The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

FavorMod Strategies?

By on December 10, 2010 2:26:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, so i thought i might start a new thread here about strategies that you use for those of you who play favormod. Any information on item synergy (ie what items work well together in 1v1 --> 5v5), your favorite item, your least favorite item, counter strategies etc are welcome. Also any builds ppl post that are unique (ie wouldnt be too effective in vanilla demigod but work due to new items) will receive +1 Forum Karma.

All this information will not only be useful to ppl starting out with the mod, but will also be fed back into balancing items within the mod.

Cheers Exx.

+47 Karma | 13 Replies
December 10, 2010 5:12:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT - tagging for later.

December 10, 2010 7:20:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, I haven't really figured out any great strategies at this point as we're revamping and nerfing.  I used to go helm of fortune and bide my time and try to stick near another player for the gold buff.

I think there is a SUBSTANTIAL amount of potential for flag mines early game to get kills, but its difficult to justify the cost (you very likely need to buy the flag mines immediately.

You created a LARGE amount of content and many items that are quite game changing (items that unlock locked flags, items that lock warscore some, etc).  Because of the large amount of content, its a little difficult to sort through all of the viable strategies, as at least for me, I'm trying out the items and searching for issues, etc. 

December 11, 2010 6:01:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Merlins magic missle + scope 3 with reg is simple hularity!

Minion oak with any of the various minions works out pretty well.

December 12, 2010 9:20:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In 3v3, Sedna with experience minotaurs. She has to invest earlier in MP and, maybe, Morale, but the trade-off is well worth it. Hauberk is also a good investment. Splitting the minotaurs, then chain-locking experience flag early on can lead to a totally overwhelming overleveling (130% exp vs 80% exp gained = game outcome decided very early on). MP, Morale, HW, Hauberk make minotaurs very durable. 

December 20, 2010 5:33:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like using a minotaur to kinda yellow deny whoever is capping the xp flag on the other team, and give your team mate a boost while he's capping it..  Your minotaur dies too easily if you send him all the way to the mana flag...

Theres a reason you use this favor with Sedna, its because she can actually keep them alive and get close enough to deny your enemies xp.

December 21, 2010 11:51:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My Deadly UB: (note this is with ai buying citadel upgrades)

Start

scaled helm + banded armor

On first return unbreakables

Second Return: duelists treads + Ancients Wraps

Third Return sell scaled and banded; buy ancient armor and ring of the ancients

Favor Item: Venom Stone

Skills:

1.Spit

2. Stats/inner beast

3. ^^ watever you didnt get

4. Spit

5. Post mortem

6. foul grasp

7. spit

Remaining levels max out inner beast and spit first. Then get stats (you need stats for the HP boost).

Advantages over standard UB build: Massive DPS, lots of mana for the ability to spit/skirmish. Low health but this is countered for by high speed.

(note i still reckon that venom stone needs a nerf lol)

Exx

January 3, 2011 5:19:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regul+Vortex Towers, nice defending. Put mines into V.T. and wait for guests And use snipe, if you far enought from that place. 

January 14, 2011 3:14:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

also rook with mines is good, put them in the middle of your towers so they get a suprise when the chase you

February 3, 2011 8:16:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump

June 26, 2011 9:47:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't play at a Pro level but I keep going back to Hellfire.

The minions are squishy but they provide some additional DPS and it's like having an always-on mana battery.
I can just keep going and going.  Reg has unlimited mines/snipe, Oak has Pen/Shield/AOE always at his call.  Non-stop pounce and heals from Sedna....etc. 

I wish more people used this mod.  Most of the games I get into through the game are vanilla.

June 27, 2011 6:08:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, hellfires are amazing as you can also share them with teammates (like monks).

Sadly not many players like playing favor mod at all... Often having difficulties of getting a 3v3 favor mod match...

June 27, 2011 11:40:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I still get kicked from games.  Trying to painstakingly get my game count up to where people don't twitch to the kick button.  I didn't realize so many people were waiting to play modded games.

We'll get there

June 28, 2011 5:54:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We might play then together, because I am not one of those kicking hosts...

Also, any way to fix venom stone? It still works on citadel. It's too strong on everything else (unless target has low max hp), but especially citadel... It is deadly. I played one 1v1 match, where I won completely only because of it. Took one side in middle of towers on cataract and went directly to citadel. Didn't need any troops, anything.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000093   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.