you're winning, he will just leave the game, making that don't count. If you need a proof I can upload a replay of the game, which happened few minutes ago and which didn't count for me (1v1 oak vs oak). Also, I think he started doing this since recently Februrary 16 (maybe found a way how to do that by then).

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 18, 2011 11:04:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow... Julia, that's an unexpected one. He always seemed such a decent guy and a promising newer player to me He cares about stats as hell, though, and I know it brings out the worst in people.

February 18, 2011 11:10:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah... I thought about him good too until recently... And just wanted to test his 1v1 and here... Host exploit... Also I was surprised by his too good stats, so thought maybe he got good...

Stats make people worse... >.<

Edit.

Oh forgot to add. When I asked him, why did he do that, his response was "Others also do that", or something similar. "Thanks" community for teaching newbies good things.

February 18, 2011 11:18:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you are welcome!! just kidding I dont even know the guy

February 18, 2011 4:24:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe coincidence but I've had this vs him also in 1v1 once i had a portal...

February 18, 2011 5:25:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

General rule for 1v1's - don't play them unless a) you don't care about stats or b ) you know the person well enough that you are playing with (eg you know they won't pull any of that crap). 

The easiest solution is to host your own if you have that 1v1 itch. 

Thanks for the report, though. 

February 18, 2011 6:12:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I am always aware of such things when playing 1v1 not on my host, and am fine with that (playing at my own risk). Just wanted to warn other people  that if they care about stats, it's pointless to play against this guy (personal satisfaction after winning against him, but no official proof ).

And no doggu, it's no coincidence. I, while doing some other things, observed his games through opengames. I recognised some matches between him and someone (maybe you were one of them if that happened today). Several of them happened, but only few with results after them. So it means the "unregistered" matches were his losses.

Hate people who cannot lose honorously >.<

February 18, 2011 10:08:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Geez u actually posted this... you really are a sore looser. What happened was i beat dark 1v1 fare and square and then he starts talkin trash how bad i play and only noobs play with these options (which he  accepted before we started). second exuse me for not doing watever u think i shud be doing when im loosing .. i did quit the game u shud have got the win. If i really did found a way not to loose when i host how come my records state otherwise? check into it plz. Also the only reason i started playing 1v1 is cose my net isnt stable at the moment and it can only take 1v1 and the  fast option is so that the lagg wudnt slow the game down that bad. Finally how is that possible that someone gets the win when the host quits others dont...I have no idea... Btw isnt that strange that u are the only one complaining about this? i played many 1v1 and u r the only one with this problem?!  Last  thing, my net did dropped a couple of times thats true. Most of the times i was winning.....or when the game hasnt even began. I think thats wat happened to doggu

We actually played 2 times he forgot to mention the first one....

February 18, 2011 10:12:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

U shud be posting about thiy iloveHyta guy who even tho i hosted managed to not to get the game counted.. it was after 3 mins too

February 18, 2011 10:13:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i_htya

February 18, 2011 11:57:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I_htya was reported and it was discussed in another thread.  kilingspring - there aren't degrees with exploiting.  You are aware that if you host and dc in a 1v1, then no stats will be reported.  You could simply concede if you chose to.  You are intentionally choosing to hit end game so that no stats will be recorded.  I'd wager (based on you complaining about I_hyta stealing a win from you) that you actually care about stats.  Therefore, show some integrity and chose to accept a loss if you lose.  If you want to continue like this, you are welcome to.  But if I want, your account will be banned and you won't be playing demigod anymore.  You make the call. 

Anyway, just be reasonable.  It doesn't matter if you can tell me some other guy is doing the same crap you are (feel free to) - that doesn't make your actions any more acceptable.  Best to just leave it as you chose this behavior a bit ago and now you've decided to take a loss if you lose.  It's really not that bad a thing. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: