The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Well, I think now I'm ready...

By on October 30, 2010 8:41:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dlarimit

Join Date 10/2010
+20

To join that Vent channel several OMG (and non-OMG) people told me about. Not that I don't suck anymore, mind you. For example, Darkliath had recently killed my Occ 14 times in a row using no favor items or skills! But don't let that info stop you! Please tell me again, how can I join your channel? Technically, that is. (There was a post about that, but I'm not 100% sure it's not outdated or something).

I'm a weak player, but I really want to get better, and to achieve that, I should play strong ones, not 400+ games guys that accuse me of cheating after I use UG on towers (it actually happened today...). Moreover, I'm really sick of total lack of coordination and communication on random teams.  

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 30, 2010 9:26:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

download ventrilo, install.  Create a username; create new server info w/ following info:

oxygen.typefrag.com

port: 50216

password:  --- (none)

Go to setup, make sure output is coming through something you can hear, and if you have a microphone you select it on input.  If you have a microphone, in the upper left check "use push to talk" and "enable outgoing" and "use direct input"  then a little below that put in the hotkey.  Hold down the hotkey to talk.  Most people use control, alt, or shift.

October 30, 2010 9:41:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah - if you are looking to join one of the omg channels, just pm someone that is on and ask for the password, but you don't need any password to get on the vent server itself.  See you online at some point. 

October 31, 2010 4:05:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh - and side note.  Don't think of hopping onto vent as a major deal.  Just make an appearance, hit up someone you recognize from the forums for a game (just use a pm if you aren't used to ventrilo servers), and have some fun.  I trust you'll get plenty of feedback from folks and be welcomed.  Folks that are "tier 1" can be surprisingly friendly.  I think the only really annoying thing you will face is being excluded from all tier 1 games.  Outside of that, its open season.  Anyway, hop on sometime tomorrow. I'll be there and if I see you, I'll be happy to play some games either with or against.

Do you have a mic or will you just be listening in?

October 31, 2010 4:23:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rawrrr, Pacov, thank you for both the instructions and the encouragement. Hopefully, I'll find time to install it today.

I think the only really annoying thing you will face is being excluded from all tier 1 games. 

That kind of goes without saying

Do you have a mic or will you just be listening in?

I do, but I will need to set it up.

October 31, 2010 10:32:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I've joined the server, but I cannot figure how to hear people talking (and should I hear anything at all unless I join one of the rooms?). Excuse me for idiotic questions, I'm not exactly a technophile...

October 31, 2010 5:52:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You won't hear anything until you join a channel or else it would be super crazy (: 

Join a channel and look at the little speaker symbols. If it's Red, they aren't broadcasting so you couldn't hear anything. Yellow means that they are muted (you muted them, or they are in a private chat or room you aren't in or some other circumstance). Green means they are broadcasting and you should hear them. If you see greens but don't hear anything, first check your volume, obviously.

Then click Setup > Output Device and make sure the device you're using is selected. It should default to "Default DirectSound" which works 90% of the time but sometimes it doesn't so just toggle it around until you get the device you want. 

November 1, 2010 4:40:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm sometimes on AFK channel but if you want a game feel free to ask for one !

I'm myself not a great player but most important is to have fun playing and also to get better....

November 1, 2010 4:49:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hope to try it out today (a lot of work, so not sure I'll get online at all...).

Okay. Technically, the microphone and the headphones seem to work fine so far (Peter heard me, Darkliath heard me). However, I'm not sure how should I join actual games... I mean it seems a bit rude just to join one of the channels all of a sudden. Well, I guess I'll wait until someone I know (at least superficially, from forums) signs in while I'm online. By the way, sds on Vent = Your_Maker?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time: