The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Noob Question - Rook's tower attacks - do they proc things like nature's reckoning?

By on June 1, 2010 8:28:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know that it procs (or used to proc) Narmoths Ring, but what about other weapon procs?

+1 Karma | 33 Replies
June 1, 2010 8:47:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

towers don't affect either of these.  It would be too awesome if they proc'd nature's reckoning lol.

June 1, 2010 8:54:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook's towers work with nothing really. They don't even work with Blade of the Serpent. Thankfully though, armor of vengeance doesn't work with towers or rook's archer towers. Black Hat Hedgehog (A.K.A - Awufflablehedgie) knows all of this because he's tested everything possible in the game.

June 2, 2010 5:52:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry, what i meant was his arrow/light/treb tower

June 2, 2010 7:28:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh, no lol . They fire 12 arrows per second. Every proc in the game would go off constantly. Only true auto attacks can cause procs, which makes the Rook possibly the worst character for things like nature's reckoning. (Slow attack speed, it won't happen very often)

June 2, 2010 5:46:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh, no lol . They fire 12 arrows per second. Every proc in the game would go off constantly. Only true auto attacks can cause procs, which makes the Rook possibly the worst character for things like nature's reckoning. (Slow attack speed, it won't happen very often)

Actually, the arrows do trigger lifesteal if I'm not mistaken

June 2, 2010 6:09:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

Actually, the arrows do trigger lifesteal if I'm not mistaken

You are 100% correct.

June 2, 2010 9:12:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lifesteal isn't a proc though. 

June 2, 2010 9:16:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're a proc.

June 3, 2010 2:35:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
You're a proc.

Yes I am. You're a racist for calling me one though.

June 3, 2010 2:36:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Proc isn't a race, it's a state of mind.

June 3, 2010 2:45:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
Proc isn't a race, it's a state of mind.

How dare you deny my heritage? My people fight in your wars, cook your meals,  haul your trash, connect your calls, drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us.  

June 3, 2010 2:47:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didn't realize Proc meant Fight Club. I guess I need to watch that again. Science knows the 2nd time watching was totally different.

June 3, 2010 3:04:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You broke the first and second rules!

Quoting OMG_Teseer,
Science knows the 2nd time watching was totally different.

Oh, and I'm guessing you're an atheist lol

June 3, 2010 3:15:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Science DAMNIT! You found me out.

June 3, 2010 6:52:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pfft.. another reason why science sucks.  L2-one-syllable

June 3, 2010 6:53:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Go pray to your Flying Spaghetti Monster

June 3, 2010 9:56:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Splitshadow,
Rook's towers work with nothing really. They don't even work with Blade of the Serpent. Thankfully though, armor of vengeance doesn't work with towers or rook's archer towers. Black Hat Hedgehog (A.K.A - Awufflablehedgie) knows all of this because he's tested everything possible in the game.

They do proc other peoples' journeyman treads, however, as well as Vinling helmet. 

June 3, 2010 10:01:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_BlackHatHedgehog,

They do proc other peoples' journeyman treads, however, as well as Vinling helmet. 

/* Tone indicating a lack of surprise at the depth of hedgie's Demiknowledge, said with a chuckle */

Haha, of course they do. 

June 4, 2010 9:55:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a total noob question, and one I should know the answer to, but...

I was using BotS the other day with Rook, and it didn't seem to do anything with Hammerslam. I thought that worked? I was only using level 1 HS, but I was hitting a whole wave of creeps. Shouldn't I net some mana?

June 4, 2010 4:42:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It does. It may be that the cost of the slam was about the same as 75% of the total damage you caused.

Hammer slam I deals 500 damage in a small area and 100 damage in a larger area  for 360 mana

If you only hit one target directly with hammer slam I, you gain 15 mana.

If you partially miss five targets with hammer slam I, you also gain 15 mana.

One of 3 things happened.

1. You didn't hit many targets
  2. You didn't get a direct hit
  3. The buff wore off before you landed the hit.

June 4, 2010 5:13:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Splitshadow,
It does. It may be that the cost of the slam was about the same as 75% of the total damage you caused.

Hammer slam I deals 500 damage in a small area and 100 damage in a larger area  for 360 mana

If you only hit one target directly with hammer slam I, you gain 15 mana.

If you partially miss five targets with hammer slam I, you also gain 15 mana.

One of 3 things happened.

You didn't hit many targets
You didn't get a direct hit
The buff wore off before you landed the hit.

Weird. I was just testing it again and it still didn't seem to work. I'll take your word for it. Thanks.

That said, is it possible to make a viable Tower Rook that goes BotS? I've always used SoR or BotF. If you go that route, how do you balance towers, shoulders and slam? Rook is always oom until he gets towers IV. It would be nice to have infinite mana and stack all armor too. Does HS II net enough mana on a creep wave to fill your mana bar up till level 10?

June 4, 2010 5:19:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've seen Soccer with some epic boulder rolls to full mana.

June 4, 2010 5:27:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tower rook is redundant. All rook builds use towers. Yes, it can be done, but it isn't nearly as effective as BotS TB.

June 5, 2010 2:35:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I did some testing.

1. The damage for Hammer Slam occurs before the mana cost is deducted. This means that if you do enough damage to fill your mana bar your end mana will be at your max mana minus the cost of the hammer slam.

Example:
You hammer slam for 1 million damage, your max mana is 5000 and your hammer slam ability costs 2000 mana. After the hammer slam you will have 3000 mana (5000 max-2000 slam cost).

2. Knock back deaths deal no damage and therefore no mana gain.

If you kill 1 million things with knockback, you will gain no mana. Units that can be killed via knockback are archers and soldier reinforcements.

3. Hammer Slam deals a knock back (or metaimpact event) first, then follows up with the damage attacks. This means that all warriors and archers you hit with the center of the blast will be killed via knockback. Only those units outside the knockback zone and within the AOE zone will end up giving mana.

4. Structural Transfer gives mana when used with the blade of serpents buff.

June 5, 2010 2:39:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Boulder roll works 100% efficiently though, right?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.