The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The 2nd Demigod Community Tournament - Rules and Registration

Pacov's Last Stand

By on September 11, 2010 2:34:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Welcome to the 2nd Demigod community tournament (Pacov's Last Stand) - rules and registration thread!   

UPDATE 1:  The scheduling thread has been opened.  Please head over there and post when you are available to play:  http://forums.impulsedriven.com/399006

UPDATE 2:  A new version of uberfix is available AND is required for the tournament.  Please see here and download/install:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399037

UPDATE 3:  The RESULTS thread has been opened.  Please head over there to track your wins/losses/replays:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399047

Update 4:  Registration is now closed.  Alternates are still allowed, but no new teams will be allowed to register at this point.

Update 5:  Added ventrilo (voice chat) server information for those of you that would like to use voice chat.  It also helps in finding people that are ready to play their matches!

Update 6:  The replay commentaries/discussions thread has been opened:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399150.  Check this thread out for news on live streaming events during the tournament along with commentaries and video for some of the games in this tournament!

This thread will cover all of the relevant rules and registration information.  Please see below for all of the details.

The tournament began on 10/16/2010.  Please be aware that this tournament will not begin and end on 10/16/2010.  It will actually take several weeks to complete. 

Background 

In April 2010, we started our first community demigod tournament.  The tournament was 2v2 and certain demigod selections were restricted.  The tourney carried a crash prize donated by people in the community and was won by the two man team of zen_god and King_of_thorns.  For more details on that tourney, read up here: (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/380837). 

Tournament Format

• The tournament will be played as a 3v3 round robin tournament.  Round robin simply means that there is no elimination outside of disqualification.  Your team will play each and every team.  
  • Each match in the tournament will consist of 3 total games. 
  • We will track every win and loss.  The team with the most wins is the winner of the round robin portion of our tournament.
  • After the round robin has concluded, the top 4 teams will battle it out elimination style in the best 2 out of 3 games. 

Tournament Rules

• All matches will be played on cataract with default settings (the only exceptions being AI HP on Very High and AI Gold/XP on low). 
  • Each team will play 1 round on the light side, then 1 round on the dark side.  In the 3rd round, if each team has 1 win, the team that had the fastest win in game 1 or 2 gets to pick the side they want to be on.  If one team already has 2 wins, the team with no wins gets to pick the side they want to be on (keep in mind the following rule). 
  • The team that is on the dark side must pick their characters and ready up first.  Then the team on the light side gets to pick and the dark side does not have a chance to adjust their characters.
  • Players using oak may not use spirits to perform a citadel rush.  Any player doing this will have their entire team disqualified for that game giving a win to the opposing team. If you don't know what this terminology means, odds are you aren't citadel rushing with spirits. 
  • Players MUST form their own teams
  • One player from each game must report their stats in.  We will open up a tournament stat tracking thread after the tournament begins. 
  • To track your wins, you must do the following - post the replay at gamereplays.org.  If you have issues with gamereplays, upload the file to rapid share and provide us with a link.  One player from the winning team should do this for each and every match. 
  • Each team must complete a minimum of 2 matches (6 games) per week.  If there are extenuating circumstances, then the decision making panel will review them.  Failure to complete 2 matches per week will result in a disqualification for your team. 
  • ALL teams are required to use the version of the uberfix mod here:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399037

Alternates

• Each team is allowed to have exactly 1 alternate
  • The alternate must not be participating in the tournament (either directly registered for the tournament or on a duplicate account). If it is discovered that the alternate is a player that is already in the tournament, but using a different account, all of those matches will be forfeited.
  • The same alternate cannot be used by multiple teams
  • If a team wins a cash prize with an alternate on their team, that team must determine how they will handle the prize money.  The decision making panel has nothing to do with how you choose to split up the money.

Prize 

There will be a cash prize > $600.  Jongalt will be handling the collection of the money for this tournament.  We are discussing the prize money in this linked thread:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/398009.  We appreciate any contributions to the prize.  YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNEY. 

Here is how we will be splitting the winnings from the pot:

• 10% goes to the team that wins the round robin
  • 50% of the balance goes to the winner of the playoffs
  • 25% of the balance goes to the 2nd place winner of the playoffs
  • 15% of the balance goes to the 3rd place winner of the playoffs
  • Participation raffle - 1 player from a team that has completed all of their games in the tournament will be entered into a random drawing after the tournament ends.  That player will receive a prize of $30 as incentive for finishing the tournament.  This money will be taken from the total cash pot before any other money is distributed by percentage.  Any player that has won a cash prize is NOT eligible for the participation raffle.

Demigod Selection

Each 3 man team must use the following formula to make their Demigod character selections based on a 7 point maximum.  Be aware that no duplicate demigods are permitted on the same team.  This means you cannot choose random.

• Demon Assassin/Regulus - 1 point
  • Oculus/Queen of Thorns/Senda/Torch Bearer - 2 points
  • Lord Erebus/Oak/Rook/Unclean Beast - 3 points

Tournament Time Zone

The official time zone of the tournament is set for EST US time.  Players that are outside of that timezone are certainly welcome to play.  However, if there are significant scheduling difficulties due to players unable meet at the same time, the team furthest outside of the EST zone will most likely be disqualified or forfeit that match.  This rule does not excuse folks in the EST zone from any responsibility.  All parties in this tournament should endeavor to schedule their matches with other teams and try to be as flexible as possible. 

Decision Making Panel

This tournament will be governed by a decision making panel consisting of pacov, McShane, hedgie with Jongalt as an alternate.  The panel's purpose is as follows:

• Review any scheduling issues and making the final decisions with regards to disqualification. 
  • Reviewing replays as required (crashes and desyncs)
  • Resolving any disputes that arise

The panel's decision on all matters will be the final word for this tournament. And last, the members of the decision making panel will not make any decisions on the games they are playing in.  We didn't have a panel in place for the first tournament and that was a mistake. 

How will we handle crashes

If there is a game crash, the players involved in that match should see if they can come to a consensus on the probable outcome of the match.  If there is no clear winner, the 2 teams should replay the match using the exact same demigods and sides (light/dark).  If there was a clear winner at that point in the game, then that team should be awarded the win.  If the 2 teams disagree on the outcome, then the decision making panel will review the replay of the match and render a decision.  Be aware that the decision making panel must agree that a specific team was going to win or the results will be thrown out and the match redone.  Please be thoughtful if you want the panel to review a match. 

How we will handle invalid game states

The lastgamereplay file is still created in the event of an invalid game state, so it is still possible to review the results of a match.  In the event of an invalid game state, players should attempt to resolve the issue exactly the same way as game crashes.  If you believe foul play occurred, submit the replay along with any screen shots, etc, as evidence and the decision making panel will review.  If there is a CLEAR consensus that a team is willingly triggering invalid game states, that team will be disqualified after a thorough review of the facts and will no longer be able to participate in the tournament.  If your game does crash, it might be advisable to take a screen shot of the crash as proof.  Be aware that we know invalid game states can occur without any sort of foul play, so please be mindful when submitting requests for review.

Current Teams:

1. Soccermom, OMG_Zex, pacov
  2. Orcun, McShane, Defender
  3. beastmode, generalG, stiffyG
  4. IamKira, Mith, Zen_God
  5. bad daddy/chiefy/trousersnake
  6. jongalt/OMG_nomilarac/thundercles
  7. rwcupcrazy/pwnage_69/nojokes
  8. Iz_, Darz4, Darkliath
  9. Anneliese_the_Beserk/Udo_Juergins/Don_Doen
  10. Eltimes/Lols_SeaWolf/DreamCatcher
  11. OMG_jona__/4nana/kalel
  12. Nacelle, VulturePwns, LoCoJoK3R
  13. RobertMunch/FC-FuneralPortrait/DeadDemi
  14. Commando51, Rezzan, and T-Schert
  15. arkANG3L, swordguyj, and Firefromthesky
  16. brasher01/brokenstrong/beckad1(prozombe)
  17. Maxsteel32/Sebacoyl/Stilr
  18. Mortora/Nate_the_Great1992/SD_Zebrafox
  19. Bartleby/aberrator/nnnils\
  20. tsk-mandingo/ruiprsg_/kobzos

