The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] Permanent Rook Towers - Pacov Version 1.0

By on November 3, 2010 11:53:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

Awhile back a modder going by Kallale created a mod that changed Rook's towers so that they would not disappear like they normally do if you reach the tower limit or if X time has passed.  You can read about that original mod here:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369904/

Anyway, the links he created in that thread no longer work (eg you can't download his mod anymore), so I've created a new mod that does essentially the same thing. 

Please note - I'm describing what files were modified below.  You don't have to code this yourself.  You can just download either of the installers at the bottom of the page and you are all set.  Just see the notes in case you want to create your own mod!

Here are the files that needed to be altered and can all be found in units\heroes\HRook

• HRook_Abilities
  • HRookTowerOfLight_script
  • HRookTowerOfLight02_script
  • HRookTowerOfLight03_script
  • HRookTowerOfLight04_script

If you edit the HRook_Abilities file, you can change the cooldown, energycost (mana), range, etc.  You can find all of those settings and where to change them if you look for Power of the Tower I in that file.  Please note, you will want to make the same changes to Power of the Tower II and so on.

The files starting with HRookTowerOfLight_script (2,3, and 4) all were modified to keep the towers from being destroyed after x seconds.  Just scroll to the bottom of the files and see my note.  FYI - you can comment out lua code with # signs (and that's all I did here, so you can still see the original code intact). 

Version 1 (http://www.box.net/shared/s3d0dbk3ua)- You can build up to 99,999 towers and no towers are destroyed over time (they can still take damage of course), but all of the regular cooldowns, costs, are in place

Version 2 (http://www.box.net/shared/7pexv8m841)- Same as version one, but I've reduced the cooldown time to 1 second, so you can spam towers faster. 

Installation

To install, just download the executable of your choice and run it.  Then, be sure to enable it in the mod manger.  You should only have 1 of these versions enabled in the mod manager at any time.

And a final note - this mod will work fine in SP.  If you want to use it in MP, ALL users must have the same version of the mod or the game will desync.  Have fun!

Locked Post 16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 3, 2010 12:23:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

now make ground spikes hit the whole field, or shamblers take flags!

November 3, 2010 12:23:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NEVER!!!

November 3, 2010 1:01:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, Synn, here you go.  Let's just say you can hit the enemy citadel from your crystal and leave it at that. 

http://www.box.net/shared/g94blnbcvh

For some reason, I don't think anyone will want to play this with you. 

edit - that mod, btw, just increases the range of ground spike substantially... for instance, I believe you hit EVERYTHING on cataract.  Might be fun for some silly arse games. 

November 3, 2010 8:32:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
Actually, Synn, here you go.  Let's just say you can hit the enemy citadel from your crystal and leave it at that. 

http://www.box.net/shared/g94blnbcvh

For some reason, I don't think anyone will want to play this with you. 

Why not? This is by far the most epic mod ever made!

November 4, 2010 8:49:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov sir, Thanks! this will be fun for a good few SP games on a sleepy Sunday morning while waking for the rest of the world to wake up and log onto Demigod!

November 6, 2010 1:15:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KingBingo,
Pacov sir, Thanks! this will be fun for a good few SP games on a sleepy Sunday morning while waking for the rest of the world to wake up and log onto Demigod!

No problem. 

March 15, 2011 7:30:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

maybe that could be more fun to make a mod where Demigods could summon towers and fortress...

or towers and fortress could grew up and re-born by them self from the citadel

citadel-fortress1-towers1-towers2-towers3

I mean, if the towers1 is destroyed, towers 2 and 3 couldn't regenerate or re-born...

that could be fun on flag and slaughter

March 18, 2011 12:39:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^ at above post -- 

Try favormod you can summon towers and citadels (altered) with this mod + much more

June 14, 2011 11:28:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah - just a quick bump.  This mod is pretty much just a silly novelty.  If you find yourself bored one day, I trust this will entertain you.  Give it a look if you have not.

I'm somewhat confident we won't see too many games hosted online using this mod.  That said... it would be batshite crazy if we did. 

July 13, 2011 3:45:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
Ah - just a quick bump.  This mod is pretty much just a silly novelty.  If you find yourself bored one day, I trust this will entertain you.  Give it a look if you have not.

I'm somewhat confident we won't see too many games hosted online using this mod.  That said... it would be batshite crazy if we did. 

5vs5 all Rook game on Prison.

July 14, 2011 11:07:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

July 15, 2011 4:38:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Quoting OMG_pacov, reply 9Ah - just a quick bump.  This mod is pretty much just a silly novelty.  If you find yourself bored one day, I trust this will entertain you.  Give it a look if you have not.

Would be fun to try!

Though 5 vs 5 is more unlike.... But 3 vs 3 could work fine if you get enough players.

December 27, 2011 8:24:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the site sais that the download is out of bandwidth

please re-upload on mediafire 

December 27, 2011 8:37:04 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Here you go:

1 sec cool down version - http://www.mediafire.com/?l9d6tfvlb99kolz

normal cool down version - http://www.mediafire.com/?id02yzjjq5mnfu8

December 28, 2011 1:35:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thank you

December 28, 2011 8:25:45 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

You're welcome.  It's a silly mod, but certainly fun. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time: