The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Too Much Hate

By on October 19, 2010 2:48:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There's too much hate and rage in this game.

This small community has some serious issues with not winning a game. I've tried different players, I try hosting friendly matches. I TELL people in lobby I'm only a mid level player.... Still rage rage rage in almost every single game.

Seriously how do you people call themselves gamers. Games are supposed to be fun. So why keep playing a game if it makes you so angry?

I'm fed up completely with this crap. I now will uninstall impulse and demigod from my system and never play again.

+16 Karma | 14 Replies
October 19, 2010 2:59:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you ever try to hop on ventrillo? In many different posts people are encouraged to join there to get good games going, even if there are new to the game.

October 19, 2010 3:05:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think some people who play this game have some competition issues and I have to say I don't blame you in the least for your choice of uninstalling this game.

If you ever want to give this game another chance I would suggest signing into Ventrilo and looking up either myself or Jongalt26 and we'll letcha know a few tips to keep from getting yelled at, or you can join a game on our team for a some friendly competition without rage.

Well... without rage on our team.  I'm not to be held responsible for what the other team says when we beat them... some people are just bad sports.

October 19, 2010 7:45:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, there are a lot of children who play this game. When you are getting abused by someone for only being a mid-level player, remind yourself: This person has played this game to the point where they are tolerably good but have completely lost sight of the fact that it is A GAME because they are one or all of the following; unemployed, literally a child, single, on the husky side, or have some serious emotional deficiencies stemming from an insufficent amount of care and attention as a child. It's not you, it's them.

That said, there are a lot of us who are happy to play with anyone, no matter the skill level, as long as everyone can be civil to each other. Don't give up.

October 19, 2010 10:47:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BadDaddy8,
Yeah, there are a lot of children who play this game. When you are getting abused by someone for only being a mid-level player, remind yourself: This person has played this game to the point where they are tolerably good but have completely lost sight of the fact that it is A GAME because they are one or all of the following; unemployed, literally a child, single, on the husky side, or have some serious emotional deficiencies stemming from an insufficent amount of care and attention as a child. It's not you, it's them.

That said, there are a lot of us who are happy to play with anyone, no matter the skill level, as long as everyone can be civil to each other. Don't give up.
well said

October 19, 2010 12:35:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed. 

October 19, 2010 5:10:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Might I be welcome on vent as well?

If I am, where might I find the settings?

October 19, 2010 6:14:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KingBingo,
Might I be welcome on vent as well?

If I am, where might I find the settings?

Sure you are, king.  Looks like you've found it though  

The info is in the tourney rules and registration thread at the bottom.  Some of the OMG channels are passworded, but if you pm someone, I'm sure they will hook you up.

October 20, 2010 8:11:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I appreciate that there are some people who are mature. But others will never understand or change. The whole concept of this game is highly team-work based, so yeah if you have a teammate with less skill it can cost the game.

What many do not understand is I couldn't be bothered getting better at gaming. I'm a mid level player at most games and don't have time to waste getting serious about a computer game. I have a wife & kids. I have a management career and am boss to kids like these that are into gaming. I teach martial arts too.... That's life. To be honest when people play a game and say to me "learn to play"... well I can play, just not the only thing going on in my life.

I suppose that's why it affects the "PRO" players of demigod so much. It is the only thing going on in their life.

I'd be lucky to get an hour a day to spare for gaming, and I'll not waste it in a hate breeding environment.

October 20, 2010 8:26:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's unfortunate. I know exactly what you are talking about; I am in the same position. I have taken a few weeks or a month off from Demigod to play something else, live life, or because it was nice outside (imagine that!), come back, hopped in a Mid+ game 'cause my stats are still okay, and been reamed for missing a Shield on a player that over-extended his stupid ass.

Sorry you don't have the energy to devote to finding good people in Demigod. It is a great game when you do! If the game was new, I would have recommended hammering some friends into playing, so you always knew who you were playing with. Playing against jerks is much less of an issue.

October 20, 2010 2:19:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Pacov: thanks alot, did not see alot going on in there but it was probably a quiet night. Look forward to popping by again. 

I must say thinking about it the only time I do loose my rag is when someone throws in the towel because of a minor set back and then goes afk behind the crystal. 

Plenty of games I have been in that started really badly and then we won. But that is not possible if one of your players is absent and does not even quit the game so we at least get an AI. 

Souza11 did that to me and another team mate a few days ago, and there was much hate coming from me. I really was quite peeved. 

October 20, 2010 2:39:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

@Pacov: thanks alot, did not see alot going on in there but it was probably a quiet night. Look forward to popping by again.

Yeah - its all a matter of when you sign on there.  Everyone interacts a little differently.  I usually go afk for a bit until I'm ready to play or if I'm just solo pugging until someone invites me to a game or tourney match - other folks are a bit more social than me hop on to shoot the shite.  Anyway, feel free to pm me if you want to get a game going - just make sure you leave the chat window up in case I'm actually afk. 

October 20, 2010 5:24:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I must say thinking about it the only time I do loose my rag is when someone throws in the towel because of a minor set back and then goes afk behind the crystal. 

Plenty of games I have been in that started really badly and then we won. But that is not possible if one of your players is absent and does not even quit the game so we at least get an AI.

thiiis.  They don't have to even go afk, just get into a mindset of "this is stupid, nothing I can do" and start playing worse than what they could be doing.  I've done this occasionally, but I really try to play through anything and turn it around if at all possible.  You never know what is going to happen.. ESPECIALLY if the deaths on your team were easily avoided.  If you died because your opponent brought a gadget @ lvl 1, then died because you just missed using shield, a teleport was a hair late, etc those are things you can come back from easily.  

October 20, 2010 5:40:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why can't we be friends? 

Why can't we be friends? 

Why can't we be friends? 

Why can't we be friends? 

October 20, 2010 6:08:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.