The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

If you could have a 3 person premade, who would you choose?

By on January 14, 2011 10:34:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG_ZEX

Join Date 08/2008
+30

If you could have a 3 person premade, who would you choose?

Locked Post 21 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 15, 2011 3:18:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

People often pick based on perceived skill and not chemistry.  I think I could pull the best possible team, that could beat any team out there with renz, zen, and myself.  I'd likely play some sort of support dg or go back to my old hyper aggressive roots and join them. 

January 15, 2011 4:04:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

People often pick based on perceived skill and not chemistry.

That's actually a very nice observation. I've played a couple of disastrous games with 2 super-strong players on my team that couldn't communicate for the sake of God. These matches were a series of 1vX instead of being a team game...

PS: Personally, I'd pick Robert_Munch (whatever he prefers to call himself these days), OMG_UserBanned, and, of course, Wip_ + Arrodo/USOMAD as alternates.

January 18, 2011 9:39:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would choose 1Nana and 4Nana to be on my team, those guys are legendary. 

January 18, 2011 10:04:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you get 2nana. 

January 19, 2011 5:31:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-McShane87,

LOL

January 20, 2011 12:56:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thought I'd chime back in here.  For the rules in the last tourney, I don't think I could have had a better team using the occ/sed/ub combo than me/cow/soccer.  I honestly think our team had the advantage with those dgs based on individual play style in a team vs anyone else.  Sure, I might be wrong, but that's my general feeling. 

January 20, 2011 4:41:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I honestly think our team had the advantage with those dgs

Forgive me for asking, maybe it's as evident as the fact OoD is overrated, but what was wrong with McOrcenz playing the same combo?  

January 20, 2011 1:07:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol yea kind of a weird thing to say Pacov.  Have you just completely blocked the traumatic final game from your memory?  I can understand you saying this if all you remember is the game that you won and the game that you could have won if you managed to hang onto our portal a little longer.  But my general feeling is that we made it obvious who had the advantage with that combo by the 3rd game. 

January 20, 2011 1:21:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting GM-McShane87,
Lol yea kind of a weird thing to say Pacov.  Have you just completely blocked the traumatic final game from your memory?  I can understand you saying this if all you remember is the game that you won and the game that you could have won if you managed to hang onto our portal a little longer.  But my general feeling is that we made it obvious who had the advantage with that combo by the 3rd game. 

nah... but I'm funny that way.  You're entitled to your opinion, same as me.  I enjoyed the level of competition in our games, but does that mean I think renz is a better ub than than soccer; that you are a better occ than cow; that orcun is a better sedna than me?  Nah.  But its just a matter of opinion and I'm sure you have yours.  You guys certainly won 2 of our 3 tourney games, but we traded several games in our little practice matches before the big show.  Anyway, I certainly hope you don't take it as a slight as I think you guys are all excellent players. 

January 20, 2011 1:49:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yea we traded some games, but the only times you won was when you were using that combo and my side hadn't accepted that it was over powered yet so we didn't mirror match.  It wasn't until the tournament started that we decided to use Sedna/Occ/UB.

So what you're saying is that you had the best occ, the best ub, and you're the best sedna, but you couldn't put it together as a team?  I don't take it as a slight because again we won, I'm just lost as to how you came to that conclusion. 

January 20, 2011 2:09:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm just lost as to how you came to that conclusion.

correct.

January 20, 2011 6:17:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't be silly pacov, nobody is better then Mcshane pfft...

January 20, 2011 6:51:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not saying pacov is silly because I'm the best ever.  We're talking specifically the last tournament where

A) we beat everyone with Occ/Sed/UB   B ) You guys won like 10 less games than us and didn't even play Zen's team

Because of those two facts, pacov saying

I don't think I could have had a better team using the occ/sed/ub combo than me/cow/soccer
is literally delusional/insane lol. Where else does a random comment like that come from?  Even if the tournament had finished and you guys won we planned for different picks in the championship game, so my team would still have at least been the best occ/sed/ub.

In case you mistook my first post as arrogance>I don't have a serious answer to the original post because there's 3 people I would play with, and it's hard to say which combination would be best. 

January 21, 2011 3:08:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I just though it would be fun to see who everyone thought the best players were in a sneaky sort of way. I looked at who I thought can play the most builds effectively, who I have been the most impressed with on numerous occasions, people that have rarely ever let me down when it comes to what level of play, communication, and coordination I expect out of them and I came up with Soccer and Renz. RAWRRR would be a close 3rd place to those two because me and RAWRRR seem to have really good chemistry when we play together. I think RAWRRR and I play so well together because of all of those crazy 2v2 vs Shane and whoever else was on way back.

If I had to pick two people to play with right now against anyone it would be:

Renz and Soccer.

A team I would love to see play together and would be afraid to play versus would be:

RAWRRR , Soccer, and Renz.

January 21, 2011 3:39:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

shane always sharrogant as always, cow cowlusional again^^and pacov just pacov

I appears  to me renz is everybody's pick

I'm still not 100% convinced that sed/occ/ub would always beat firetb/occ/ub on cataract. we had only one such game to test it and went on pretty good, but too many early mistakes made it easy to get giants fast for occ/ub/sed. Just think of the pushing power with creeps on occ/tb/ub side. It's midgame before any team can afford for giants that occ/sed/ub blossom imo.

Also in theory rook firetb occ could be a counter imo, but rook has to lane against ub on mana to shut him down from getting strong alone. The amount of towers and mighty hammer slam should always force ub sed out, and if not occ and tb have so much spike damage that denies the constant maximun hp healing in my experience.

I would love to test those out, if all the experienced players find themselves in demigod again.

January 21, 2011 4:11:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thinking back to all the players I've seen, I think the best 3 man team would be:

Orcun, Janook and Renz

January 21, 2011 8:40:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-McShane87,

HIGH FIIIVE!! 

January 21, 2011 1:47:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Koreaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;;

January 21, 2011 1:53:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm still not 100% convinced that sed/occ/ub would always beat firetb/occ/ub on cataract.

I'm not convinced it would either which is why I was more worried about your team than Pacov's.  But Orcun had to be our fire TB for it to work and he never wanted to.   Only once we used a TB and he went ice which made it a great game at least against Dark and Iz's team (first game).  

Also in theory rook firetb occ could be a counter imo, but rook has to lane against ub on mana to shut him down from getting strong alone.

That doesn't work because then you just go Amulet Occ and own that Rook   since it's no problem for UB to move around. 

January 21, 2011 1:57:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would love to test those out, if all the experienced players find themselves in demigod again.

I forgot to add I'll test this out right now, I'm drafting ninki as my sedna and 4nana as my UB.  Find a TB and an Occulus and meet us on the battlefield in 10 minutes!

Edit-Actually Orcun's back!  Ninki's cut.

January 21, 2011 4:44:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would love to mix and match us and try out some new team combos with the tier 1s.  Seems so rare that I get to play with certain folks.  That's actually what I really wanted way back when the 2nd tournament was in my head.  Take all the top players, mix and match teams, give a point per win and see who ended up with the most points. 

I'm still not 100% convinced that sed/occ/ub would always beat firetb/occ/ub on cataract. we had only one such game to test it and went on pretty good, but too many early mistakes made it easy to get giants fast for occ/ub/sed. Just think of the pushing power with creeps on occ/tb/ub side. It's midgame before any team can afford for giants that occ/sed/ub blossom imo.

If we are all on at some point, it would be fun to play out our last 3 games from the tournament (cow/soc/pac v kira/zen/mith).  Not holding my breath that will all be on at the same time, but I'd love to play those out.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time: