The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Mods - Here are the mods that YOU should use

By on October 24, 2010 4:26:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

UPDATE 10/8/2015 - reuploaded the MODs as the old think wasn't working. 

UPDATE 1/15/2013 - Removes MOBA mod; updates Balancemod to Ver 1.31

I thought I’d take a moment to post several of the commonly used mods as we’ve had an influx of new players and even some of the folks that have been around for awhile aren’t using the best mods.   If you want to just cut to the chase, I recommend simply downloading the following package:

Recommended DownloadPacov’s combined installation package

In order to simplify things for the community, I’ll be maintaining a combined installation package for everyone.  As releases to the most popular mods are made, I compile them into 1 executable.  All you have to do is download the executable, run the executable, and enable the mods in the in-game demigod mod manager.  This will basically be your 1 stop shop to getting the latest versions. 

Here’s what’s included in pacov’s combined installation package:

• Enhanced AI
  • Enhanced UI
  • FavorMod
  • Uberfix
  • Balance Mod
  • No Spirit Citadel Rush

Download here:  https://www.box.com/s/kjbn2a9tiimu11a0e5iu

UI MODS

These are mods that improve the in game experience.  Some are simple, logical changes like making it so you can always see a number indicating how much HP or mana you have.  Other mods provide information on your teammate’s health and items.  Yet another one shows you how many minions you have along with their health status.  In short, you put yourself at a little bit of a disadvantage by not using these mods and I strongly recommend you use them.  I’ve added pictures so that you can easily see the differences between the original and modified UI.  Click on the links below to read up for details and to download.

The Enhanced UI mod package

This is a mod that combines the code from the 5 UI mods listed below.  If you choose to use this mod, you do not need to download the other UI mods listed below.  The only real benefit of this mod is that you only need to enable 1 mod instead of 5 in Demigod, but I recommend using this version.  If you have already downloaded my combined installation package, then you already have this.

Bman’s Godlike Team Panel v1.2.3 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay menu showing your teammates stats (hp/mana)

Before the mod:

before teampanel

After the mod:

teampanel

Bman’s Rampaging Minion Overlay 0.6 by bman654 :  this creates an overlay showing minion stats.

Before the mod:

Before Minion

After the mod:

minionsz

Rollover Ally Info v1.4.5 by Chirmaya (1.4.5 updated by pacov):  this enables you to move your mouse over a player on your team and see what items they have.  Very useful for knowing if a teammate has a sigil, etc.
Before the mod:
Before Rollover Ally
After the mod:

Rollover Ally

Always visible health and mana text by gunblob:  This makes it so your health and mana meters always show the text value of your hp as well (instead of just a green and blue bar).

Before the mod:

Before Always Visible

After the mod:

After Always Visible

Enhanced squelch/chat by mithy:  This mod simplifies the in game squelch/muting system and provides enhancements to the chat system.  

MOD’S THAT EVERYONE MUST HAVE INSTALLED TO WORK

This is worth me taking some time to explain.  There are certain mods that will ONLY work if every player in the game has them installed.  In most instances, you won’t be able to join a user’s game if you don’t have the mod installed.  Anyway, I say that to make this clear.  If you host a game with any of the following mods enabled (enabled and installed are very different – enabled means you turned it on in the demigod mod manager – installed means you ran one of the installers), only other players that have these mods installed (note installed – the folks joining your games do not have to enable the mods as long as they installed) will be able to join you.  If a player tries to join one of your games and happens to have an older version of a mod installed, they will still likely be able to join, but the game will desync.  If you have a game desync within the first few minutes, that’s what happened.  You can avoid this by making sure that everyone used my installer to get on the same version. 

Bug FixesUberfix 1.0X – this is a collection of fixes for bugs created by the community.

malicious_AIEnhanced AI v1.X – This is an excellent AI mod that vastly improves the vanilla AI.  If you even remotely like playing against the AI, use this mod and try it again. 

FavorMod v2.X – this is a brilliant collection of new favor items created by another great modder going by Exxcentric.  He’s created 20 + new favor items with a variety of new abilities.  Try this out for fun!

Balance Mod v1.X - this is a balance mod that's evolved over the past year or so created by Lord_Orion. 

Enfo’s Mod v1.3 SP and v1.1 SP/MP – this is another great mod created by Exxcentric.  In this mod, you fight wave after wave of creeps on a customized version of the brother’s map.  If you are looking to try something new, give this a shot.

MOBA 1.X - This mod places more emphasis on the MOBA aspects of the game. Citadel upgrades are affordable, and citadel upgrade units do not yield gold and XP to the enemy. As such, you'll be wanting to put more emphasis on citadel upgrades compared to normal Demigod. This is also a great opportunity to explore other aspects of Demigod's design that are often unseen in normal games, such as fielding upgraded citadel units early in the game or having heavily upgraded towers.

No Citadel Spirit Rush - The purpose of this mod is to remove an oaks ability to use a "spirit rush" to kill a citadel without nerfing a minion oak in any other way (eg all other structures, creeps, and demigods still take the same level of dmg as normal).

Last, in case the version I reuploaded isn't working, here a copy of an older version that I know still works.  Only use this if you can't get the one at the top to work.  https://app.box.com/s/05eqy6coh57rg1uapzinf8gn0guz1txj

Pinned Post 161 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 7, 2011 12:27:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 7/7/2011 - Removed enhanced AI v1.00.  Added enhanced AI v1.01.  All mods current as of 12:30AM EST.

July 9, 2011 6:45:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

(The link to the Uberfix mod does not work anymore, thats why I post it here)

It may sound a little bit strange, but what do you think about renaming the uberfix mod with another name that is ore clearly describing what it does? My impressions are, that many people doesn't really know what it is doing...

So what about "bugfixes" for example? Or just another name that describes more what it does.

July 9, 2011 1:10:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I'm not opposed to a name change, but it's miri's mod.
July 21, 2011 4:07:08 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

just a quick heads up, there will likely be an updated release in the next few days with a new version of the ai mod.  Made some good improvements recently.

July 22, 2011 6:09:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks man, how lovely it would be to have these mods mandatory. I cannot get a game going anymore in the AU night time because the euros refuse to install mods.

July 22, 2011 6:55:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think most of them have installed it, but why they don't use it... I guess some of them can't understand any english and the name "Uberfix" can't be easily related to bugfixes. Mods are normally no bug fixes but real deep changes to the game.

The other thing is maybe, that some individuals can't accept changes from anybody except the "authority", In this case the publisher.

But certainly most have it. Had hosted Uberfix games where a russian entered it and told me to host without. But since his very poor english I don't thing he had a bad intent. Just wanted to help me to get a full game maybe. ^^

July 22, 2011 7:03:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Running_Lukas,
thanks man, how lovely it would be to have these mods mandatory. I cannot get a game going anymore in the AU night time because the euros refuse to install mods.

Similar here, just on EU... Barely anyone joins me, while other hosts tend to host disconnect a lot when losing.

And thanks Pacov

August 6, 2011 1:25:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 8/6/2011 - Removed enhanced AI v1.01.  Added enhanced AI v1.02.  All mods current as of 1:27PM EST.

FYI - the combined installer has seen > 3k downloads as of today. 

August 7, 2011 1:10:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh wow Rook is awesome now. (on nightmare)

Tower raping and boulder spamming.

Level 4: he dropped a hammer and sent DA running, then tore down the health side corner tower, then moved forward and tore down one of the cooldown towers. When we walked over to cover (no tps yet) he ran away. Very cool.

August 10, 2011 7:20:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lord Orion, in your balance mod you nerfed Beast, and Erebus, but didn't scratch Oak. Why not? He is the most OP of all!

