The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Practice Tourney - Sunday at Noon EST

By on February 4, 2011 1:10:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok guys - sorry for the haste on this, but I need to head off to sleep and I'm looking to try to get a practice tourney going ASAP.  The tourney will happen THIS WEEK on Sunday at 12PM EST (2/6/2011) - (a more friendly time for many folks in different time zones). 

Here are the quick tourney rules (side note - its a practice tourney, so I am setting all of the rules):

• This is an all welcome tournament - play for fun.
  • The tourney will be 2v2
  • 1 player may choose any DG they want.  The other player MUST choose either sedna/QoT/da/reg.  DOUBLES ARE ALLOWED. 
  • Single elimination (you lose once and you are out)
  • We will use brackets (whoever is at the top of the auto generated bracket will be on light side - whoever is on the bottom is on dark)
  • Light side must pick their dg's and ready up 1st (this rule is kind of crap, but we are using it for this tourney)
  • Map is cataract using default settings
  • All players must use uberfix 1.03 (you can download from here: http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl)
  • 1 player from the winning team MUST upload the replay
  • ALL PLAYERS MUST REGISTER USING www.JeeLounge.com - you CANNOT participate if you do not create an account here (other details below)
  • You must be available when the tourney starts (Sunday NOON EST - I will let you folks know ASAP)

Here are some more details about the whole JeeLounge deal.  We have a guy that's been in the community for some time and is a solid player (IamKira).  He indicated in another thread and to me privately that he is tied to a site that could GREATLY simplify organizing tournaments, etc, for us.  As getting tourney's successfully completed has been a huge pain for us in the past, I'm all ears for new ideas.  Anyway, I checked out his site and I think this will be excellent for the community.  So, this test tournament is primarily to try out the new system and see if things work well for us.  If so, then we'll be using JeeLounge going forward for all community tournaments (and the next few tournaments will all carry a decent cash prize (and future ones will likely be sponsored by stardock).  So, here's what you need to do if you want to participate.

You will not need to repeat the jeelounge steps again for future tournaments once you have registered. 

And last, I can auto-assign teams if needed.  I could put everyone that registers into a team.  So, please follow the steps if you want to participate.  I'd appreciate everyone making an effort to register so we can test this new system out quickly and get on with planning some cash prize tournaments.  Reply here if you have questions and to tell us if you have formed a team (again, you MUST register on the site AND tell me that you already formed a team.)

Here are the registered teams:

• Pacov/Zen_God
  • renz/or-chin
  • omg_in1/nnnils
  • iamKira/ppapanek
  • darkliath/insidious intent
  • Jonn_Spb_rus/sazonov85

Pitch in and help out - I hope many of you can join us in the practice tournament and just play for fun!  We can play for pride/butt whopping in the next one.  For now, I'd really appreciate anyone that is willing to register and help us test this out.  Thanks!

+161 Karma | 117 Replies
February 9, 2011 10:56:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That would be great, i wont be back at my computer with any game time until saturday night.  (if im lucky, maybe on friday as well)  work gets in the way of real life

No problem, we'll get this match played and post the results/replay to finish the tourney properly.

February 9, 2011 12:04:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't make this one either, I am going home for the weekend to see a friend that I haven't seen in like 6 months.

February 9, 2011 12:46:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What are the rules concerning AI teammates? do both teams need to pick the same AI? or do they go random for the AI?. I am really concern about my AI, wouldn't want it to get pwnd and get frustrated and leave mid game.

February 9, 2011 12:53:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting a_nooblet,
What are the rules concerning AI teammates? do both teams need to pick the same AI? or do they go random for the AI?. I am really concern about my AI, wouldn't want it to get pwnd and get frustrated and leave mid game.

heh - understand that having an ai teammate is not necessary.  In fact, its pretty silly and just about ensures that you won't win the tournament.  The test tourney will be 2v2, BUT we will allow players to have an AI if they want.  The ai selection rules will follow whatever the 2v2 rules are for the tournament (eg in the last 1, 1 dg could be any dg and the other had to be a specific one - you will have to follow those rules if you take an ai teammate). 

Anyway, if you just want to goof about (looking at doggu), then sure, you can register with an AI.  You'd be better served to find another person and team up with them, though.

Soooo.... we having this on Sat or Sunday?

February 9, 2011 1:06:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could I register even if I dont plan on playing this Tournament? I wouldnt mind serving as the teamate to somebody without a teamate to practice, I wont guarantee that I will do waaay better than the AI but at least it should be make it a bit more fun. I was referring to my AI getting frustrated and leaving mid game btw. I will be available to play both Sat. and Sund.

February 9, 2011 1:16:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was referring to my AI getting frustrated and leaving mid game btw.

heh... gotcha!

February 9, 2011 2:28:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

anyone interested in an insanely short notice 1+ai tournament tonight?  We'd start about 6PM EST and I'd imagine it would take about 2 hours tops.  Reply here asap if you'd play (this isn't INSTEAD OF a practice tourney this weekend - this is in addition to).  Anyway, just a thought and might be fun.

February 9, 2011 3:30:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

methinks my immediate tourney won't be happening unless we get some response here soon... I'd still have to config the tourney, etc.  Anyway, please reply asap if you'd play a small tourney tonight with an AI teammate. 

February 9, 2011 4:24:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why is it so hard to announce these mini fun tournaments a week before?^^

February 9, 2011 4:36:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe because such an idea was slowly reaching Pacov? And when it reached, it is pretty late.

Well anyway, I won't participate in it, because need to prepare a bit for that 2v2 tourney, etc. + I don't like to be the only human on a team. 2 + AI would be better. Well maybe next time.

February 9, 2011 4:47:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyway, if you just want to goof about (looking at doggu), then sure, you can register with an AI.

team "failpants" is offended...

February 9, 2011 5:23:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zen_God,
why is it so hard to announce these mini fun tournaments a week before?^^

heh... because I'm pulling this nonsense out of thin air.  Hey - I already said I'd announce the cash tourneys with a good 2 weeks before they go live.  And besides, I can't imagine a more simple thing to throw together than a 1v1 tourney using the new system.  I could literally set it up on the fly and get everyone to register/check-in within an hour or so.  All I'd need is people saying they'd like to play in this spur of the moment deal.  Besides, if you were planning on playing some dg tonight anyway, you could just... elect to do this. 

But that said, if no one says they are in, then that's the end of that idea.  You could always say "hmm... that could be fun" instead of being concerned about the incredibly short amount of time.  Heh... we could even pull off something somewhat entertaining if only 3 other people would play in this nonsense. 

team "failpants" is offended...

My ai is better than your ai. 

February 10, 2011 12:06:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

also poop says me to 0 short response attendies... can't blame ya of course, but boo all the same.

Ok - just to jump start this as no one really responded regarding when this next tourney will take place, I'll make it official.

2v2 Practice Tournament.  Noon EST on Saturday 2/12/2011.  I might make another post in the morning to make this clear.

If you'd like to just participate with an AI, that is totally fine for this tourney. 

I need folks to indicate here that they will play asap.  If we have enough interest to make it happen, I'll setup the tourney and we'll get it going.  Again, play for glory if you like or just play for fun.  I'm still in need of a teammate so if you'd like to pair up with me, just let me know.  Otherwise AI fun is swell (but again, I will mock you if I win).  Anyway, here are the currently registered teams:

• pacov + ???? (or ai)

And side note - here's what I'm thinking.  This will be the last practice 2v2 tournament.  I'm hoping to have 1 more practice tournament the following weekend on Sat or Sun but it will be 3v3.  And then, we'll have a cash tourney that will either be 2v2 or 3v3... then perhaps the following weekend another.  I'll share more on what I thought up a little later. 

February 10, 2011 12:55:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

boo i work

February 10, 2011 10:12:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

OK... even newer plan as responses aren't exactly moving fast and free for the super short term practice tourneys.  In an effort to not provide even more confusing information, I'll only do it one more time.

We WON'T have a practice tourney this weekend.  I'm not all that confident we will have even halfway decent numbers.  What we'll do is this - postpone for 1 week then have that tournament.  I'll lock down this thread and open up another one sometime today with the rules.  The goal will be to have a tournament once every 2 weeks - we'll go with Sundays for now.  So, the schedule I'm shooting for is this:

• 2/20/2011 - 2v2 practice tourney - Noon EST
  • 3/6/2011 - 3v3 practice tourney - Noon EST
  • 3/20/2011 - cash tourney (will either be 2v2 or 3v3) - Noon EST

So there you go.  Some dates in advance that you guys/gal can schedule around. 

My apologies for any confusion, but we'll stick with this.  If we find that generally more people can play on a Saturday than a Sunday, we'll change that, but that's the only possible change. The practice tourney on 2/20/2011 will stay on that specific date.

February 12, 2011 5:44:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i will close the remaining matches of that first tournament.

I also just realised that i deleted the temporary teams so the match can't be played.

February 12, 2011 7:20:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK good stuff.  Locking this thread down to avoid confusion for anyone.  Here's a link to the practice tourney that is running in February 20, 2011. 

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/405114

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.