The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Evochron Mercenary - is this series any good?

By on September 14, 2010 9:43:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hello all

I just noticed on Impulse that a new free-form space sim game is coming out soon that looked interesting and was thinking about getting it. Its called Evochron Mercenary and looks to be something like Eve online. It is apparently part of a series but i haven't played any of these and was wondering if anyone that has played the earlier versions could let me know if they were decent games or not. I have read that it comes from a one man studio and it seems to be an amazing game for one guy to be able to do.

here is the official trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6vHgRgTe8

impluse store page

http://www.impulsedriven.com/evomerc

+3 Karma | 5 Replies
January 29, 2012 5:58:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Anyone playing this?

Just seen it on Steam.

January 30, 2012 1:09:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Anyone?

February 5, 2012 2:21:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Check the STEAM forums for more information about Evochron. I have bought it and it's "decent" not great. It has some elements from Eve, X3, and some of the older space games. The combat isn't bad, you can make your own ships, multiplayer is kinda fun, you can visit planets (through atmosphere), mining and resource gathering, and the galaxy is pretty dynamic. Unfortunately, the interface sucks and it has a bit of a learning curve. It's a game I'll be keeping my eye on as it has potential but I'd try to get it on sale if I was just getting it.

February 5, 2012 2:17:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Thanks
February 5, 2012 2:31:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I bought Evochron Legends a while back. It was a real flight sim, unlike Eve, and pretty good with regards to physics and such. It was too easy to get rich and get all the non-military equipment you wanted. The MP crowd was small, but friendly, so a lot of NPC driven events. Getting the military equipment required tons of grinding and was not as flexible in design. So if you can get a demo, do so and keep your mind set on the long-term.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.