The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Practice Tourney - Sunday at Noon EST

By on February 4, 2011 1:10:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

Ok guys - sorry for the haste on this, but I need to head off to sleep and I'm looking to try to get a practice tourney going ASAP.  The tourney will happen THIS WEEK on Sunday at 12PM EST (2/6/2011) - (a more friendly time for many folks in different time zones). 

Here are the quick tourney rules (side note - its a practice tourney, so I am setting all of the rules):

• This is an all welcome tournament - play for fun.
  • The tourney will be 2v2
  • 1 player may choose any DG they want.  The other player MUST choose either sedna/QoT/da/reg.  DOUBLES ARE ALLOWED. 
  • Single elimination (you lose once and you are out)
  • We will use brackets (whoever is at the top of the auto generated bracket will be on light side - whoever is on the bottom is on dark)
  • Light side must pick their dg's and ready up 1st (this rule is kind of crap, but we are using it for this tourney)
  • Map is cataract using default settings
  • All players must use uberfix 1.03 (you can download from here: http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl)
  • 1 player from the winning team MUST upload the replay
  • ALL PLAYERS MUST REGISTER USING www.JeeLounge.com - you CANNOT participate if you do not create an account here (other details below)
  • You must be available when the tourney starts (Sunday NOON EST - I will let you folks know ASAP)

Here are some more details about the whole JeeLounge deal.  We have a guy that's been in the community for some time and is a solid player (IamKira).  He indicated in another thread and to me privately that he is tied to a site that could GREATLY simplify organizing tournaments, etc, for us.  As getting tourney's successfully completed has been a huge pain for us in the past, I'm all ears for new ideas.  Anyway, I checked out his site and I think this will be excellent for the community.  So, this test tournament is primarily to try out the new system and see if things work well for us.  If so, then we'll be using JeeLounge going forward for all community tournaments (and the next few tournaments will all carry a decent cash prize (and future ones will likely be sponsored by stardock).  So, here's what you need to do if you want to participate.

You will not need to repeat the jeelounge steps again for future tournaments once you have registered. 

And last, I can auto-assign teams if needed.  I could put everyone that registers into a team.  So, please follow the steps if you want to participate.  I'd appreciate everyone making an effort to register so we can test this new system out quickly and get on with planning some cash prize tournaments.  Reply here if you have questions and to tell us if you have formed a team (again, you MUST register on the site AND tell me that you already formed a team.)

Here are the registered teams:

• Pacov/Zen_God
  • renz/or-chin
  • omg_in1/nnnils
  • iamKira/ppapanek
  • darkliath/insidious intent
  • Jonn_Spb_rus/sazonov85

Pitch in and help out - I hope many of you can join us in the practice tournament and just play for fun!  We can play for pride/butt whopping in the next one.  For now, I'd really appreciate anyone that is willing to register and help us test this out.  Thanks!

Locked Post 117 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 4, 2011 3:39:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im registered and have joined TeamDG. The sunday timeslot for the tourney is best for me, so i hope that one gets the nod.

Doggu, check your inbox man.

February 4, 2011 5:30:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello everyone. I did sign up and can probably play if it is on Sunday and maybe Friday but less likely.Also just asked renz to team up with me, haven't heard from him yet though.Nice site Kira.

February 4, 2011 8:54:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

OK - I'm going to just drop the shooting for Friday night thing.  So, this practice tourney will take place on Sunday at 12PM EST (noon).  Get registered asap plz!

And heads up, this practice tourney will not take a long time - hopefully over and done with in about 5 hours.  The tourney will start right at noon.

I'm updating the OP now. 

February 4, 2011 9:00:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Neilo,
Im registered and have joined TeamDG. The sunday timeslot for the tourney is best for me, so i hope that one gets the nod.

Doggu, check your inbox man.

Let me know if you and doggu become a team officially.

Same with you or-chin - let me know once its finalized that you and renz are teamed up. 

Thanks guys!

February 4, 2011 1:48:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Orcun-,
Hello everyone. I did sign up and can probably play if it is on Sunday and maybe Friday but less likely.Also just asked renz to team up with me, haven't heard from him yet though.Nice site Kira.
this gonna be tough, hope it works out

February 4, 2011 3:01:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

we are up to 13 users that have registered to the TeamDG group. 

February 4, 2011 6:41:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

REGISTER!!!  pretty plz

February 4, 2011 11:19:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Got confirmation from Renz. Add me and Renz please.

February 4, 2011 11:27:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

make sure you join the clan... think i sent you an invite... otherwise instructions in the op.

February 5, 2011 12:15:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

doggu/neilo - you guys an official team?  Doggu hasn't registered on the site yet. 

February 5, 2011 12:16:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

doggu/neilo - you guys an official team?  Doggu hasn't registered on the site yet. 

February 5, 2011 12:16:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

February 5, 2011 12:17:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why do you ask three times, exactly?

February 5, 2011 12:18:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

February 5, 2011 12:22:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

server issues

server issues

server issues

Anyway, or-chin is now in the teamDG group and I have added him as a registered team with renz.  So, they are set.

For anyone interested, once folks have joined the group, I can pair them up into teams (so, on jeelounge - we have 2 set teams now).  I could pair anyone off as needed if we needed to assign teams, but, its always best if folks form teams.

So - DO IT - in1, I know dark hasn't made a team yet.  Get things setup so we can launch the practice tourney successfully.  Even if we only end up with 4 teams, it will help us test (hopefully we have more, of course).  And again, its just a for fun tourney.  I don't care if you pick your worst dg and just goof off.  The real goal is to test the new system.  The more folks we have, the better. 

February 5, 2011 12:26:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also - check out this link.  I created a dummy tourney to get used to the system.  Apparently, you can't register for tourneys super in advance.  You have to register the day of - 5 or 6 hours before it starts.  The super dummy tourney (we aren't even testing this) starts soon:

http://www.jeesports.com/tournament/details/1/3

If you are awake and around when registration opens, see if you can get yourself added to that tourney (you need to click on sign up (its at the middle rightish - look and you'll see it).  I will create the "real" practice tourney tomorrow and everyone will have to register and "check in" before the tourney starts at noon EST on sunday. 

February 5, 2011 12:29:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't care with whom I'm going to be stomped by you+Zen and Renz+Orcun, as I totally suck 2v2 (just beginning to develop alt builds for 2v2 matches)  As long as my humiliation will contribute to this test tourney, it's fine with me, hehe  Now, I've asked nnnils today if he has a partner for this tourney, tbh. But he hasn't replied yet, so if I don't get a reply today, I'll play with Julia, no problem.

February 5, 2011 12:38:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, if nnnils will team with you, all the better.  I'm pretty sure dark will be willing to pair up with whoever to test. 

I know you only care a little, but don't concern yourself too much with win or loss.  2v2 is a somewhat specialized thing and if you haven't played > 100 games that style... well... you've rightly predicted the outcome.  Anyway, tis but a test.  The real deal will be here in the next 1-2 weeks if this works out well enough and folks register and form teams.  The more folks we get now, the less we have to teach when its for real.

edit - I'm updating the rules.  I've decided on the dg selection rules for the tourney (you'll like it anyway in1 )

February 5, 2011 12:47:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

edit - I'm updating the rules.  I've decided on the dg selection rules for the tourney (you'll like it anyway in1 )

Well, yeah. Great rules!

February 5, 2011 12:52:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting OMG__IN1,

Well, yeah. Great rules!

I think that should make things fun.  Side note - the next tourney will be 3v3 and I'll be setting the rules as well.  After that, we are going back to community feedback to decide etc, but I'm going to expedite things a bit to get us up and running.  And I think its fair to say I came up with some interesting DG rules for this silly practice one. 

February 5, 2011 1:26:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK - off to sleep. All - please actively recruit folks.  I really want us to have things locked down and MANY folks registered and willing to play in our test tourney by the end of the day on Saturday.  If you see someone in game, please mention the tourney, invite them, and direct them to this thread.  Thanks all!

February 5, 2011 5:54:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Doggu is out due to work (monday morning here in aust) but i'm available..any other aussies about looking to have a partner, or anyone at all?

I'll be about during tourney time to act as an emergency perhaps if nothing comes to fruition?

February 5, 2011 6:24:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, nnnils will play with me. So, add nnnils/OMG__IN1.

I'll try to do my best in 2v2 format, but I have a suspicion I'm going to be a liability for a strong player. Ah, never mind, it's a test tourney anyway.

February 5, 2011 7:35:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Talked to ppap in-game recently. You may also add ppapanek/iamKira. Well, we have a bare minimum of 4 teams now

February 5, 2011 11:46:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Neilo,
Doggu is out due to work (monday morning here in aust) but i'm available..any other aussies about looking to have a partner, or anyone at all?

I'll be about during tourney time to act as an emergency perhaps if nothing comes to fruition?

I know exxcentric needs a partner.... of course, so does anyone else that wants to participate   Try to sort out a teammate today if at all possible.  Thanks!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: