The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Noob Question - Rook's tower attacks - do they proc things like nature's reckoning?

By on June 1, 2010 8:28:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know that it procs (or used to proc) Narmoths Ring, but what about other weapon procs?

0 Karma | 33 Replies
June 5, 2010 2:54:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, ST Rook, new guy, got it.

June 5, 2010 4:00:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  • Boulder Roll is a projectile.
  • Projectiles do damage BEFORE they do knockback.
  • Units killed by knockback do not give mana, you don't do damage.
  • Units hit by the boulder do give mana, even if they are killed by the knockback because it damage occurs before the knockback.
  • The mana cost  for Boulder Roll is paid as the boulder is launched.

Edited with further content

June 5, 2010 4:10:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,

Additionally, you don't tend to boulder roll a creep wave of only archers and warriors, so it doesn't come up as much.
Summary; Knockback on Minotaur warriors and archers = no mana for Blade of the Serpent

Lies!   I do it all the time because 2 helms = I do what I want! I don't usually go BotS though.

Boulder roll I does 200 damage to 5 minotaurs and for 560 mana. You don't kill the minotaur reinforcements until level 3, and you still wont if they upgrade creep armor, so you'll only kill the archers. I'm not sure but it seems like you net A LOT MORE than 190 mana when you boulder roll a creep wave. I might test this, I'm kind of bored.

OK I tested it real quick and using boulder roll on a creep wave isn't really that good with bots until they upgrade creeps. it's still a good way to kill creeps when killing a tower if you have enough mana.

June 5, 2010 4:14:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've watched Soccer-Mom get full mana from a nicely placed Boulder Roll on a group of creeps.

I'm pretty sure damage still gets applied when there is a knockback. Fire Nova wouldn't give any back at all until cats if that was true.

June 5, 2010 4:31:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It depends on the ability. If knockback occurs before the damage, then you don't get mana because no damage occurs. I'm guessing that most abilities are coded to do damage before the knockback. However Slam doesn't seem to be code this way.

• Boulder Roll is a projectile.
  • Projectiles do damage BEFORE they do knockback.
  • Units killed by knockback do not give mana, you don't do damage.
  • Units hit by the boulder do give mana, even if they are killed by the knockback because it damage occurs before the knockback.
  • The mana cost  for Boulder Roll is paid as the boulder is launched.
June 5, 2010 6:22:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kalel uses bots with rook and he is in the finals now in the tourney

June 5, 2010 6:29:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for doing the research, Ptarth. So nice to have you around. +1

June 5, 2010 6:29:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So does Jona. I think staff is the best because all of Rook's abilities have long (ish) cooldowns and need to be spammed to make rook effective. That extra boulder roll or hammer slam can be the difference between capturing a portal and getting 3 kills or losing both of your portals and getting 3 deaths. Early game, it seems, BotS helps rook a lot because he just can't be pushed out with all his mana. But, most of the time if you go blood you won't get pushed out until you need to shop to buy a mana helm. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.