Starcraft 2 is out

Will you buy it?

By on July 26, 2010 11:42:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

Deliz Seemack

Join Date 04/2007

Starcraft 2 has just been released worldwide. With its' strong predecessor's success, do you think it will attract as many people? Are you planning on buying it?

I was selected as part of the beta and I only completed one game. I will not be buying it. I think I am too old for this. No matter how I try, I know I will never compete for the top spots. The RTS genre is less attractive to me today than it was back in the Starcraft days. That's just me.

What do you think?

Locked Post 162 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 27, 2010 9:43:48 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Well, I was a one of the naysayers. "oh it's just slightly updates SC", or "How the hell can they be doing this and that". After spending some time with it at a friends. OMG! It may actually be worth it. Just fricken awesome from what I've seen. And for someone like me only interested in SP campaign or skirmish, there is already hacks out where you never have to let it online for anything. Win!

July 27, 2010 10:24:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DethAdder,
Well, I was a one of the naysayers. "oh it's just slightly updates SC", or "How the hell can they be doing this and that". After spending some time with it at a friends. OMG! It may actually be worth it. Just fricken awesome from what I've seen. And for someone like me only interested in SP campaign or skirmish, there is already hacks out where you never have to let it online for anything. Win!

If I have to hack a game to enjoy it, or use it reasonably, might as well just skip the purchasing part of it. I had to crack Bioshock to get my legit copy to even work, and since then I've sworn never to buy another product that'd put me in that kind of situation.

I'm glad some people support it, I just wish more people stood up to companies like Activision who are only around to rape your wallets and sell your identity.

July 28, 2010 12:07:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
What problem? A tournament is a tournament. Who cares if it's LAN or not? SC2 beta had a ton of tournaments during the half a year it was up. It's a non-issue.

There is a rather large difference between an online tournament and an offline tournament.  Just ask Blizzard, they use a special version of WoW that is LAN enabled for their World Championship and I believe a similar method is in place for Starcraft II.  Having to run everything through Battle.net automatically killed 90% of the Starcraft Tournaments, because they were played at major LAN events.  We're not talking about Corporate Sponsored events that are funded, we're talking about a small 50 man LAN in some community hall that is organised for fun.  Yes, online Tournaments are entirely capable and on a small scale... as long as you play on Battle.net.  Starcraft succeeded in becoming the poster child for eSports because it was able to played at LANs before eSports even had a name.  That's my point.

Quoting Annatar11,
Are you saying now that people who work hard on their creations should never make a penny? Well, damn. I guess you just told off every Indy developer who can get his stuff approved by the Xbox Live Marketplace, or Steam, or Impulse, as well as app developers for iPhone, Droid, etc.. and even Stardock itself, that takes user created "master" skins/etc built by their tools and allows the users to sell them on Wincustomize.com.

Please point out where I said no one should be allowed to charge for a game, or an application?  Where did I say no one can charge money for access to software?  Nowhere.  If you're going to use a straw man argument, please at least remain semi-focused.

Providing an avenue for players to charge money for access to their custom maps will ensure that any major mods will be pay-to-play.  If Icefrog could have charged a small fee for access to DotA legally, do you think he would've?  He probably would've after tournaments sprung up at the very least. 
My point is that custom content ensures a game's long term survival (Money maps in Starcraft, for example) while the lack of that content can be the death of a game (Demigod).  I'm not saying Starcraft II is going to die off, I'm sure it'll be around for quite a while, what I am saying is that pay-to-play for fan made content isn't going to provoke creativity.  Considering multi-player focused gamers will be buying two more titles at least, it seems Activision's 'charge for everything' mentality is leaking through to set-up what is essentially a micro-transaction system for maps.

Quoting Annatar11,
Like all of these other places, Blizzard provides a platform for individuals to create content. It allows them to sell this content if they choose to make some money for their work...

Please show me where I can legally charge money for an Elemental mod, or set up a monthly fee for a mod for Oblivion?  Please show me where Stardock's user control panel allows me to create a GalCiv II mod and charge for it?

Please take a moment to read, and understand, my posts before you reply.

July 28, 2010 12:11:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bought it - the game is a blast.  Playing in SP now.  Didn't have any issues installing or playing the game.  Pretty sure no one's stolen my identity yet.  I will keep you posted.  If you actually had a problem and aren't talking about other games that have had issues with drm, etc, this is a great thread to post in.  The topic is starcraft - buy it or not.  I can easily, after actually playing the game I'm talking about, see how they can sell expansions to this game.  I'm loving the terran campaign and really am looking forward to future installments of the SP story. It actually seems like the terran campaign is pretty lengthy and something I will likely play through again. 

Also - I wasn't super excited about MP after playing the beta.  I'm guessing that will grow on me.  But I absolutely loved the story from sc1 and they are doing an excellent job with SP in sc2 to make it interesting. 

July 28, 2010 12:14:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cynical_p - i provided some feedback over here on my experience with the game if you are interested.  Overall, I'm really impressed.  http://forums.demigodthegame.com/382335/page/43 - starting at reply 1068

July 28, 2010 1:02:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ironically, I thought CoH and Sins did not move the genre forward at all - in fact, they took a few steps back IMO.

Relatively few RTS games nowadays really break barriers or introduce novel play styles that move the genre forward.

To me, I like those no-micro-workers, squad-based games more not so much because they move the genre forward but because I find the play-style more appealing. I'd rather be the general directing the flow of battle and the position of units than hopping inside each individual soldiers' head or handing units their orders individually in the middle of a war.

So whether they move the genre forward or back or upside down or inside out - my preference is with the Kohan, CoH, Total War RTS's of the world where battles are between squads whose individual members have some semblance of a clue on how to fight without me barking in their virtual ears at every step and without telling workers, yes, walk the 5 steps from where you came out of base and start mining/gathering/harvesting.

July 28, 2010 2:07:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpaghettiMon,

If I have to hack a game to enjoy it, or use it reasonably, might as well just skip the purchasing part of it. I had to crack Bioware to get my legit copy to even work, and since then I've sworn never to buy another product that'd put me in that kind of situation.

I'm glad some people support it, I just wish more people stood up to companies like Activision who are only around to rape your wallets and sell your identity.

Bioware is a developer, not a game. Which of their games are you referring to? I remember having a lot of issues with Knights of the Old Republic, and end up having to get a cracked .exe just for it to start. Although to be fair, this was only in the last year or so, and the issues could be blamed on the incompatibilities of time. But it's still bs, and plenty others seem to manage just fine.

July 28, 2010 2:27:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting davidabc66,

Quoting SpaghettiMon, reply 77
If I have to hack a game to enjoy it, or use it reasonably, might as well just skip the purchasing part of it. I had to crack Bioware to get my legit copy to even work, and since then I've sworn never to buy another product that'd put me in that kind of situation.

Bioware is a developer, not a game. Which of their games are you referring to? I remember having a lot of issues with Knights of the Old Republic, and end up having to get a cracked .exe just for it to start. Although to be fair, this was only in the last year or so, and the issues could be blamed on the incompatibilities of time. But it's still bs, and plenty others seem to manage just fine.

Sorry I meant Bioshock. Was a typo my bad.

July 28, 2010 6:38:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

almost used up my guest pass but so far its been fun as hell though its not a totally revolutionary game though the multilayer is rather great!

July 28, 2010 6:46:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Please show me where I can legally charge money for an Elemental mod, or set up a monthly fee for a mod for Oblivion?  Please show me where Stardock's user control panel allows me to create a GalCiv II mod and charge for it?

Please take a moment to read, and understand, my posts before you reply.

Srsly you're going to ignore his argument and pinpoint some bullshit that you obviously know is a misconstrued meaning derived from his post?  Maybe you don't know that and you're retarded.  Christ, you must be retarded since you JUST mentioned not to use strawman arguments right above that.

Also, how is allowing people to get paid for their work going to reduce creativity?  Your argument on that has already been shown to be false.  People have made some highly inventive apps for phones now, simply because if they make something good enough they're going to get paid!  Crazy concept, money motivating people to create better things.    Rhetorical question btw, I don't really want your feedback as it's probably going to be bullshit anyway.  Just trying to educate a little.

July 28, 2010 7:47:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting VR_IronMana,

To me, I like those no-micro-workers, squad-based games more not so much because they move the genre forward but because I find the play-style more appealing. I'd rather be the general directing the flow of battle and the position of units than hopping inside each individual soldiers' head or handing units their orders individually in the middle of a war.

So whether they move the genre forward or back or upside down or inside out - my preference is with the Kohan, CoH, Total War RTS's of the world where battles are between squads whose individual members have some semblance of a clue on how to fight without me barking in their virtual ears at every step and without telling workers, yes, walk the 5 steps from where you came out of base and start mining/gathering/harvesting.

Definitely a style thing. I find the opposite... or not, depending on my mood.

Being at that lower level with control over everything really puts the onus on the player. Win or lose, there's nothing that wasn't under your control so you were most likely just outplayed. In some games where you don't have the same degree of micromanagement, it starts to feel like you're just sort of directing stuff. Oh my guys beat his guys, but they didn't much need me to do it.

July 28, 2010 8:36:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I love the Medic chick units. They have a tag line from Star Trek Voyager. They do the EMH greeting if you click them enough, and the cars with the Flame Throwers do Beavis and Butthead...LoL. A lot of easter egg sounds in this one to pull out.

July 28, 2010 9:13:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There is a rather large difference between an online tournament and an offline tournament. Just ask Blizzard, they use a special version of WoW that is LAN enabled for their World Championship and I believe a similar method is in place for Starcraft II. Having to run everything through Battle.net automatically killed 90% of the Starcraft Tournaments, because they were played at major LAN events. We're not talking about Corporate Sponsored events that are funded, we're talking about a small 50 man LAN in some community hall that is organised for fun. Yes, online Tournaments are entirely capable and on a small scale... as long as you play on Battle.net. Starcraft succeeded in becoming the poster child for eSports because it was able to played at LANs before eSports even had a name. That's my point.

Irrelevant. Show me data that says running through battle.net kills "90%" of tournaments. Also, you should get some accurate information. "Small scale" for online tournaments? There was a Europe vs Asia tournament that ran for 3 consecutive weekends, definitely small scale right? And, to further show that you don't know what you're talking about:

We will be addressing StarCraft II tournament functionality in a post launch patch to the game, soon after ship. This patch will include features to address the needs of location-based pro tournaments, but we have not discussed any specifics about tournament support beyond that.

http://www.geekosystem.com/star-craft-2-lan-support/

But wait, let me guess, your next argument is "Oh but it should be at launch! How dare they not include it and only *now* think about doing it!" Right?

Please point out where I said no one should be allowed to charge for a game, or an application? Where did I say no one can charge money for access to software? Nowhere. If you're going to use a straw man argument, please at least remain semi-focused.

Providing an avenue for players to charge money for access to their custom maps will ensure that any major mods will be pay-to-play. If Icefrog could have charged a small fee for access to DotA legally, do you think he would've? He probably would've after tournaments sprung up at the very least.

My point is that custom content ensures a game's long term survival (Money maps in Starcraft, for example) while the lack of that content can be the death of a game (Demigod). I'm not saying Starcraft II is going to die off, I'm sure it'll be around for quite a while, what I am saying is that pay-to-play for fan made content isn't going to provoke creativity. Considering multi-player focused gamers will be buying two more titles at least, it seems Activision's 'charge for everything' mentality is leaking through to set-up what is essentially a micro-transaction system for maps.

You're the one using a straw man argument. You complained about Blizzard providing a platform for users to sell their created works with approval. I pointed out that it exists everywhere, and that you're a hypocrite for complaining about Blizzard's method, but not everyone else's. That still stands. Not to mention you're flat out wrong. The ability for people to make some money from high-level mods *encourages* people to make high-level mods, not discourages.

Please show me where I can legally charge money for an Elemental mod, or set up a monthly fee for a mod for Oblivion? Please show me where Stardock's user control panel allows me to create a GalCiv II mod and charge for it?

How is this relevant? I showed you Stardock's platform - Wincustomize.com. Or are you saying now that it's okay for users to sell their desktop skins after months of work with Stardock's tools through Wincustomize, but not okay for users to sell their mods after months of work with Blizzard's tools through battle.net? Seems to me the difference is you don't really care for desktop customization much so you don't care if people charge for them or not (and probably "support" it 'cause they put effort into it, right?) but as soon as the same comes up with a mod that takes at least as much effort, it's suddenly Very Bad? Please.

July 28, 2010 3:15:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tridus,

Being at that lower level with control over everything really puts the onus on the player. Win or lose, there's nothing that wasn't under your control so you were most likely just outplayed. In some games where you don't have the same degree of micromanagement, it starts to feel like you're just sort of directing stuff. Oh my guys beat his guys, but they didn't much need me to do it.

While there are merits to both styles, I don't really see how you can play a 1v1 of Company of Heroes and not fault yourself for any loss.  Just because you can't manually control every single soldier, doesn't mean poor positioning of your troops is the AIs fault.  You still have to micro squads during close battles if you want to win, and high-micro manoeuvres like kiting still exist and play a role in battles.

But this isn't what myself and others meant when we say SC2 is badly outdated.  It's Blizzard's engine that is still laughably outdated by any RTS standard; positioning doesn't matter beyond fighting on top of a ramp, there's no cover system, units can't move and fire (something that even the first C&C could do), units can't fire more than one weapon type at the same time (something that Total Annihilation did 10 years ago), air units don't act anything like air units and are simply ground units with no terrain restrictions, etc.  Keep the heavy micro-based gameplay, and old school economy system if you must, but the it's time to move on with that other stuff.  It's one thing with swords and arrows, but there's no good reason why modern weaponry can't be fired on the move; other than lazy developers who didn't feel like coding an accuracy system.

July 28, 2010 3:51:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Let's compare our APMs everybody!

July 28, 2010 4:07:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting lbgsloan,

units can't move and fire (something that even the first C&C could do)

There's a unit in the campaign that can do that. So it's not an engine limitation.

July 28, 2010 5:11:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tridus,

Quoting lbgsloan, reply 89
units can't move and fire (something that even the first C&C could do)
There's a unit in the campaign that can do that. So it's not an engine limitation.

Yea, everything he complains about is a consciousness choice to keep Starcraft 2 game play similar to the original.

Blizzard said they implemented a cover system to try it out during alpha and it really took away from the back and forth action that makes SC exciting.

Also, position is incredibly important, just not in a sense forced by the engine. Facing a Terran mech player is won and lost on position(by both sides). People call mech OP because they don't understand how important position is.

July 28, 2010 6:22:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah. Honestly I'm growing to hate cover in shooters. It's gotten to the point where the whole game consists of conveniently located things to hide behind and playing whack a mole. RTS is less bad for that, but you really don't need cover to make a fun game. Sins had nothing like that and it worked pretty well as a game.

July 29, 2010 10:43:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tridus,

Quoting CyrusNunn,
reply 60

Quoting 4Nana, reply 59Done.  You should go ahead and quit bitching about needing the internet in this day and age.

You do not appear to have more of a clue than last time.  Here's a small one: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/07/ubisoft-drm-authentification-server-is-down-assassins-creed-2/

Fail comparison is fail. There's one minor detail that completely destroys your entire point: the SC 2 single player modes work without Internet access.

In fact, I just did it to prove that I could.

God, the misinformation around here sometimes is just pathetic.

If Ubisoft were a book publisher, they'd be saying "You have to check in with us every time you turn a page."  If Blizzard were a book publisher, they'd be saying, "You have to check in with us every time you take the book off the shelf."  It's the exact same issue, merely a question of degree.

July 29, 2010 11:07:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The use of the term "retarded" in regards to another poster should be grounds for immediate Banning.

July 29, 2010 1:06:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
Irrelevant. Show me data that says running through battle.net kills "90%" of tournaments. Also, you should get some accurate information. "Small scale" for online tournaments? There was a Europe vs Asia tournament that ran for 3 consecutive weekends, definitely small scale right?

Sorry, I didn't word my previous post correctly.  I wasn't saying that only small scale tournaments would be possible, I was attempting to say that small scale tournaments are possible over Battle.net as well as large scale funded tournaments.  The issue comes with the fact that needing internet access to have a little 8 man to 32 man tournament, the kind that would take place over a day at a LAN, makes things needlessly complicated, and removes the 'Tournament' conditions. 
Keep in mind that Starcraft is one of the most played LAN games of all time.  Honestly, take a look at the Program for any LAN event, and you'll most likely see Starcraft on there.  Most fan organised events, these are the zero funding, grass roots 'Tournaments' do not have internet access.  Attempting to organise such an event is now far more complicated than just 'show up, bring PC' and issues like lag come into play, when in a tournament situation there should never be lag of any kind.  All Stacraft II tournaments - not meet online events, I mean actual, face to face, real life tournaments - will require Blizzard approval to have the Starcraft II LAN edition present.

Quoting Annatar11,
We will be addressing StarCraft II tournament functionality in a post launch patch to the game, soon after ship. This patch will include features to address the needs of location-based pro tournaments, but we have not discussed any specifics about tournament support beyond that.
http://www.geekosystem.com/star-craft-2-lan-support/
But wait, let me guess, your next argument is "Oh but it should be at launch! How dare they not include it and only *now* think about doing it!" Right?

The LAN support will most likely still require an open internet connection to authenticate the players involved.  The game is literally hard coded to remove offline support - hence why the game's custom maps are not available to pirates.  Patching in true LAN support is highly unlikely as it would provide the necessary modifications for a private multiplayer community to spring up, much like in Modern Warfare 2 and World of Warcraft.
As for whether or not such things should have been included at retail, I'll let the facts speak for themselves.  Stacraft is the
eSport title.  It is played around the world at major LAN Tournament events every month.  It has stayed relevant due to it's multiplayer component's Tournamanets, made possibly thanks entirely to LAN support.  Starcraft II, and Battle.net 2.0 by extension, was designed to promote a competitive multiplayer environment from the ground up.  Starcraft II's budget exceeded US$100,000,000.00, the only other game to do so is Grand Theft Auto IV, and it's development time stretched to a massive 7 full years of active development.  The game received a large scale, multiplayer only BETA, and places were so sought after that registration keys to the BETA were sold on eBay for US$500.00.  The retail game is sold for US$60.00 in America and US$80.00 is most other regions.
Do you think built in clan support, tournament support and LAN play at retail is asking too much given that the previous title in the series was released with one of those three missing elements some 11 years ago?

Quoting Annatar11,
You're the one using a straw man argument. You complained about Blizzard providing a platform for users to sell their created works with approval. I pointed out that it exists everywhere, and that you're a hypocrite for complaining about Blizzard's method, but not everyone else's. That still stands. Not to mention you're flat out wrong. The ability for people to make some money from high-level mods *encourages* people to make high-level mods, not discourages.

As I pointed out, custom maps are not applications or games.  They are custom maps at the least, mods at the best.  As I asked, please show me somewhere else where I can make a map for a Real Time Strategy game - not an application, not third party software, but a simple map - or a modification for any other game and have been provided by the developers of that game with a legal avenue for charging for access to it?

Paying map makers to make professional level maps is what would be called a high risk business venture in terms of the probability of achieving a large profit margin.  Instead of having their own people make maps to generate a steady stream of income, Blizzard have out-sourced this element to the community.  Why pay people to make maps to, in turn, generate a profit when you can get people to do it for free and still make a sizeable profit?  If I am multiplayer focused and wish to keep up with the communtiy, I'll have to purchase that content.  This forces the hands of the players who wish to participate in the community to pay for each new map that enters the rotation.

As for the charging of fan made content being a catalyst for greater quality of said content, has the lack of such incentives been a catalyst for poor content in the past?  Will suddenly adding price tags to the 'good' content make that content better?  From a simple 'Pros and Cons' stand point, it'll actually have the opposite effect.  What was 'good' will now be mrely 'ok' because it's no longer a free addon to expand your game, and what was merely 'meh' will become 'ok' simply because it's free.

Quoting Annatar11,
How is this relevant? I showed you Stardock's platform - Wincustomize.com. Or are you saying now that it's okay for users to sell their desktop skins after months of work with Stardock's tools through Wincustomize, but not okay for users to sell their mods after months of work with Blizzard's tools through battle.net? Seems to me the difference is you don't really care for desktop customization much so you don't care if people charge for them or not (and probably "support" it 'cause they put effort into it, right?) but as soon as the same comes up with a mod that takes at least as much effort, it's suddenly Very Bad? Please.

You showed a platform that allows people to charge for the large scale modification of the visual presentation for the platform on which the user operates their computer, of which the end purchase result is based on how much a person likes the visual theme.
You then compared that to a custom map for a video game.  Ignoring the obvious differences between the two, I said please show me another company that allows users to legally charge for maps or mods for a video game.  Sorry, I meant to say the good mods.  The bad stuff, they can have that shit for free.  Is the effort someone will pour into what Blizzard considers a 'bad' map is quite different from the effort put into a map or mod that Blizzard knows will make them money?  No, so don't try to take the high road.  A simple map for Starcraft II that was laboured over by a user for weeks, determining choke points and gameplay flow?  Pfft, one of a million, throw to the crowd for free.  A simple map that uses basic scripts to create a Last Man Standing variation that was completed in a day?  Might attract some fans, better charge for it to make sure they make something off of it.  Quality doesn't enter the picture: it's all about bankability, and that doesn't bode well for the community at large.

Do I like that custom maps can now be charged for, when it's those same custom maps that allow multiplayer titles to remain as viable as it has over the years?  No, and I won't dress it up.  I believe fan made content for games should always be free.  Would DotA or Counter-Strike be as popular today if the mods cost money to play?  Instead of just jumping in and trying it, it's now a calculated risk on the part of the end user.  This is not the same as constructed software like Ventrilo or Hamachi or iPhone Apps, or making an entirely new game, so please don't try that argument again.  Making a Mod for Starcraft II takes effort, sure, however this isn't hard coding an entire graphics engine and game that requires specalised knowledge.  Activision Blizzard has seen how popular a mod can be.  Instead of relying on that popularity to sell copies of their game, they've decided that since Starcraft II is going to drive it's own sales, charging for the 'good' Mods as they're released is far more profitable.  Keeping the content free keeps the community open and encourages community interaction, growth and natural evolution.  Then again, since the community is segmented to the point of being restricted to geographical forums, the removal of chat channels, the removal of cross region play (SEA is an exception due to the backlash experienced received from AU and NZ players), the restriction of user profiles and the restriction of User Made Content to the region it was made in (obviously for legal reasons and enforcing regional pricing) perhaps a segmented, stagnated community is what Blizzard is hoping for - makes over priced expansion packs seem more attractive.

July 29, 2010 1:17:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think a show of hands is in order here.

"Who would PAY real money for a player made Map, created on a Free in game Map Creator Tool?" 

July 29, 2010 1:21:26 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting John_Hughes,
I think a show of hands is in order here.

"Who would PAY real money for a player made Map, created on a Free in game Map Creator Tool?" 

Depends enterily about how quality the map is.

I mean, what if an author wrote a book with a set of free pens? Is his work suddenly worthless?

Personally though, I don't really need to buy maps since im not korean.

July 29, 2010 1:27:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Aractain,

Personally though, I don't really need to buy maps since im not korean.

RofL...nice. Too bad they'll probably end up charging everyone for Map Packs though no matter what country they're from.

July 29, 2010 1:32:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You know, Blizzard had the golden opportunity here to end the threat of North Korea nuking everyone and they didn't take it. All they would have had to do was "accidentally" send all of South Korea's copies of SC 2 to North Korea, then tell the South Koreans that if they wanted their copies of SC 2 they'd have to kill the North Koreans to get them. It would take about 48 hours for the South Koreans to Zerg Rush the North and take it over...LoL.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000329   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.