The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Practice Tourney - Sunday at Noon EST

By on February 4, 2011 1:10:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok guys - sorry for the haste on this, but I need to head off to sleep and I'm looking to try to get a practice tourney going ASAP.  The tourney will happen THIS WEEK on Sunday at 12PM EST (2/6/2011) - (a more friendly time for many folks in different time zones). 

Here are the quick tourney rules (side note - its a practice tourney, so I am setting all of the rules):

• This is an all welcome tournament - play for fun.
  • The tourney will be 2v2
  • 1 player may choose any DG they want.  The other player MUST choose either sedna/QoT/da/reg.  DOUBLES ARE ALLOWED. 
  • Single elimination (you lose once and you are out)
  • We will use brackets (whoever is at the top of the auto generated bracket will be on light side - whoever is on the bottom is on dark)
  • Light side must pick their dg's and ready up 1st (this rule is kind of crap, but we are using it for this tourney)
  • Map is cataract using default settings
  • All players must use uberfix 1.03 (you can download from here: http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl)
  • 1 player from the winning team MUST upload the replay
  • ALL PLAYERS MUST REGISTER USING www.JeeLounge.com - you CANNOT participate if you do not create an account here (other details below)
  • You must be available when the tourney starts (Sunday NOON EST - I will let you folks know ASAP)

Here are some more details about the whole JeeLounge deal.  We have a guy that's been in the community for some time and is a solid player (IamKira).  He indicated in another thread and to me privately that he is tied to a site that could GREATLY simplify organizing tournaments, etc, for us.  As getting tourney's successfully completed has been a huge pain for us in the past, I'm all ears for new ideas.  Anyway, I checked out his site and I think this will be excellent for the community.  So, this test tournament is primarily to try out the new system and see if things work well for us.  If so, then we'll be using JeeLounge going forward for all community tournaments (and the next few tournaments will all carry a decent cash prize (and future ones will likely be sponsored by stardock).  So, here's what you need to do if you want to participate.

You will not need to repeat the jeelounge steps again for future tournaments once you have registered. 

And last, I can auto-assign teams if needed.  I could put everyone that registers into a team.  So, please follow the steps if you want to participate.  I'd appreciate everyone making an effort to register so we can test this new system out quickly and get on with planning some cash prize tournaments.  Reply here if you have questions and to tell us if you have formed a team (again, you MUST register on the site AND tell me that you already formed a team.)

Here are the registered teams:

• Pacov/Zen_God
  • renz/or-chin
  • omg_in1/nnnils
  • iamKira/ppapanek
  • darkliath/insidious intent
  • Jonn_Spb_rus/sazonov85

Pitch in and help out - I hope many of you can join us in the practice tournament and just play for fun!  We can play for pride/butt whopping in the next one.  For now, I'd really appreciate anyone that is willing to register and help us test this out.  Thanks!

+161 Karma | 117 Replies
February 5, 2011 11:56:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am having a problem, Brasil uses UTC -3 and not EST, and I don't know how to make the conversion of time, anyone knows? I'm only depending on that to play... And my ping runs generally runs about 400, any problem?

February 5, 2011 12:15:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK all - head over here and see if you can register for the tournament - not entirely sure how this worked.  I think omgIN1 should be able to register his team.  And I also think that or-chin will be able to register his.  Not entirely sure how this works:

http://www.jeesports.com/tournament/details/1/5

I think only those of you that I have assigned to a team will be able to register (eg you need to tell me who you are teaming up with asap).

February 5, 2011 3:31:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK - we now have 4 teams that have been officially registered for the tourney. 

Anyone that doesn't have a team, feel free to contact folks either in this thread or via message on jeelounge. 

February 5, 2011 4:22:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would love to see 2 more teams registered. Here are the folks that have registered on the jeelounge site, but do not have a team.  Talk to each other and make some teams please!

February 5, 2011 5:30:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So... As I am alive again (stupid router), I am looking for a partner in tourney. 

February 5, 2011 5:34:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

doggu has been added and someone can now team up with him.  Let me know as soon as anyone makes another team. 

February 5, 2011 6:38:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmmm... How can russian only talking players join this? To me it's a bit complicated to explain... Maybe someone can translate all steps?

February 5, 2011 7:33:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I know who that mysterious someone is going to be... Though, honestly, I think the procedure is quite intuitive once you reach the site.

1. ?????????????? ???? ???????? www.JeeLounge.com. ???????????????? ??????????????.

2. ?????????????? ???? ???????????????? Network Activities, ?????????????? ?????????? ?? ?????????? pacov, ???????????????? ?????? ?? ????????????. ?????? ?????????? ?????????????? ?????????????? ???????????????? ???? ?????? ???????????????? ?? ???????????? ???????????? ????????, ?? ?????????? ?? ???????????? ?????????????? ???????? ?????????????? ?????????? "???????????????? ?? ????????????" (Add Me As A Friend).

3. ?????????????????????????? ???? ???????????? http://www.jeelounge.com/teamdg/group/home/, ???????????????????????????? ?? ???????????? Demigod.

4. ?????????????? ?????? ????????: http://www.jeelounge.com/user/favorites/1/games. ?????????????? ???? ???????????????? About Me, ?????????? ???? Games. ?????????????? Demigod ?? ???????????????? ????????, ?? ?????????????? ??????????????. ???? ???????????????? ?????????????????? ???????? ???????????? ?????? Active ?? ?????????? ???? ?????????? ??????????! ?????? ?????????? ???????????? ???? ??????????????????.

February 5, 2011 8:01:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great ^^ Thanks.

By the way. I and Insidious are a team.

February 5, 2011 8:34:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well if nobody else is going to say it, you are a super freaking cute Darkliath. 

February 6, 2011 1:09:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Attention! Since Sunday is not a weekend day here in Israel (Fri-Sat are), I may get swamped at work. In that case, I'll ask Quincrane or Dreamcatcher to be my alt, so as not to decrease the total number of teams. Both really wanted to play and had no partner. I'll inform nnnils about that, too.

Well if nobody else is going to say it, you are a super freaking cute Darkliath. 

PS: I've told her, but via pm, since I'm afraid of looking like some male chauvinist pig here! But Cow can afford it, he has that kind of reputation...   You should really stop playing with Peter and switch to Julia, if you ask me!

February 6, 2011 2:47:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I cannot play this Sunday, as i am having a superbowl party at my house, but I would have liked to try an play. It would have been nice to see if I have improved any since I started playing online. The last tourney was the first time I had played online, and my team got killed. I would have loved to play in this tourney with TGI_Fire, but he is currently in basic training. 

February 6, 2011 3:42:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG__IN1,

PS: I've told her, but via pm, since I'm afraid of looking like some male chauvinist pig here! But Cow can afford it, he has that kind of reputation...   You should really stop playing with Peter and switch to Julia, if you ask me!

I am the type of person that says things the way they are and more often then nought I say them uneloquently.

On topic: As far as this tourney goes, I would rather watch the superbowl seeing as I live in Green Bay and my Packers are playing in it.

February 6, 2011 7:20:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks a lot

February 6, 2011 9:15:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

we need more teams to sign up.

Does anyone need help doing so?

February 6, 2011 9:17:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry, but not playing to, here it will be something like 4pm, and I'll have work and the Steelers play today. Sorry guys...

February 6, 2011 9:39:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lovely face for a lovely girl, we luv you darkliath!  

...but, but, but, nobody else noticed the amazing hairstyle of Kyech?! Boy, we need the name of your hairdresser!

On the tourney, i won't participate but good luck all, i hope this test goes well. On the superbowl, i don't have the faintest idea about american football , but in simpathy with my bro cow    i'll shout: Go Packers Go!

February 6, 2011 9:45:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting nomilarac,

...but, but, but, nobody else noticed the amazing hairstyle of Kyech?! Boy, we need the name of your hairdresser!!

LOL!!!!

Off: Man...you have to see the Steelers playing and you'll change your mind!   

February 6, 2011 10:08:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guys, I really need someone to take my place as an alt... I'll play if no other choice presents itself (for community's sake, so to say), but I have a ton of work this evening -- my shift begins an hour and a half after the tourney starts. In this case, hope we get our butts kicked and eliminated in the very first match (looking at the teams, that's the most likely outcome, but miracles happen sometimes...) -- pardon me for being such a blatantly non-competitive type

For the future: again, Sunday is not a weekend for us in Israel, but since there are exactly two non-noob Israeli players in the community (me and Noam_B), I reckon that's hardly a relevant issue.

February 6, 2011 10:11:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

play Jonn_Spb_rus/sazonov85

February 6, 2011 10:59:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dicksen,
Sorry, but not playing to, here it will be something like 4pm, and I'll have work and the Steelers play today. Sorry guys...

Side note... tourney will be over by 4pm EST (this is 4 hours after we start)... also, its single elimination... you lose once and you are out. 

February 6, 2011 11:14:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting sazonov85,
play Jonn_Spb_rus/sazonov85

Added as friend/to teamdg. 

Jon or Sazonv - you need to go here:  http://www.jeesports.com/tournament/participants/5

Click on sign up, and add your team.

February 6, 2011 11:15:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG__IN1,
Guys, I really need someone to take my place as an alt... I'll play if no other choice presents itself (for community's sake, so to say), but I have a ton of work this evening -- my shift begins an hour and a half after the tourney starts. In this case, hope we get our butts kicked and eliminated in the very first match (looking at the teams, that's the most likely outcome, but miracles happen sometimes...) -- pardon me for being such a blatantly non-competitive type

For the future: again, Sunday is not a weekend for us in Israel, but since there are exactly two non-noob Israeli players in the community (me and Noam_B), I reckon that's hardly a relevant issue.

So do you have an alt or will you be playing, in1? 

February 6, 2011 11:18:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.jeesports.com/tournament/details/1/5

5 teams registered so far. the issue with that is that one team will not have any opponent until the final.
hopefully more join!

February 6, 2011 11:21:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By the way. I and Insidious are a team.

Dark - I've added you two as a team to teamdg.  You still need to register for the tournament directly (use link 2 replies up).  Do that and you are set.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.