The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Erebus General Build

By on February 18, 2011 8:08:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Homer87

Join Date 01/2011

Hi, I am pretty new to the game (about 60 games) and would like to know what you guys think about this build:

Favor item: Horn of Battle

1) Bite

2) Coven

3) Conversion Aura

4) Bite II

5) Poisoned Blood

6) Coven II

7) Conversion Aura II

8) Coven III

9) Conversion Aura III

10) Mass Charm

11) Bite III

12) Bite IV

13) Morale I

14) Morale II

15) Army of the Night

16-19) Morale III - VI

20) Bat Swarm

Items: standard stuff + all level 4 idols

I am not so sure if "Poisoned Blood" or "Bat Swarm" are worth a point at level 5, especially since my army is supposed to be the one fighting most of the time. "Bat Swarm" is an escape skill most of the time and since you dont want to die anyway "Poisoned Blood" is only worth the 15 health per second. You could argue that you get 150hp in 10 seconds, but thats not very much especially if you have monks/bishops around you all of the time.

TIA for any helpful comments

Locked Post 16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 18, 2011 11:08:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not so sure if "Poisoned Blood" or "Bat Swarm" are worth a point at level 5, especially since my army is supposed to be the one fighting most of the time.

I'm not a huge Erb player, but my firm belief is Bat Swarm I and II is always worth the point ASAP for any Erb build. BS III can be postponed, as its range remains the same (30 y). Minions aren't an impenetrable screen. You will need to secure kills yourself, and BS gives you an opportunity to do so.

February 18, 2011 4:30:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah... well.. I'm not a huge fan of general builds but that's beside the point ....

imo you will feed after mid game with no mist and no bat swarm even if you do play it correctly..

February 18, 2011 5:43:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, I think I will try Batswarm at level 5 then. I dont like Mist, after some nasty encounters with mines, circle of fire and stuff like that.

February 18, 2011 5:55:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

always 1 point in mist....

February 19, 2011 10:47:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

always 1 point in mist....

Doggu is 10 times the Erb player I am, so I'm not going to argue with that advice. But if you really don't like Mist or just feel you are clumsy when using it, be sure to invest 1 point in it AT LEAST when laning vs a UB to rinse Spit DoT negative state.

February 19, 2011 11:43:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, sounds reasonable. Didnt think about the "removale" effect of Mist. Should also be a good counter against getting marked and sniped by Erebus I guess.

I will probably start like this then:

1) Bite

2) Mist

3) Coven

4) Bite 2

5) Bat Swarm

6-20) Kind of like I posted above.

February 19, 2011 12:01:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Ok, sounds reasonable. Didnt think about the "removale" effect of Mist. Should also be a good counter against getting marked and sniped by Erebus I guess."

Don't worry you will not get sniped by Erebus

February 19, 2011 2:45:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting a_nooblet,
"Ok, sounds reasonable. Didnt think about the "removale" effect of Mist. Should also be a good counter against getting marked and sniped by Erebus I guess."

Don't worry you will not get sniped by Erebus

Yeah, probably not

February 19, 2011 5:26:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But if you really don't like Mist or just feel you are clumsy when using it, be sure to invest 1 point in it AT LEAST when laning vs a UB to rinse Spit DoT negative state.

For exactly that reason - or any other negative effect,  imo it's actually one of his greatest strengths. Mist is primarily used for this reason (by most erebus builds) and not for any dps or creep clearing purposes. There have been discussions posted on heavy mist builds but I really don't see them being viable in decent games. Maybe I'm wrong??

February 19, 2011 6:34:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doggu,

For exactly that reason - or any other negative effect,  imo it's actually one of his greatest strengths. Mist is primarily used for this reason (by most erebus builds) and not for any dps or creep clearing purposes. There have been discussions posted on heavy mist builds but I really don't see them being viable in decent games. Maybe I'm wrong??

You could argue that heavy mist is good when fighting multiple enemies at once (like a 3on3 showdown^^). Invincible + dealing damage against demigods + damaging creeps. Probably higher damage output than fighting "normally". On the other hand you cant chase and your allies wont be pleased if they take all the beating.

I just played an assassin build but I dont know which one I prefer yet... It's definitely more straight forward.

February 26, 2011 1:59:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Crawlers were 10 times more potent vs other demigods a few patches back, because they could actually swarm all over a target quickly and easily... but GPG nerfed their "agility" and now they are lethargic rolly-pollies when trying to attack onto a moving target. They also nerfed horn of battle. Blood of the Fallen is all around better for Erebus, even doing a nybrid minion build. Horn just doesn't keep minions alive under tower fire, and regen is never as good as not getting killed in a focus fire.

Hybrid builds are all around better now for Erebus if you want to rolly-pollie

1 point in conversion is good enough. Figure 5 minotaurs and 2 archers on each side for creeps most of the game, and that gives you on average 7 crawlers each wave if you can stay near the dying troops on both sides.

1 point in coven is incredibly potent, not so much after that.

You have the following needs to play a strong hybrid rollie pollie... and how to fill them in for the 1st 10 levels depends greatly on what is happening on the game.
1 mist
1 coven
1 conversion
2 bat swarm
4 bite
4 charm

If you really want to play a minion build... concentrate on steam rolling towers, but don't expect to do well against good players.

I would honestly say bite is your dump skill to go full minion. 1) You cant bite towers and 2) You're not going to have the power to last in a stand up fight putting more then 2 points in minion skills.
Swarm / mist  keeps you alive and stun keeps you and your teammates alive.

Your "need" skills to fill in for level 10 become radically different playing a minion build. It is a little easier to manage decisions over a hybrid build though.
1 bite (snare / heal)
1 mist
1 swarm
3 coven
1 conversion
4 charm

After that I'd say fill in conversion and morale, and remember not to engage enemy demigods too much... just keep trying to steam roll as many towers as you can and be all around annoying evasively capping flags using stun and bat swarm.

For favor, you should go with ring of divine might, because 1) You wont have the anti-DG skills to do a stand up fight even if you take blood of the fallen, and 2) that is alot of extra damage inflicted on towers with your 1st point in coven...

February 26, 2011 2:08:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doggu,

But if you really don't like Mist or just feel you are clumsy when using it, be sure to invest 1 point in it AT LEAST when laning vs a UB to rinse Spit DoT negative state.

You can abuse it on Levi since you only need 50 mps to perma-mist, which is pretty duable considering the +15 mps flag. 

If you're on Uberfix you need 125 mps which is quite a bit harder. 

February 26, 2011 2:11:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can abuse it on Levi since you only need 50 mps to perma-mist, which is pretty duable considering the +15 mps flag.

That tactic (perma-mist over a portal late game) is on par with oak minion citadel rape imo. i.e. Yes you can do it but you just shouldn't...

February 26, 2011 2:24:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That tactic (perma-mist over a portal late game) is on par with oak minion citadel rape imo. i.e. Yes you can do it but you just shouldn't...

maybe... not quite as bad, though.  Don't think I've seen too many perma mists over portals that were exceedingly successful.  Fair enough though... can be quite brutal with a maxed out mist. 

February 26, 2011 3:37:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't think I've seen too many perma mists over portals that were exceedingly successful.

totally agree - I think 1 point is better for the escape/neg removal side of things..

April 21, 2011 7:31:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

N'thing having 1 point in Mist. It is awesome against basically all of the assassins, and can keep you alive while you wait for Bat Swarm to recharge to let you escape.

Mass Charm can also be extremely effective, especially for getting minion damage in. You want to slow their escape as much as possible so your minions can keep up, and I always max this out.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time: