PC Gamer Magazine for just $5

By on May 31, 2010 10:17:57 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+755

This is probably my favorite print magazine, and Amazon has a special sale for a one-year subscription for just $5.  I renewed my sub with it, and I wanted to share this great deal with all the gamers out there.

PC Gamer (1-year)

61klazS2oTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Locked Post 7 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 31, 2010 10:39:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They're still alive?  It stopped appearing on store shelves around here about 6 months ago, so I assumed they had finally given up.  I liked them as they had an anti-DRM stance, but I still don't really understand why they haven't given up and moved entirely online.  It's like the CCG magazines; I can get more up to date information online, and I can get differing views on that information.  Reviews for products that are often a month or two old by the time the magazine hits the shelves is not worth paying for.

May 31, 2010 12:07:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'd easily subscribe if I still lived in the US. I enjoy having print articles, even though sometimes the information is old by internet standards.

May 31, 2010 1:16:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have a stack of PC gamer magazines in the corner of my computer room. The bottom ones are from 1996 and each issue is close to 1/2 inch thick. The top issue is October 2009 and maybe 1/8 inch thick. At least half of it is full page adds. Ehh, maybe its worth $5 per year...

May 31, 2010 3:09:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Always enjoyed reading the mag. For that deal, too bad they don't ship to Canada..

nice find though Island Dog.

May 31, 2010 4:19:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I still get copies of PC Gamer. I think I started subscribing in late 98... If you wait till the last min on subscribing you can get it dirt cheap.

June 1, 2010 11:22:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah that brings back memories, they stopped appearing in stores around my home like 3 or 4 years ago!

June 1, 2010 11:50:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good deal - I picked this up.  Thanks for posting!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.