The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favor points/item not saved

By on November 25, 2010 10:09:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

santa_claus

Join Date 11/2010

Hi

Got this game the other day to my home PC but got a problem, Demigod dosn't save my favor points/item so every time I start the game I've to start over with only 2 items to pick from and have to buy them, again and again and again..., so can anyone please help me?

What am I doing wrong?

Is using same profile and same character every time (rock) and the game is registrated with the serial number.

Thanks in advance

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 25, 2010 1:24:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

are you playing the game online or just in single player?  if u are playing online, are you only playing gagainst the ai only online?  if so u dont actually receive favor points for beating the ai online even though the end game summary makes it look like u do.

November 25, 2010 1:41:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Only playing sinlge player games so only against AI.

So I've to play multiplayer games against real players to gain real favor points/items?

November 25, 2010 8:25:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting santa_claus,
Only playing sinlge player games so only against AI.

So I've to play multiplayer games against real players to gain real favor points/items?

Well, can you clarify further?  Are you playing in just the single player mode (eg you aren't hosting games online just against ai's, right)?

If all you are doing is single player (eg in skirmish or tournament - NOT IN MULTIPLAYER), then you should be able to accumulate favor points.  If you are really just playing in single player and having this issue, here's what should fix you.  Close Demigod.  Search for and delete game.prefs.  For me its located here:  C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME HERE\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod.  That should likely sort you, but again, only if you are having an issue with single player in skirmish or tournament mode.

If you are playing in MP against only ai, you won't receive any favor points.  However, you can still earn some favor points by unlocking achievements against the AI online (for instance, if you get to level 20 with a demigod - HINT - you can host a game online, set the starting level to 20, and you'll get some favor points for unlocking that achievement).  It can be confusing as the end game results show you receiving favor, but if its against AI only, no favor will be credited to your account outside of completed achievements.  And again, this is only for MULTIPLAYER.

Hope that helps you.  If you have any more issues or questions, feel free to ask. 

November 25, 2010 9:01:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's singel player - skirmish I'm playing.

Tournament restarts at first match over and over and multiplayer refuces to start at all, but will test that tomorrow after some sleep. Bad idea to fix things like this when you've been on lan-party for 24h+

November 25, 2010 9:09:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bad idea to fix things like this when you've been on lan-party for 24h+

Good point

Based on what you told me, just do this:

Close Demigod. Search for and delete game.prefs. For me its located here: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME HERE\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod. That should likely sort you, but again, only if you are having an issue with single player in skirmish or tournament mode.

November 26, 2010 4:45:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Got a new interesting problem, there are nothing in the folder named documents. It's complitly empty.

The only game.prefs file I can find, on my entire network, is located direclty on the C harddrive

EDIT: Can add that the achivments aint saved either

November 26, 2010 5:15:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This sounds somewhat strange...

Did you purchase and install the game using impulse or do you have a retail copy?  Can you uninstall and reinstall the game using impulse. 

If that fails, send an email off to [email protected] and they should be able to help you out. 

November 27, 2010 3:22:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

EDIT:

Worked now last time I tested, it save my 3 achivments and got the favor points  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time: