The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Dazed and Confused

(1.2-related, I suppose)

By on January 2, 2011 2:49:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dlarimit

Join Date 10/2010
+20

A quote from Ninki's Regulus guide (okay, it's 1.2, but the basics - except HoL and stuff - are the same, right?):

Regulus is also great against Sedna and QoT because of the heavy AoE damage he does with mines and mark. Although Sedna can heal mark away be heal III, at least you'll force her to use a heal. The heavy AoE damage means that you'll give them a lot of trouble trying to heal themselves and their allies at the same time. Mark also pretty much destroys a QoT.

Dunno, I'm always happy when the enemy Reg concentrates on me (either Sed or QoT). It shuts him down completely, while I just have a bit of trouble - not critical. I really cannot take the mines thingie seriously, since every Sed/QoT worthy of playing this game will consistently minesweep with 350 gold/200 mana minotaurs (shit happens, everyone steps into the mine field from time to time, but it's really infrequent with Sed/QoT). It seems the guide implies that Sed or QoT will always have low hp, and, as such, should be a top-priority target. That's certainly not true, unless someone plays pure speed Sedna.

I'm always amazed when people go berserk following QoT or Sedna... I mean - why? Following a Reg, a DA, a TB into the double towers I can understand. They are squishy and have no safety skills (except Pacov's Fire TB that has both Shield and Heal, of course). I've also noticed it happens a lot to returning veteran players: maybe during 1.2 era Sedna and QoT were played differently, with less emphasis on hp-stacking because of HoL?

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 2, 2011 9:55:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who's viewing my stats all the time?  I don't even play on this acc anymore, so why bother? I fluctuate around 60% on all my accs, if someone is interested. Objectively, I'm not that good, it's just EU afternoon (my usual online time) offers very little variety as far as no noob games/players go.

January 2, 2011 5:45:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

reg at level 10 neuters a QoT if played correctly.

January 2, 2011 5:58:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
reg at level 10 neuters a QoT if played correctly.

I have only seen a hand ful of players play Reg correctly thugh, I mostly see mine spam, hell i have seen regs that don't mine spam.

January 2, 2011 6:30:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who's viewing my stats all the time? I don't even play on this acc anymore, so why bother? I fluctuate around 60% on all my accs, if someone is interested. Objectively, I'm not that good, it's just EU afternoon (my usual online time) offers very little variety as far as no noob games/players go.

a bit curious... whatcha talking about?  viewing your stats?  afaik, there isn't a counter showing the number of people that check your stats...

January 2, 2011 8:02:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

a bit curious... whatcha talking about?  viewing your stats?  afaik, there isn't a counter showing the number of people that check your stats...

Of course, you are not curious about Qot vs. Reg, huh? But stats page visitor counter, that's interesting!

No counter I'm aware of, but I got several messages from different players while waiting in lobbies with my older acc. Something like: "Dude, I've read your post and checked your stats, you haven't played a single game with QoT", etc. I guess it's really confusing a bit, so... I felt I have to clear things up. Turns out some ppl really read my posts here! 

January 2, 2011 8:20:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG__IN1,

Of course, you are not curious about Qot vs. Reg, huh? But stats page visitor counter, that's interesting!

No counter I'm aware of, but I got several messages from different players while waiting in lobbies with my older acc. Something like: "Dude, I've read your post and checked your stats, you haven't played a single game with QoT", etc. I guess it's really confusing a bit, so... I felt I have to clear things up. Turns out some ppl really read my posts here! 

Dude you haven't played a single game with qot!

January 2, 2011 9:20:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but I got several messages from different players while waiting in lobbies with my older acc. Something like: "Dude, I've read your post and checked your stats, you haven't played a single game with QoT", etc. I guess it's really confusing a bit, so... I felt I have to clear things up. Turns out some ppl really read my posts here!

ah - gotcha.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time: