The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Forums go Boom every time I try to post!

By on May 26, 2010 4:11:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

pigeonpigeon

Join Date 11/2008
+71

Has anyone else been having this problem lately? At least half the time I try to post, the forums go Boom and my post is eaten. And it's periodic; for example, I've tried to post something like 5 times in the past 10 minutes but it won't work. But I posted something earlier in the day and it worked just fine, but the day before I couldn't post anything either.

Also, if this post works, I will cry.

Locked Post 566 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 26, 2010 4:39:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok, it's official. The forums hate me.

May 26, 2010 4:39:06 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

[attempt 2]

Your not alone...took me 6 tries and 2 browsers to post something. And replying to a post is just as frustrating. All I can say is.....Egads! Forums go boom!

May 26, 2010 4:49:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Been there too many times...

May 26, 2010 5:15:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No way I'm suffering endless Egads again. Time to leave the forums (from a posting point of view) for a few weeks (sorry, Bara ).

May 26, 2010 5:17:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No way I'm suffering endless Egads again. Time to leave the forums (from a posting point of view) for a few weeks (sorry, Bara ).

May 26, 2010 5:17:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same here.  I bet Bara fogot to feed the sever-powering 'Mice on running wheels' again.

May 26, 2010 5:19:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've tried to post something like 5 times in the past 10 minutes but it won't work. But I posted something earlier in the day and it worked just fine,

yep 1/2 doz times for me last night....thought they might be doing updates or something...

and very often when it's successful...can take minutes to show up....

May 26, 2010 6:12:02 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

The SD folks were all so bereft over the "Lost" finale that they needed extensive counseling. Give it a few days (and some Prozac) and things will be back to normal.

May 26, 2010 7:05:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

With a name like pidgeon what do you expect

May 26, 2010 7:43:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Test

May 26, 2010 7:53:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

With a name like pidgeon what do you expect   

yeah...but he ain't no birdbrain....

May 26, 2010 10:53:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Great one, sydneysiders!  Priceless!!

May 26, 2010 10:55:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I actually got one of the Egads!-bombs just yesterday. I wouldn't call it "frequent" but it just wouldn't stop and was very distressing. I think I need counsling.

Where's the "the Forums hate me" support group? ;__;

May 26, 2010 10:58:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Where's the "the Forums hate me" support group?

Down teh pub.

Your shout....

May 26, 2010 11:15:14 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Seems to me like there's some sort of weather going on. I've had long stretches where pretty much every other thing I tried to post went boom a time or three, but I've had no booms at all recently. Some really sluggish processing, but no booms.

Now we see if gremlins are involved and reading the typing in real-time...

May 26, 2010 11:41:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Early morning UK time the forum is totally unpostable to.

I usually click on the forum here, then go browse several other sites while the page loads. Despite any cosmetic changes, the site has been slow for the last eight years and will be slow for the next eight years. Just take it for what it is.

Don't forget to habitually select all text then ctl c before clicking 'post reply'

May 26, 2010 12:00:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Don't forget to habitually select all text then ctl c before clicking 'post reply' 

yeah...I do that.....but now....when you paste....all the formatting is lost........   ...never used to do that...

May 26, 2010 12:09:38 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

For quite a while now, using the Back command in FireFox worked when I forgot to copy before posting and I mostly use it as my workaround now.

The trick there is knowing to put the tab in the background, ignore it for a while, check recent posts to see if you actually posted even though you got a Boom message, and then try posting again if it looks like your Boom wasn't one of the ones that invites double posts.

May 26, 2010 1:39:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

Needed with Microsoft Internet Explorer but with Firefox, i simply need to click "<-" and i am back to the reply page with my text intact !!!

May 26, 2010 1:47:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ya, sometimes when it goes boom, I just keep pressing refresh, and hope for a double (perhaps a triple post) but now that you can edit and say double post (even triple post and everyone will see it...), at least I won't lose my train of though when I first originally posted the comment

lol kinda ironic when I first tried to post this comment, the fourms when boom on me

May 26, 2010 1:52:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Down teh pub.

Your shout....
We don't haaaavee a pub here.

May 26, 2010 2:07:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

usually click on the forum here, then go browse several other sites while the page loads. Despite any cosmetic changes, the site has been slow for the last eight years and will be slow for the next eight years. Just take it for what it is.

What makes me wonder, why Neowin forums run so smooth. They are on Stardock servers also. Just they have good forum software and nothing totally 'selfmade'...

May 26, 2010 2:38:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It just happened to me trying to create a new thread in Support. How TF are you supposed to create a new thread?

May 26, 2010 3:34:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Tried to post on the current Elemental news topic and its eaten three or four of my posts, probably eat this one too...

May 26, 2010 3:35:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
It just happened to me trying to create a new thread in Support. How TF are you supposed to create a new thread?

Your avatar is too awesome to allow it.

Yeah, I've been having this problem as well. I think the only thing to do is ride it out, sadly.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000360   Page Render Time: