The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Newbies beware! Please avoid Beowulf_GER

By on October 17, 2010 9:54:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dlarimit

Join Date 10/2010
+20

All right, so here is a word of warning for all those newbie players that care about their winning percentage and wish to waste their time productively, so to say Today, during a lunch break at work (yes, work! I live in Israel, so Sundays are roughly equivalent to your Mondays, ladies and gentlemen), I decided to play a quick 1v1 game. At the time, 1v1 on Crucible was hosted by Beowulf_GER. Seemed perfect. Now, I admit I probably shouldn't have played him at all, judging by his stats, but I'm still not used to that rollover info thingie with number of games and win percentage displayed. The guy clearly had no idea how to play, so I grew a bit frustrated when he let my Sed beat the crap out of his TB 3 times in a row. Never mind, I thought, after catas he'll concede and that's it. Apparently, I was a bit naive (after 10 or so host DCs in my face, still a stupid idealist :/). Anyway, this guy had probably found a way to make the game not to be recorded at all, not even with a NA/Incomplete result.

Here's a link to the replay (please note it's there for proof only, there's nothing to be seen there game-wise, Easy AI is a more challenging opponent): http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=158350

Here's a link to Beowulf_GER's stats (22 wins, 23 DCs!): http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/player/120537/

Now, I wouldn't have gone to the extremes of posting prooflinks and warnings... DCs happen all the time (Gosh, I have 7 or 8 DCs as well, thanks to my shitty ATI Radeon that sometimes crashes the game during graphically intensive moments, although I wasn't a host during those games and they all resulted in defeats for me, AFAIK). But I've talked to this guy in-game, tried reasoning with him. No aggression, mind you, I'm usually a polite and diplomatic person. The answers I got were: " ", " " and "?". Obviously not a verbal type, huh?

So my point is: judging by the emoticons and the stats (more DCs than wins), he knows perfectly well what he's doing. Newbie players beware! (Mids+ probably won't touch this guy due to his crappy stats anyway, and so shouldn't have I... But that's another story.)

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 18, 2010 2:17:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If your going to point out every rude immature and abusive person on Demigod your going to spend a lot of time on the forums.

I don't do a lot of internet gaming. But it seems about 30% of Demigod players are obnoxious little brats of the first order. 

October 18, 2010 3:25:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If your going to point out every rude immature and abusive person on Demigod your going to spend a lot of time on the forums.

Your concern, dear KingBingo, is truly touching, but if my memory serves me well, this guy is the only one I have pointed out so far.

October 18, 2010 5:22:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No need to get shirty.

October 18, 2010 6:49:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While what KingBingo says is true regarding there being some brats, I'm all for reporting those that are clearly exploiting here and there.  Some folks will still choose to play with those guys even if there is a big write up about them, but I personally appreciate the extra info.  I find that a good amount of this sort of behavior happens in 1v1s.  I really wouldn't take offense at what KingBingo had to say as I'm pretty confident that wasn't his intent. 

October 19, 2010 5:59:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While the tone of my reply was a bit sarcastic (and deliberately so: I guess I just don't like random people being overly concerned with my schedule, even if that's just a figure of speech), I didn't mean to imply I've taken offense I wouldn't have reported him for being rude (he wasn't) or immature (I'm no child psychologist), but when I can clearly see the guy is heavily abusing the 1v1 DC exploit, I think a word of warning is due.

October 19, 2010 1:02:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but when I can clearly see the guy is heavily abusing the 1v1 DC exploit, I think a word of warning is due.

completely agree.

edit - heh IN1 - just checked a few of your latest game names - (IL) Noob stomp w/ desync

lolz. 

Another thought - what ever are you and darkliath doing in your 7 minute reg vs the world games

October 20, 2010 2:37:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, we have nothing to hide! We were cheating like hell! Pure favor point farm for 220 FP+achievements a game (unlock achievements by settings, then do every goal once). I was eager to test Sedna builds requiring CoN, WotS and Cape, as outlined by Hedgie in his wonderful Definitive Sedna Guide, and had no intention to wait for another 50+ games to be able to do it (yes, I know after half a million games you've already forgotten that we the noobs start out with 150 FP and gain them slowly, being forced to spend at least on the Swift Anklet and BotF ).

PS: "Noob stomp w/ desync" series = test games vs AI where I try all kinds of weird things. Even though I have had an interesting experience when hosting a regular game with the same title: the lobby was full in less than half a minute! Honesty usually pays off, you see?

October 20, 2010 2:31:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting IN1,
While the tone of my reply was a bit sarcastic (and deliberately so: I guess I just don't like random people being overly concerned with my schedule,

I have no interest in your schedule. I was only observing  that there are an awful lot of player like the one you describe unfortunately.  A_running_man made the point specifically in his 'Too much hate' thread rather well.  

However, this 'random person' will let you get on. Perhaps in future you should specify who is allowed to post in your threads, clearly I'm not some who qualifies as being allowed to engage with you. A rather brisk elitist attitude, but whatever, be like that if you will. 

October 20, 2010 3:15:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

However, this 'random person' will let you get on. Perhaps in future you should specify who is allowed to post in your threads, clearly I'm not some who qualifies as being allowed to engage with you. A rather brisk elitist attitude, but whatever, be like that if you will. 

No need to get shirty. (c)

October 20, 2010 3:35:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for getting me kicked from that lobby btw.

Removed as contacted in game. 

October 20, 2010 4:49:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, I had nothing to do with you getting kicked out of that lobby. Based on your stats, I'd love to play with you - it was a mid game, after all. But CAXA (the host) decided all of a sudden he doesn't like you. To quote him: "HE BIG YELLOW PING!!! ME KICK!!!". He's a big Russian guy from Siberia, so you'll have to forgive him...

December 29, 2010 9:22:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

add Robertmunch to the mix

he lost vs me and rav3nix in a 2v3 game, even tho he clearly had advantage.

in the end he quit before we killed his cit. game was not recorded. dunno how he does that, but there u have it.

but we won anyway so... in your face u little twat!

kudos to nnnils for hanging on in the game with 2 morons on his team. u stuck it out till the end, well done!

kudos to rav3nix my evil teammate who held their entire team back while i took all flags.

kudos to our ai UB who just wandered around aimlessly and peed on towers.

December 30, 2010 1:50:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BTW, Inerz, a lot of ppl seem to think IN1=Inerz (got asked 4 times about it lately). It's a great opportunity to proclaim: nooooooooo, we are not the same person (even though nooby me takes it as a compliment)!!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time: