The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is there still any interest for a tournament?

I have a robust solution

By on January 19, 2011 6:19:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi there, most of you probably don't know but i have been very actively working on a e-sports platform for the past 18 months.
At the moment this platform consists in 3 websites all linked to each other and using a single login.

The purpose of the platform is to deliver "video gamers cloud services".
Among other thing like clan (and teams) management. social networking etc.. the platform allows users to create their own tournament as well have having official tournaments, ladders, leagues, nations cup etc...

Tournament wise the platform as integrated workflow which make the reporting, bracket generation etc... pretty smooth and easy.
It also support single elimination, double elimination, swiss style.

Setting up a space for Demigod is doable but i want to ensure that even if small there are people willing to contribute so the Demigod section doesnt look like a ghost town.

Instead of giving a very long description etc... I can offer to host a tournament or better let someone hosting it using the platform.
this will be best to showcase what the platform can do.
Pacov, I am asking again if you are interested, let me know...

The platform will launch either this Thrusday or next at the latest.

if you want to be added in the launch email distro list, jsut PM me your email address.

If you would like to see a Demigod section created and are willing to particpipate to a tournament just repond below with "+1"
Please also tell which tournament format you would prefer (e.g.: 2v2, 3v3?)

Best
iamKira

+4 Karma | 63 Replies
January 19, 2011 6:32:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I had a slight suspicion you were, like, doing things in life besides locking that thrice-damned portal  I bet Pacov will pm you as soon as he sees this message.

Personally: +1, ofc; probably 3v3.

January 19, 2011 9:01:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1; 3v3 

January 19, 2011 10:01:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1, 3v3

January 19, 2011 1:28:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 Either, but Prefer 2v2

January 19, 2011 2:31:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1,

I expect that we will have several small tournaments in the near future.  Some will be 3v3.  Some will be 2v2. 

I'm still interested, Kira.  I'd prefer to actually have the tournament defined (eg what the crap are we doing in the next tourney) and then learn all about your system instead of the other way around. 

January 19, 2011 3:08:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Iv'e only just returned to the game but i love this idea!

January 19, 2011 3:53:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 1v1.

January 19, 2011 4:34:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 1v1 or 2v2

January 19, 2011 4:46:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 3v3 prefered... Haven't decided about 2v2 yet.

January 19, 2011 6:32:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

here is one thing we could also do which could potentially make the tournament better:

- we could create a ladder for 3v3 and/or 2v2. we wil see which one is the 'most active'

- that ladder would also help for the tournament, as by playing on the ladder teams increase there rating. rating which is then used to seed teams on the tournament bracket.

January 19, 2011 9:52:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1, 2v2 or 3v3

I'd say, pacov, just try to make up a well thought trough tournament with rules and everything and then consult with jon or other active experienced players. You've done a great job in the past and are the guy who kept the tourneys rolling.

January 20, 2011 12:52:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thx zen.  I think I will get the ball rolling soon on format.  I'm all for using kira's system though.  waiting on jon to tell me how much money is left in our tourney pot, then I'm going to come up with a plan. 

January 20, 2011 1:02:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
waiting on jon to tell me how much money is left in our tourney pot. 

this is jon's smurf, sorry but i blew it all on hookers and blow......

my bad.... 

January 20, 2011 1:02:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

shut up jon. 

January 20, 2011 10:08:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i'd play the tourney even if there is no prize btw

January 20, 2011 2:23:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wouldn't. I want the prize. 

January 20, 2011 3:35:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We'd be happy to put up some prizes if there's interest.

January 20, 2011 4:00:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
We'd be happy to put up some prizes if there's interest.

Thanks, Brad!  If you have something in mind, let me know via pm. 

January 20, 2011 6:37:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I expect that we will have several small tournaments in the near future. Some will be 3v3. Some will be 2v2.

I agree with this. Maybe have a run through asap without prize money first to get it running smoothly and sort out any unforeseen problems with the new (kira's) system? You can probably learn more just by having a go rather than too much discussion, seeing what is wrong and then fixing it for the next round.

I would also play without prize money...

January 20, 2011 7:00:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree on the prizes, id play without them too, but i think there a good idea anyway.

@ Brad and Pacov, perhaps the best thing for the tourneys would be some official SD involvement. If you feel the interest level is high enough Brad to sustain prizes, why not have SD advertize across the forums and Impulse about the tourneys and even submit yourself for inclusion to the tourney?

Official SD involvement might bring a few players back to the game?

I'll partner you and we can lose so epic that songs will be written about our failure!

A "soft opening" for the tourney might be a good idea doggu.

January 20, 2011 7:20:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

you're a "soft opening"

January 20, 2011 7:55:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ Brad and Pacov, perhaps the best thing for the tourneys would be some official SD involvement. If you feel the interest level is high enough Brad to sustain prizes, why not have SD advertize across the forums and Impulse about the tourneys and even submit yourself for inclusion to the tourney?

Stardock actually sponsored our last tourney and ran a $5 sale with some advertising that went out.  I'd enjoy seeing Brad back in DG action.  Been a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time. 

January 20, 2011 8:17:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ahhh thats very cool pacov, i didnt know ofc. Well here's hoping the same can happen again, but i think Brad playing might be worth prodding him about.

@doggu, i used to tell my ex that all the time!!!

January 21, 2011 11:51:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One more week before we open the doors.

by next Saturday when i return from Singapore i will share post the link(s) here

January 24, 2011 10:52:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting I_htya,

Quoting OMG_pacov, reply 12 waiting on jon to tell me how much money is left in our tourney pot. 

this is jon's smurf, sorry but i blew it all on hookers and blow......

my bad.... 

LMAO nice one !

Unfortunately i must have been so wasted i dont remember a thing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.