Huge crucible exploit, highly recommend you watch.

By on May 10, 2010 5:06:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Koush

Join Date 05/2009
+8

Sheesh, this is a huge exploit I wasn't even aware of until today, even if you don't tend to watch replays, watch this replay.

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=124108

Starts off a pretty standard match, he almost got an early kill, no real big deal. I got some flow in my rhythm, start pushing, yellowing you name it. Then I pretty much did all I needed, to secure a victory, or so I thought. The whole time he was asking me how to improve and stuff like that, I was telling him things trying to boast up his confidence. I was at his portals just wasting time till my catas finished the job, but then I noticed something, and that is what this has all been leading up too.

Enjoy.

Locked Post 40 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 11, 2010 2:10:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I remember awhile back someone found that one of the gauntlets had hidden 5% speed increase which i use anytime i do a damage build early game now.

I don't recall this.  Which gauntlet is it?  None of them report a speed increase so it must really be hidden or it's something else.

May 11, 2010 2:36:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just wondering, since I can't tell what are really exploits OBVIOUSLY. When the enemy picks a general characters, cloaks into middle, quickly grabs gold mine and cooldown flag, is that an exploit? What about if you are attacking an assassin, and instead of running all the way back into your base while having an assassin chase after you, you cloak into your own base, is that an exploit? Or does the exploit just come in when you are portal grabbing with spells like Oculus and Vamp? The answer better be all the above are exploits otherwise you guys are just confusing me.

May 11, 2010 2:39:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I don't recall this. Which gauntlet is it? None of them report a speed increase so it must really be hidden or it's something else

nah - pretty sure its real.  I think morpheus found it quite some time ago.  It's in the code for 1 of the first 2 gloves (cheapest i think)... i think its the one that does +25 damage... I'll look it up if I remember later today and see if I'm just talking a bunch of crap of if its in the code. 

May 11, 2010 3:24:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Boxxy_Koush,
Just wondering, since I can't tell what are really exploits OBVIOUSLY. When the enemy picks a general characters, cloaks into middle, quickly grabs gold mine and cooldown flag, is that an exploit? What about if you are attacking an assassin, and instead of running all the way back into your base while having an assassin chase after you, you cloak into your own base, is that an exploit? Or does the exploit just come in when you are portal grabbing with spells like Oculus and Vamp? The answer better be all the above are exploits otherwise you guys are just confusing me.

Idk I used to think those were all cheap, exploiting tactics.  But.. now with occulus, that's 2 generals that can do that with ease.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses.. erebus can mist when he does it and he doesn't have to pick cloak to do it successfully.. occulus has the chain to get down towers.. w/e.  Plus any other general can get cloak.

It's possible to counter with more than 1 character, and the map was made with that short range there.  I think it's intentional that you can jump over it even with cloak / warpstone.  Just another tactic.

May 11, 2010 4:46:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gauntlets of Despair

• Tooltip: 15% chance to drain 300 mana from target.

Actual effects:

• 8% Attack speed buff (Shows up as 7%, not sure why, I'm assuming it is just rounding)
  • +350 Max Energy
  • 15% chance for a melee attack to drain 300 mana from target.
  • 10% change for a ranged attack to drain 300 mana from target.
  • Mana drained is not given to the wielder of the Gauntlets of Despair.
  • Drain means the target loses the mana. No one gets it.

May 11, 2010 4:46:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RAWRRRR,

It's possible to counter with more than 1 character, and the map was made with that short range there.  I think it's intentional that you can jump over it even with cloak / warpstone.  Just another tactic.

See, that is what I think. But some sure are having a field day deciding what is and isn't an exploit, being very black and white.

• Mana drained is not given to the wielder of the Gauntlets of Despair.

Woah, thanks for that ptarth.  I don't really get the last line though...If mana drained is not given to the wielder, then to who?

May 11, 2010 5:07:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They send it to me. Part of the deal with the UberFix is that I get all of the mana that is drained by the Gauntlets of Despair. That's one of the reason hedgie is so upset about it. He wants a cut of the action, but he isn't tall enough, so he doesn't get any.

It just removes the mana, no one gets it.

May 11, 2010 5:37:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gauntlets of Despair

* Tooltip: 15% chance to drain 300 mana from target.

Actual effects:

* 8% Attack speed buff (Shows up as 7%, not sure why, I'm assuming it is just rounding)
* +350 Max Energy
* 15% chance for a melee attack to drain 300 mana from target.
* 10% change for a ranged attack to drain 300 mana from target.
* Mana drained is not given to the wielder of the Gauntlets of Despair.
* Drain means the target loses the mana. No one gets it.

Ah - that's what it was.  Thanks for saving me the time of digging around.  +1

May 11, 2010 5:37:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG this thomas guy joins my 1v1 , asks for a 1v1 map, I change to prison but he wont play there because it says 3v3 on the description, so I fall for his trap and change it to crucible, I almost kill him like 10 times then he lives once with like 200 hp and I just ragequit lol cause all he does all game is troll me with shield and souls. Technically he wins and everything but I would still consider what he does an exploit because the citadel is so lightly guarded in crucible.

May 11, 2010 5:41:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just pick an occulus, one chain lightning and blastoff would kill off all those things.

It used to be a classic gL tactic.

May 11, 2010 8:47:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apparently Dark_Satana just showed you how to win. Didn't watch either though.

May 12, 2010 6:38:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I feel a bit guilty, cos i think i'm the one who showed this tactic to thomas It is a race against time, when oak hit lvl 10 than he can start demolishing of archer towers and than citadel ( at this point fs2 is "must have" ). From what i remember thomas is not a good oak and not a good player (at least not at 1vs1). So, to counter him you need another oak or you just need to do what Satana have done. Take a ereb or cloak occ, make sure you get some kills to have gold advantage. Dont buy any creeps or creeps upgrades. Instead get minion idols (if you are minion build lvl1 is enough if not, would be nice to get lvl4 idols). Than keep jumping into his portal summon minions and take down portal towers (if needed mist-batswarm out or buttjump out with occ). When you get his portal than its only you vs archer towers and citadel. If you got early kills advantage he can't hurt you now. Have fun.
May 12, 2010 8:03:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, I thought Boxxy was kidding about the exploit deal.  Pick Crucible, then pick Erebus, and then get exploited by Oak???  I love it!  Either Crucible is 'broken' for generals, or Crucible was purposely slanted toward generals, but in either case, there are no exploits, only strats.  Anyway, I'm glad you posted, Boxxy, it was fun to watch.  And kudos to thomas (Grah666) for a creative strat.  The great deception 'The whole time he was asking me how to improve and stuff like that, I was telling him things trying to boast up his confidence.'  was pretty cool too.

May 12, 2010 8:55:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It really is Koush's fault he's playing 1v1's when his friends are right there in front of his face.

Serves you right for wanting to be a loner.

May 12, 2010 1:26:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This game is just a lol. Using this kind of exploit on crucible is so "classic". Only thing was nice on this game...is the end

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.