The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

interface trouble - how do i fill my skill bar?

By on July 16, 2010 1:35:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't beat me, but i'm a newbie, and i can't for the life of me figure out how to get a skill that i bought into my skill bar. I have tried various ways of dragging, shift-, alt- and ctrl-clicking, shiftclicking while holding a number key down, but haven't had any success so far. Browsed the forum for a bit, but didn't find anything yet. Any help?

0 Karma | 9 Replies
July 16, 2010 2:12:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok so youve bought the ability then all you do is left click on the ability in the bar then left click the target if the target is in range and thats all you have to do

July 16, 2010 7:15:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Huh. I'm at work right now so i can't test it, but i'm a bit confused now. The skill bar, iirc. has 4 slots. Indeed some of the buyable skills are preassigned to those slots, so if i buy those, i can use them. But every DG has 10 or so skills. Some are not on the slots. I DID notice that some of them are passive, but are there only 4 active skills per DG? For example, when i was playing demon assassin, i bought some sort of healing skill (lower part  of the page) and i don't think it was a passive skill, but it wasn't on the 4 slots either. But there's a possibility that i misread it.

July 16, 2010 7:26:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK, you purchase a skill.

Certain skills are passive, meaning you cannot activate them. Sedna's healing wind for example automatically grants health per second to every allied unit in range. Regulus' sniper scope ability increases his range, and there is nothing you need to do.

There are 8 "normal" demigods who have 4 activateable abilities. Using these abilities is relatively easy. Most require you to choose a target after clickng them (fireball, penitence, pounce) but some just go off like surge of faith or circle of flames or fire nova etc.

The other 2 have form switching, 3 abilities in mode 1, 3 more in mode 2 

July 16, 2010 8:03:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I see. So there is no need to define the skill bar. And the demon hunter is probably one of the form switchers, since he's not in the manual and was, i believe, added after i updated the game. Which could explain why i couldn't access that skill because maybe it was the wrong form (or maybe it WAS passive).

ty both

July 16, 2010 10:14:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

demon assasin has only one form he only has 4 active abilitys the rest are passive

July 16, 2010 12:01:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, i found out. I'm home now and i do feel rather stupid. The "heal" was in fact the increase in health, the one that apparently every demigod has ^^;

July 16, 2010 12:12:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Don't feel bad man. I felt sort of the same way when I first got the game. I was pretty puzzled that I only had 4 abilities...

July 16, 2010 12:41:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

are you talking about the consumable slots? you can buy various things from the shop like potions and teleport scrolls and they will show up in the UI than you just click the slot to use it.

July 16, 2010 3:17:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, it wasn't about the consumables, but about the ability tree.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.