The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Rook-Supporting Cape QoT Build Ideas?

(Be F***ing Amazing With QoT)

By on December 13, 2010 4:59:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, that's really a niche build. Just realized Cape QoT might actually outshine Cape Sedna as Rook-supporter significantly (well, defensive mechanism per se suffers -- Shield + regular Bishop heals are bad substitute for Heal 3/4 + HW 2 + HW-enhanced bishop heals, as does cooldown reduction, but tower damage potential really goes up due to Ground Spikes armor reduction, so I don't think many gankers will be tempted to try their luck in the first place). I'm not sure this build has to be a Rawrr's standard 'pro QoT' thing, though, as having Cape dictates a somewhat different skill progression. Do I really have to invest that much into Munch... errrrm... Mulch, for instance? Provided I'm attached to Rook's arse 90% of the time (=hide in his towers and refuse to fight like a man), it doesn't seem to be top priority.

PS: Well, Pacov, it's QoT-related, not Sed-related now. I'd even tell Dreamcatcher to go MCP Rook if you'll post a genius Rook-supporting QoT build here!

+20 Karma | 55 Replies
December 22, 2010 9:11:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm going to try it this weekend (different variations/sub-builds) with Dreamcatcher and Lols_SeaWolf (voice chat and stuff). If one of the replays won't be totally horrible, I'll post it.

December 22, 2010 9:23:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah, actually, we played such a game yesterday... Renz = Rook, me = QoT, insiduous_intent (a guy that came back after a looooong break) = Oak. I cannot remember who the opponents (UB + Erb) were, except for drunk k5k as Rook. I was playing a Blood QoT, because Renz wanted to solo mana (made perfect sense). Except for amusing, and not very mana-efficient, double shielding on Renz and an early double kill the opposing team got on Renz and insiduous, the game went definitely well for us, mainly because of the strategical advantage we had on both lanes (Rook + QoT = no enemy towers). I crashed 2 minutes before the end, but the game outcome was secured by then, anyway.

December 22, 2010 10:30:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i can actually get a game in today if im lucky.

December 22, 2010 12:34:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

December 26, 2010 6:48:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, we played a game vs a mid-pro team (Dark_Satana, Quincrane, Pupsik), and both Cape QoT and Vial Rook got slaughtered over and over again. We had Vent, and the Rook had tons of mana, but it didn't help much in short skirmishes. The guys were so overly respectful to us, that they picked UB/Ereb/Oak combo vs our experimental Rook/Sed/TB, so it was a more-or-less lost game from the very beginning, but we didn't expect it to turn into a massacre so soon 

Surprisingly enough, Cape Sedna and Renewal Rook (+random Vent-less mid UB, as SeaWolf wasn't available) were much more successful against UB/Ereb/Occ (same players). We were pushing hard as hell, and probably could have won that one, but the lack of coordination between us and the Vent-less UB was horrible, and when we were forced to split, both Cape Sed and Renewal Rook were somewhat sub-optimal on their own.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.