The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is there still any interest for a tournament?

I have a robust solution

By on January 19, 2011 6:19:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi there, most of you probably don't know but i have been very actively working on a e-sports platform for the past 18 months.
At the moment this platform consists in 3 websites all linked to each other and using a single login.

The purpose of the platform is to deliver "video gamers cloud services".
Among other thing like clan (and teams) management. social networking etc.. the platform allows users to create their own tournament as well have having official tournaments, ladders, leagues, nations cup etc...

Tournament wise the platform as integrated workflow which make the reporting, bracket generation etc... pretty smooth and easy.
It also support single elimination, double elimination, swiss style.

Setting up a space for Demigod is doable but i want to ensure that even if small there are people willing to contribute so the Demigod section doesnt look like a ghost town.

Instead of giving a very long description etc... I can offer to host a tournament or better let someone hosting it using the platform.
this will be best to showcase what the platform can do.
Pacov, I am asking again if you are interested, let me know...

The platform will launch either this Thrusday or next at the latest.

if you want to be added in the launch email distro list, jsut PM me your email address.

If you would like to see a Demigod section created and are willing to particpipate to a tournament just repond below with "+1"
Please also tell which tournament format you would prefer (e.g.: 2v2, 3v3?)

Best
iamKira

+4 Karma | 63 Replies
January 24, 2011 5:01:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Jongalt26,

Quoting I_htya,
reply 13

Quoting OMG_pacov, reply 12 waiting on jon to tell me how much money is left in our tourney pot. 

this is jon's smurf, sorry but i blew it all on hookers and blow......

my bad.... 

LMAO nice one !

Unfortunately i must have been so wasted i dont remember a thing.

stfu Donn.... err Jon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3foXJfWlgoM

January 26, 2011 10:43:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hi, as an update on this.
I am still in Singapore till Saturday

1. we are still launching the sites on Thursday/Friday this week. i will post the link here as soon as the sites are live
  2. I will create two ladders: one for 2v2 and another for 3v3
  3. depending on which ladder is the most active we would organise either a 2v2 or 3v3 tournament for the following weekend, most likely on Sunday 6 Feb.
  4. that first tournament would be using the Swiss Style system
  5. depending on amount of interest: we may carry on and host weekly tournament, fortnightly or stop there

just as reminder but outside of the above the platform will allow you to set up you own tournament at glance so a tourney can really happen anytime after launch. even with only 4 teams you could make your own small tourney ^^

Best
Kira

January 26, 2011 10:47:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good stuff!

January 27, 2011 8:37:01 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Kira - hit me up when you are back in town and I'll go through that tutorial/walkthrough with you.  I'll make some time.  I likely won't be free this weekend, but perhaps on Sunday I should be good.

January 27, 2011 10:15:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
Kira - hit me up when you are back in town and I'll go through that tutorial/walkthrough with you.  I'll make some time.  I likely won't be free this weekend, but perhaps on Sunday I should be good.

Great i was actually about to PM you because i need your help!

I'll be back tomorrow in london. Let's catch up on Sunday

January 27, 2011 11:18:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds good, Kira.  My schedules changed a wee bit.  I'll be around tomorrow evening and Saturday.  I'll be free on Sunday, but after 7PM EST or so. Anyway, I'm all for learning the system and throwing together a trial tournament (no prize money) to give the system a go in the next couple of weeks. 

January 29, 2011 12:37:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am back. Ping me online when you are available.

I'll get on Vent as well

February 1, 2011 1:27:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

damn - didn't even see you post.  Pm'd you the other night.  Anyway, let's bottom this out asap.  I want to host a test tourney as soon as this weekend.   Either reply here or pm me - let's just set a specific time and meet up.  Let me know what time works good for you EST. If I can possibly be available then, I will make time to compensate for the timezone diff.  I really do want to use your system and get some sort of test going as soon as this weekend - but that can only happen if you and I talk VERY soon. 

February 1, 2011 6:13:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
+1
February 1, 2011 10:38:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kira - I'll hop on vent as soon as I'm off work tomorrow... weather pending, I should be online around 6PM EST or so.  Not sure what timezone you are in or if that works for you.  Please reply here if that time works or if we need to pick a different time.  Thanks!

February 2, 2011 2:05:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heya. what time zone are you on? I am on GMT. anytime before 7:00AM GMT and after 6:PM GMT works for me.
I am available anytime during the weekend (from Friday 6PM)

Everything is ready.
Our official launch email is going out on Thursday.

Best

February 2, 2011 2:06:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i heard you are not using skype which is too bad because i am on skype and msnm 24/7

February 2, 2011 11:04:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

swamped at work - if anyone is around and could check to see if my time 6PM EST fits within when Kira is free today, I'd appreciate it... way too swamped at work meh...

February 2, 2011 12:10:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your time is -5 to Greenwich standard. Your 6 PM = Kira's 11 PM, since he is in London. Unless he's off to sleep really early, it's okay.

February 2, 2011 12:10:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

6PM EST is 11PM GMT.

I will be on Vent. Let's catch up at that time.

Talk to you in a bit

February 2, 2011 1:01:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

OK thanks!  I'll get on as soon as I get home so as not to keep you up.  It could be as early as 5:30PM EST, but more likely 6PM EST.  Thanks guys!

February 2, 2011 5:35:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

abt to discuss things with kira - I'll provide some updates tonight about what we discussed, etc. 

February 2, 2011 8:36:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok quick updates - we'll be trying out kira's site for the upcoming tournament.  It has a number of features for facilitating and simplifying our tournaments and scheduling.  A few of quick features

• Brackets
  • Easy to manage tournaments
  • Check in time (we can set a time where players have to check in before a match - they don't show and we can easily dq their teams and it looks like redo the brackets on the fly if needed)
  • Automatically randomly generated speeds
  • If we use the system a bit, it will start to compile ranking stats - so, if a team that has a lower rank beats a team with a higher rank, they'd get more points (that's not really for this tourney, but its for other things we might use)
  • It has a replay system where it is easy to upload without going to another site
  • It can track your team's stats and, if matches are scheduled, can tell you when your next match is, etc

Anyway, it has quite a few features.  Kira indicated that the site will be going live sometime tomorrow.  Anyone that wants to use the system will need to make an account and just add yourself to a clan or club I'm going to create (I'll call it something including the word DG, etc - no clan pacov )

So, hopefully Kira will provide some more info when the site goes live and we can get things rolling and see if you guys like it or not.  After about an hour checking out features in their staging environment, I can see a lot of potential and I think it will help quite a bit in organizing tourneys, etc. 

That said, now is the time to try to form some 2v2 teams for our little test tourney.  The tourney will take place on either Friday night or Sunday afternoon est.  And again, this is just a test tourney to try out the new system - no cash on the line, just have some fun.  I'll be coming up with the rules for the 2v2 tourney and we'll keep it relatively simple.

So, start recruiting now and if the launch of kira's site goes well, we can make an official start date for the tourney.

Here's the only team I know so far of for the 2v2 bit

• Pacov/Zen_God
February 3, 2011 12:29:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

we are still doing a 3v3 tho correct?

February 3, 2011 2:02:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Jona,
we are still doing a 3v3 tho correct?

My understanding is there will be a 3v3 tourney but for the purpose of this weekend test it will be a 2v2 tourney.

I'll provide as much help as possible so we get things started smoothly

February 3, 2011 8:39:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My understanding is there will be a 3v3 tourney but for the purpose of this weekend test it will be a 2v2 tourney.

Yup - that is exactly my plan.  Test tourney will be 2v2.  The tourney following that will be 3v3. 

February 3, 2011 11:00:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi there, it looks like our newsletter will go out tomorrow rather than today.

That said some people already found there way to the sites and has we are technically ready to launch then it's just about time to share the link here as promised.

Your entry point is: www.JeeLounge.com : this is the social networking site where you can create and manage your clan. This site also aggregate all your activities on the other sites.

www.JeeSports.com: this is the competition site where ladders, tourneys, leagues, nations cup etc.. will be hosted.

www.JeePlays.com: this is the replays site. Any replay uploaded on JeeSports is automatically displayed there and also on your Lounge page from JeeLounge.

I am a bit in a rush now but will make a proper post later today with more explanations.

I hope you guys like it and don't forget to post any suggestions / ideas/  feedbacks on the respective site forum section dedicated to that.

Best
iamKira

February 3, 2011 11:42:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is this just for pros?

February 3, 2011 12:17:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dicksen,
Is this just for pros?

Nope - anyone is welcome to use the site and anyone is welcome to participate in the tournament.  You just need a find yourself a teammate for 2v2 and you are all set. 

February 3, 2011 12:28:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice site Kira, registered.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.