Registered Alternates:

Please be aware that other players are elligible to be an alternate based on the rules outlined in the alternates section.  I've simply left this list here so teams will know at least a few of the players that might be available as alternates. 

1. busdude
  2. doggu
  3. gl-Spectre
  4. johnkout7
  5. jorune2112
  6. Kiamori
  7. OmicronLyrae
  8. Ouch-That-Hurts
  9. Renfri
  10. Rocchinho
  11. Taharos
  12. volen20

For any of you that would like to use it, we have a public ventrilo (voice chat) server that you are welcome to use for the tournament.  Even if you don't have a microphone, if only 1 person on your team does, it can be very useful to use voice chat (at least 11 of the registered teams will be using voice chat.  Why not you too?

Here's all of the info you need to get started:

Here is where you can download the client (its free): http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Here are instructions on how to use ventrilo to connect to a server:  http://www.ventrilo.com/setup.php

And here's the needed server info:

Server Name:  Lagwar's Ventrilo Server
Hostname: 
oxygen.typefrag.com
Port:

I have created some password protected channels for those of you that would like to use the server.  Scroll down until you see channel Oh My Demigod.  You will then see tournament channel 1/2/3.  The password for these channels are demigod.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

+161 Karma | 924 Replies
November 30, 2010 5:35:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe they think they've been eliminated?  If you see them tell them they have Rawrr-Jona-Kalel/Hedgie as last team to play for final playoff spot and should come to the forums to schedule it. 

November 30, 2010 5:53:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

someone find mithrandar

November 30, 2010 9:03:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ya idk.. I still kinda want to do it.. but without a locked in date or anything.. the tournament has pretty much died off >.<

Lack of communication is a big problem with the lack of a set in stone schedule.

December 1, 2010 12:46:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If things aren't sorted (eg scheduled within the next 7 days), the decision making panel will be making some decisions.  Its for the best if you are in the running for placing in the top 4 that you sort your stuff immediately. 

If this comes down for to the top 3 tourney instead of the top 4, I can tell you that my team is ready to play anyone that is willing to schedule. 

December 1, 2010 2:34:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,
If things aren't sorted (eg scheduled within the next 7 days), the decision making panel will be making some decisions.  Its for the best if you are in the running for placing in the top 4 that you sort your stuff immediately. 

If this comes down for to the top 3 tourney instead of the top 4, I can tell you that my team is ready to play anyone that is willing to schedule. 

It's supposed to be 4th place plays 1st, 2nd plays 3rd and then winners play right? After that the two losing teams play for 3rd place (Which from my rough estimate will work out to be $33 each, worth playing for in my opinion). If Rawrr and Darkliath can't get around to getting a match in to figure out who plays my team, then we get a bye until you and Zen play?  If Zen can't find Mith then we play you any time after December 8th and before December 20th, when Orcun has his computer fixed. 

December 1, 2010 10:54:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well we were online on last sunday, but cow was missing. This coming sunday should be our next shot. I think mith seems limited to only play on the weekends, when I mostly work. How is sunday looking for you guys?

December 2, 2010 8:48:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zen_God,
well we were online on last sunday, but cow was missing. This coming sunday should be our next shot. I think mith seems limited to only play on the weekends, when I mostly work. How is sunday looking for you guys?

I'm game on Sunday.  If you want to get specific and set a time, let's do that too. 

December 2, 2010 10:10:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sunday will work for me.

December 2, 2010 1:48:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

Quoting Zen_God, reply 906well we were online on last sunday, but cow was missing. This coming sunday should be our next shot. I think mith seems limited to only play on the weekends, when I mostly work. How is sunday looking for you guys?
I'm game on Sunday.  If you want to get specific and set a time, let's do that too. 

Whoa whoa whoa, get specific and set a time?  Lol let's not get carried away now, this is only the LAST STAND tournament we're trying to eventually finish here, no pressure. 

December 2, 2010 2:08:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Whoa whoa whoa, get specific and set a time? Lol let's not get carried away now, this is only the LAST STAND tournament we're trying to eventually finish here, no pressure.

heh...

December 2, 2010 4:31:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ive been really sick the past 5 days but on now.  Rdy to play darks team whenever we are all on.

December 4, 2010 5:41:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well i really don't want to do the sedna, ub, occ combo 6 more times in the finals personally. And i have a feeling most of you don't feel like it either. I mean i had one of the best games against Pacowsoc in the second round but almost all important matches went  with those combos and it got boring. So since it doesn't seem like we are getting to finals very fast, i think it would be nice to decide on another way to held the finals. This might also maybe give a kick to the tourney. 

So here is some ideas on what we could do.

1-Each dg can be picked once for all the rounds. each team plays nine different dgs.

2-Three different dg set up, all mirror matches.Community can decide on what 3 mirrors that should be played. 

3-Two different dg mirror matches,one free for all.

4-One match current tourney rules, one match a mirror, one match FFA.

5-Eliminate dg method: Teams ban dgs for the opponent team. The number can be from 2-4. 

6-we could use another map for one of the matches.

So we could use one these ideas or combine them or you guys will have some ideas too, i am sure.

And a question from me guys: I don't have the DG cd with me,and i am gonna get a new computer in a few days. So is there a way to freely install DG and play with my account? Or do i have to re-buy it on impulse ?

December 4, 2010 6:06:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So is there a way to freely install DG and play with my account?

If you have the game registered in impulse (you do), you can just log in on your new computer as yourself in impulse and you'll be able to download the game from them directly.  No need to repurchase anything. 

edit - and fyi - demigod is registered only to your impulse account... not your pc. So, as long as your impulse account works, you are all set.

December 4, 2010 6:21:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh all right, that sounds pretty easy. Thanks Pacov!

December 4, 2010 7:17:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Orcun-,
Well i really don't want to do the sedna, ub, occ combo 6 more times in the finals personally. And i have a feeling most of you don't feel like it either. I mean i had one of the best games against Pacowsoc in the second round but almost all important matches went  with those combos and it got boring. So since it doesn't seem like we are getting to finals very fast, i think it would be nice to decide on another way to held the finals. This might also maybe give a kick to the tourney. 

1-Each dg can be picked once for all the rounds. each team plays nine different dgs.

2-Three different dg set up, all mirror matches.Community can decide on what 3 mirrors that should be played. 

5-Eliminate dg method: Teams ban dgs for the opponent team. The number can be from 2-4. 

So we could use one these ideas or combine them or you guys will have some ideas too, i am sure.

And a question from me guys: I don't have the DG cd with me,and i am gonna get a new computer in a few days. So is there a way to freely install DG and play with my account? Or do i have to re-buy it on impulse ?

Yea pretty obvious that Sedna-Ub-Occ is overpowered at this point.  I think 2 and 3 are the best ideas, even if it's just for the championship game. 

December 4, 2010 7:29:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-McShane87,

Quoting Orcun-,
reply 912

Yea pretty obvious that Sedna-Ub-Occ is overpowered at this point.  I think 2 and 3 are the best ideas, even if it's just for the championship game. 

I like 2, would love to play some rediculous match ups in the finals.

December 4, 2010 8:33:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well - pitch whatever ideas you have here and we'll finalize in the decision making panel thread and get a vote there. 

December 5, 2010 9:42:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well i am obviously ok with any ideas on the list but i would pick 3 or 1 if i am gonna pick one.

So i guess we first should decide on if we are going to change it and if yes how we are gonna change it. So a voting among the reamining players in the Tourney and the panel  might be good.

I vote yes to change and vote for 1 or 3 off the list.

(my list definitely shouldn't be a limitation for possibilities, it is just what i think is a good way to do it atm)

December 5, 2010 4:55:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I vote yes to change and vote for 1, 2, or 5 (just listed in order.. no preference)

December 11, 2010 6:34:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The semi-finals have begun!

After consideration, we have decided to alter the rules to some degree to hopefully make for more exciting games to watch.

Here are the teams in the final 4:

1. Orcun, McShane, Defender
  2. Soccermom, OMG_Zex, pacov
  3. IamKira, Mith, Zen_God
  4. OMG_jona__/4nana/kalel

The winner of the round robin portion of our tournament was Orcun, McShane, Defender

Here are the rules for the final 4 portion of our tournament.

• All games are best 2 out of 3 elimination.  So, we only have a semi-finals and finals round now. 
  • Whatever team is on light in game 1 will choose from the list of acceptable team combos.
  • Whatever team is on light in game 2 (teams will rotate sides) will choose a different option from the list of acceptable team combos.
  • If there is a game 3, the remaining dg combo must be used.

Here are the combos:

• QoT, erebus, UB
  • Rook-Reg-Erebus
  • Ub, Tb, erebus

team 1 v team 4, team 2 v team 3 = Orcun, McShane, Defender v OMG_jona__/4nana/kalel.  Soccermom, OMG_Zex, pacov v IamKira, Mith, Zen_God

December 12, 2010 11:23:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, we'll just make this quite official, then - and I think its a simple compromise that should keep all parties quite happy.

Teams in the final 4 portion of our tournament will have the option of 1) sticking with the original character selection rules or 2) going with the mirror match selection.  Before teams start their games, they will briefly discuss the option they want to go with.  If the teams do not agree, then they will stick the original demigod selection rules as listed in the rules and registration thread; however, once the teams have agreed on the character selection rules, they will stick with those rules for that match (eg either you stick with the old rules for the best 2 out of 3 or you stick with the mirror match rules for the best 2 out of 3).  These rules apply for both the semi-finals and the finals. 

That should hopefully take care of it. 

The semi finals MUST be completed by Tuesday at midnight (or at least be in progress at that point).  If you make it to the finals, you will be expected to play in the finals no later than Thursday at midnight.  If the games have not taken place by that point, disqualifications will occur.  Disqualifications will be determined based on teams making a logical effort to get their games in.  Hoping you get your game in and not being willing to schedule will result in a disqualification if you do not meet those deadlines.  The easiest way to avoid that is to simply speak with your team and make a post in the scheduling thread based on your availability.  I'd hope to see a little more effort than "we hope everyone is on when we are" because if that is all the effort that is put into it, you will likely be disqualified.  Avoid that by making an effort. 

edit - and just another reminder, all teams MUST use the latest version of uberfix 1.03 for the semi-finals and finals - linky:  http://uberfix.googlecode.com/files/Uberfix%201.03.exe

December 13, 2010 9:41:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

FYI, please get paypal accounts if you don't already have them.

PM me with your information.

Thanks!

j

December 14, 2010 3:39:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please register nnnils as an alternate.

December 22, 2010 7:08:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Still need to sort this last bit...

Participation raffle - 1 player from a team that has completed all of their games in the tournament will be entered into a random drawing after the tournament ends.  That player will receive a prize of $30 as incentive for finishing the tournament.  This money will be taken from the total cash pot before any other money is distributed by percentage.  Any player that has won a cash prize is NOT eligible for the participation raffle.

need to compile list of players that completed their games (should be final 4 teams, dark's team, and who else)?  the team with arkangel on it? 

edit - also, should we include folks that served as alternates in this drawning?  That's fine w me.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.