August 10, 2011 12:48:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Telpeurion,
Lord Orion, in your balance mod you nerfed Beast, and Erebus, but didn't scratch Oak. Why not? He is the most OP of all!

I agree Oak is strong all around, but the nerfs were to skills that cause meta problems. Oak doesn't really have a single IMBA game breaking skill, just a combination of strong skills.

eg: Erebus is a strong demigod all around too, but range 30 batswarm at level 10 is too strong, and also gives no reason to take level III Bat Swarm. Hence the range cut to 25

UB's nerfs didn't go in quite the right direction, but Acclimation is IMBA and Ooze breaks pretty much every white damage based build. Admittedly I made an error nerfing venom spit.

Regardless, a new mod is coming, so we'll see how you feel after that one, just waiting on Pacov to update his installer. (nudges Pacov with his elbow)

August 10, 2011 1:11:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
I agree Oak is strong all around, but the nerfs were to skills that cause meta problems. Oak doesn't really have a single IMBA game breaking skill, just a combination of strong skills.

I can't agree. Shield III lasts 6 seconds where nobody can interrupt or damage you at Lvl 7. This time is long enough for a save lock and teleport for example.

Quoting LORD-ORION,
Regardless, a new mod is coming, so we'll see how you feel after that one, just waiting on Pacov to update his installer. (nudges Pacov with his elbow)

I'm curious.

August 10, 2011 2:08:54 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Stop hitting me!    Anyway, I really doubt I'll be able to add this tonight, but I will if possible.  Otherwise I'll get it added tomorrow.

August 10, 2011 5:31:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I stand corrected - managed to find time to compile a new version.

Updated 8/10/2011 - Removed Crazy Town.  Replaced it with Balance Mod v1.0.  All mods current as of 5:35PM EST.

August 10, 2011 9:44:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very interesting changes. Thanks, ORION and Pacov.

August 12, 2011 5:43:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated 8/12/2011 - Removed MOBA v1.0.  Added MOBA v1.1  All mods current as of 5:35PM EST.

August 12, 2011 7:55:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for doing the update of both of my mods.

August 28, 2011 12:54:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Np.

I strongly suggest that anyone interested in the combined demigod mod installer grab and archive a copy.  I do not expect to be actively supporting it going forward (you can always shoot me a pm if you modders need an update, but I doubt the turn around time will be extremely expedient).  I'm not sure if box.net has any crazy retention policies and will delete what I've uploaded if I haven't logged in for some time or so... so just to be on the safe side, I do recommend grabbing the latest version and saving it somewhere for safe keeping.

Thanks again to every one of our modders that took time to improve upon Demigod and contribute here.  We've seen > 3,500 downloads of the mod package to date and I hope that future players of Demigod will always be able to get at the modders hard work.

Cheers,

pacov

September 15, 2011 11:37:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This post is no longer linked in the general forum. Should be a sticky.

September 16, 2011 12:08:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mayhaps I'll make 2 posts then - they can't be in the modding forum and the general forum at the same time.  It's stickied in the modding forum today.  Shoot me a pm tomorrow if I haven't sorted it and I'll get it taken care of.

September 16, 2011 12:17:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Done - it's stickied in the general forums

September 16, 2011 2:12:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for being a steady community leader pacov. You really did contribute and help the game out. It's a little frustrating that Frogboy wasn't able to spend millions on postproduction Demigod support, but I think we did alright.

September 16, 2011 4:05:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good idea (because it was what I originally requested heh)

So we could have a sort of "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" post to make requests to the package without gunking up the similar post in the main forum.

Thanks

December 16, 2011 4:41:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there any chance anyone else can take over this combined mod installer if Pacov is leaving the fight? Such an awesome package!

December 16, 2011 8:30:19 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I certainly wouldn't mind that.  That said, the mod is still 100% up-to-date so there really aren't any updates needed. 

The combined installer works for the steam version as well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000407   Page Render Time: