The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The 2nd Demigod Community Tournament - Tourny Finances

By on September 28, 2010 12:31:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is related to the tournament discussions located here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/396231/page/1/#replies

Special thanks to S T A R D O C K for their support of the tournament!

Tournament Finances

I will be handling the financial transactions for the PLSTH.  Pacov is a known trustworthy source but i don't want to saddle him with the work in dealing with it. I assure you that I am as well. 

You are not required to send money to be in the tournament.  But if $10 (or more) is not much money to you then please add some to the pot.  

Submission of the money. 

I would prefer if you send the money to me via paypal.  I'll upload my commitment to paypal and will leave all of the money there for distribution after the tournament.  PM me and i will send you my paypal account info or a mailing address or something to help make it happen.  I would rather not post this info publicly.

Winner receipt of money,

I would strongly prefer to send the winnings out via paypal as well.  If you don't have a paypal account then you could use someone else who does have one and will send you the cash.  Other options include moneygram, 2-day fed-ex (preferably not ground or home) or that Nigerian friend that we all have.  The fees for sending would come out of your personal winnings.  Paypal accounts are free and make life a lot easier.  If you don't have an account just go set one up now. I'm also open to suggestions, and the easier it is for me, the more better .  We'll worry about how to send money out of the USA should that become a problem.

The winnings are to be split up accordingly:

First Place:  40% of the money

Second Place:  30% of the money

Third Place:  20% of the money

Round Robin Winner:  10%

(This is not set in stone, if you have other suggestions please let the community know and it can discussed)

Frag McShane - it is your civic duty to do so!

McShane has thankfully put a target on his head for the tournament. He offered to donate $20 to the pot if he gets killed twice in a single game or if he is killed twice by any single player.  (Suicides or enemy tower deaths don't count).  If you succeed in this task then $10 of McShanes money goes directly to you (or team) and the other $10 goes to the pot.

Donator list

These people have pledged a minimum $10 to the tournament pot.  Please note the I will be uploading my previously announced commitment plus some additional, in the near future. Some of our community members have offerred to donate additional funds to the pot than the requested $10, however a couple of them have asked to remain anonymous.

Current total pot received: $649.54

Current payouts

Round Robin winner 10%: $65.00

Current total pot remaining: $584.54

• Stardock (Demigod Publisher)  
  • pacov
  • OMG_Jongalt
  • Brasher01
  • Ninki
  • Zen-God
  • Thundercles

This is the list of people who have not confirmed if they will or will not pay.  If you wouldn't mind confirming via post or PM to myself or Pacov I would appreciate it. 

Payouts:

Mcshane, Orcun & Renz are the winners of the round robin and are awarded 10% of the pot.  Payment sent 12/23/10

Please be sure to give Karma, a thanks and show appreciation to the donators.  Since most are on separate teams it is a losing proposition.  They are specifically doing this to keep the game alive, make the tournament more attractive and fun for all of us.

Thanks!

Father Jon 

+16 Karma | 57 Replies
September 30, 2010 3:26:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks Brasher !!

September 30, 2010 3:45:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting brasher_01,
I'm in. I'll pitch in $10.

Thanks!

October 1, 2010 2:16:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will pay the 10$

October 1, 2010 1:33:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If stardock is going to be marketing the tournament a bit I think we should ditch the PACOV'S LAST STAND HUZZZZZZZZZAH name for the tourney. Its just a little bit unprofessional.

October 1, 2010 2:14:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you are going to critisize something cow, then provide alternatives.

Better do it quick as well since things are in motion for the marketing.

Would just dumping the huzzzzzzaaahh out of it help ?

It's also currently listed as Pacov's Last Stand

(the last stand being in regards to oak's skill of rising from the dead)

October 1, 2010 2:25:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
If stardock is going to be marketing the tournament a bit I think we should ditch the PACOV'S LAST STAND HUZZZZZZZZZAH name for the tourney. Its just a little bit unprofessional.

How about "Cow's professional Demigod Association Tournament for Serious Business Professionals."  Heh.  I think they way I handled the rules and registration is a pretty good example.  The only reference to that tournament name is off to the side in brackets... making that post look more professional took  me like 2 hours yesterday  

Easy solution - just change your title to: 

The 2nd Demigod Community Tournament - Prize Money Discussion

That ties our naming conventions together.  Honestly, you don't even have to have pacov's last stand, but you can include it on your page somewhere in a small way if you like. 

October 1, 2010 3:10:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the last time i changed the title of a thread, the thread went into limb and could only be accessed from the impulse forums as opposed to the demigod forums.

Should i take that chance again?

October 1, 2010 3:19:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Jongalt26,
the last time i changed the title of a thread, the thread went into limb and could only be accessed from the impulse forums as opposed to the demigod forums.

Should i take that chance again?

heh - give it a go.  Worst case you can open up a new post and I'll link to that in the main thread. 

October 2, 2010 3:29:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There we go! 

October 3, 2010 12:14:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yay it didn't get lost lol

October 6, 2010 1:09:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump

October 9, 2010 1:18:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I AM OFFICIALY CONFIRMING A NEW TEAM THAT WANTS TO JOIN

1.RobertMunch

2.FC-FuneralPortrait

3.FC-DeadDemi

October 9, 2010 1:19:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I AM OFFICIALY CONFIRMING A NEW TEAM THAT WANTS TO JOIN

1.RobertMunch

2.FC-FuneralPortrait

3.FC-DeadDemi

October 9, 2010 2:47:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played against team FC with pete and a pug.  The interesting thing is that one of them asked me if I was senda exploiting by buying high priests instead of bishop.  This means either they didn't read up or they are old school folks that dropped out before that bug got fixed.  Anyway, we had a slow/boring/fun game. 

That said, welcome to the tourney and I will add your team.  GL HF in the tourney!

heh - just noticed you posted in the finance thread instead of the registration thread.  Check out over here for the rules.  Welcome Back!  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/396231/page/28/#2798711

October 12, 2010 1:19:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump

October 14, 2010 10:53:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

* COUGH * HACK *

October 22, 2010 1:03:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
* COUGH * HACK *

October 22, 2010 1:09:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heh - in hindsight, maybe we should have waited a bit longer to announce sd's support.    At any rate, its still a good pot. 

October 22, 2010 10:58:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
heh - in hindsight, maybe we should have waited a bit longer to announce sd's support.    At any rate, its still a good pot. 

you forget that mcshane will have to pay because all I intend on doing in that match is suiciding into him so he has to pay

October 22, 2010 11:33:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I still havent added my share which i will do sometime soon when it's convenient.

For others though, if you pledged, please submit you $.

Thanks!

j

October 22, 2010 4:09:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will

November 10, 2010 6:26:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So....Has McShane lost his bet yet?

November 10, 2010 6:33:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Of course I haven't.

November 10, 2010 7:45:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-McShane87,
Of course I haven't.

You slipped through my grasp once but not in the finals!

November 10, 2010 8:26:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol I think you mean Soccer's grasp, potentially dying to that Occulus of yours never even crossed my mind.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001500   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.