The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Dear Demigod Community.

By on May 8, 2010 2:45:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not tacoguy.

Tacoguy is not me.

We both love tacos, but this where the similarities end.

-CAPTAINtaco.

+5 Karma | 57 Replies
May 8, 2010 3:50:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who are you again?

Who is Tacoguy again?

What's so great about being a captain rather than a guy again?

Do you have a boat full of tacos?

May 8, 2010 3:56:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And last but most important...can I haz one?

May 8, 2010 4:06:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I bet you are both guys too, that is another similiarity. If I am wrong, you both should totally mate with each other and concieve a beautiful bouncing taco offspring.

May 8, 2010 5:12:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Neither of you have talked to me about tacos either, regardless of all my pleas.

That's another similarity.

May 8, 2010 5:44:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Which Taco guy is the best at dg?!?!   I believe I sense a challenge coming up 

THE STRONGEST TACO OF THEM ALL!!! WE MUST KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS!!! 

May 8, 2010 6:42:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are you both like Jennifer Lopez?  Do you both like taco flavored keeses?

May 8, 2010 11:31:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I want Jennifer.  Can you arrange that tacoguy ... I - I mean CAPTAINtaco?

May 9, 2010 12:55:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who are you again?

I am a strange, malformed hybrid of military excellence and cilantro-flavoured deliciousness.

Who is Tacoguy again?

He is the same, only a civilian.  Therefore, not as important as me.

Do you have a boat full of tacos?

A mothafuckin' cruise ship full of tacos, bitch.

Which Taco guy is the best at dg?!?!

I don't know.  I think we will have to settle this.  More than likely it's him.  Perhaps it's me.  Perhaps.  Who knows.

Are you both like Jennifer Lopez?

I think her music and acting are atrocious.  Though, I would make that booty clap like Madison Square Garden.

Do you both like taco flavored keeses?

What in the name of the Holy Ballsack is a keese?

Neither of you have talked to me about tacos either, regardless of all my pleas.

We haven't had a chance.  If you desire, I shall verse you in all the wonderment that is the world of tacos.  Their construction, the history behind them, and just why they are so damn delicious.  Hell, I will fly to where you are and make you tacos, under the following condition:

A) You find a fat-titted hooker to bring me pork ribs and fellatio on command.

You pay for all airfare, alcohol, incidentals(including things I will break in your home out of spite), and a large dowry for my first born daughter.

C) ...I haven't figured out C yet, but when I do, I'll let you know.

-The Captain of the USS Taco.

May 9, 2010 1:21:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

by all that is magical in this world i bind you and all your tacos into a tiny crystal that i shall carry around with me

that is all

May 9, 2010 3:39:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think I prefer pitas anyway.

May 9, 2010 10:40:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pitas?  You filthy hippie.

(I'm greek, so I guess I have to like pitas.  Granted, there was this bad ass pita place I used to order from that was awesome.  Then they closed due to health department concerns.  There is a good chance that I ate rat turds or something.  If that's the case, I need to get a rat, cause their excrement is delicious.)

May 10, 2010 1:34:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've never had a Taco. Should I just get some Old El Paso or something and make it myself? I don't know if I'll actually like tacos, I feel like the crunchiness of the taco will throw me off. How is it different from nachos with ground beef, tomatos, cheese and stuff on top?

May 10, 2010 1:51:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

eww hardshell tacos.  Softshell is where it's at.  

Go to freakin Taco Bell.

May 10, 2010 2:47:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Aren't soft-shell tacos just pitas?

Also, here in Canada Taco Bell has merged with KFC, so if I walk into a Taco Bell, I'll always see a KFC counter right next to it. If I'm going to spoil myself, I'd rather take the opportunity to get KFC.

May 10, 2010 9:11:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love taco's.

The End.

May 10, 2010 9:20:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

softshell taco's should be outlawed. All it is a lazymans burrito, same ingredients just less folds!

May 10, 2010 9:31:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your crazy man.  I love to bite into a nice warm taco.  ; o  : )

The End.

May 10, 2010 10:09:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you are going to make tacos at home, I recommend the Taco Bell brand seasoning mix.  It seems to be the most flavourful.  However, if you are really wanting to delve into the forest of taco making, using your own seasoning is the way to go.  Here's my recipe:

1 tbsp. chili powder

2 tsp. onion powder

1 tsp. each ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, powdered oregano and sugar

1 to 1 and 1/2 tsp. of salt

Brown yourself up about 1lb of ground beef(I prefer ground chuck, but round will do as well.  I generally do not use lean for this application, you need the fat to soak up the flavor), add about 3/4 cups of water, add your spices, let simmer for 10 mins.  Then, nomnomnom.

I prefer lightly fried corn tortillas.  Pick 'em up at your local grocery store, get a small skillet, heat up a small amount of oil in it, drop in a tortilla, let it fry for a little bit on both sides(so it's nice and crispy, not soggy), then move to a plate lined with a napkin, and throw a napkin on top of it.  Repeat ad nauseum until you have enough shells. 

Do not compare tacos to other mexican faire.  Thats like saying what the difference between a delicious burger made from Kobe beef and a burger made from rabbit shit.

May 10, 2010 10:49:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You know this is the funniest thread I have ever read.

LoL.

The End.

May 10, 2010 12:03:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting brandon_varn,
You know this is the funniest thread I have ever read.

LoL.

The End.

quiet you

Quoting CaptainTaco,
If you are going to make tacos at home, I recommend the Taco Bell brand seasoning mix.  It seems to be the most flavourful.  However, if you are really wanting to delve into the forest of taco making, using your own seasoning is the way to go.  Here's my recipe:

1 tbsp. chili powder

2 tsp. onion powder

Brown yourself up about 1lb of ground beef(I prefer ground chuck, but round will do as well.  I generally do not use lean for this application, you need the fat to soak up the flavor), add about 3/4 cups of water, add your spices, let simmer for 10 mins.  Then, nomnomnom.

I prefer lightly fried corn tortillas.  Pick 'em up at your local grocery store, get a small skillet, heat up a small amount of oil in it, drop in a tortilla, let it fry for a little bit on both sides(so it's nice and crispy, not soggy), then move to a plate lined with a napkin, and throw a napkin on top of it.  Repeat ad nauseum until you have enough shells. 

Do not compare tacos to other mexican faire.  Thats like saying what the difference between a delicious burger made from Kobe beef and a burger made from rabbit shit.

i dub the king of tacoland

rule it well

May 10, 2010 12:07:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It was supposed to be a good thing that it is a funny thread max.  

The End.

May 10, 2010 4:08:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CaptainTaco,

1 tbsp. chili powder

2 tsp. onion powder

Like jongalt has said, this sounds like a recipe for a burrito or a pita.

And I would think eating this in a burrito form is much cleaner too.

The more I learn about tacos, the less excited I'm getting.

May 10, 2010 5:28:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A pita is completely different from a taco.

Pita bread contains yeast, a tortilla does not.  The bread is thicker, and you make pockets rather than rolling up a tortilla. 

Pitas have a sauce or otherwise completely different flavor from tacos and you use shredded cheese and salsa with tacos.

Burritos are completely different as well.

Burritos contain beans and rice and melted cheese.  They are also much larger in size.  Completely different flavor.

Tacos, burritos, and pitas are all potentially messy, but all can be eaten cleanly in the forms they are presented.  

May 10, 2010 7:00:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tacoguy has been here longer than Captaintaco - 1 for taco, 0 for captain.

May 10, 2010 7:13:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's been here TWO DAYS LONGER.

FUUUUU---

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.