The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

2 Really Random Questions Install Required? and low end Install

By on May 6, 2010 6:11:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Chemdude8

Join Date 05/2009
+4

So I have a campus computer lab job, my job is to fill printers with paper, we have mediocre computers but "shouldnt" install things to them...

Can I install/run demigod off of only a flash drive? (i.e. no registry values and preferably no /user/document/demigod/rules.ini or whatever).  Best way to do this? Copy game files?  Install from cd to usb location? Use Impulse? (havent looked at impulse a lot, old computer could barely handle the game so i killed all non-essential processes).  I own and have owned a legal copy so that's not an issue, but I had 2 versions at one point (we all know launch GR had more stable connectivity my apologies) and it didnt seem like my illicit version required an install it seemed simply like an unpack or playing directly off the disk...

Second question:  Assuming I can do an install that at worst adds the /documents path to my machine, has anyone tried running the game on an i5 with integrated "intel graphics media accelerator HD (Core i5).  I know integrated graphics is a huge stretch... but I figured the i5 did have some revolutionary work on the controller for all that...

Btw if I get an answer for the first I will definitely reply with a performance evaluation for the second (compared to my 939 dual core 2.0ghz with x1950, and my i7-920 with x4870)

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 7, 2010 4:03:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regarding you second question here is a link to a Graphic Card Chart of all graphic cards(laptop versions, so remember desk top ones are usually better), its pretty complete with all cards
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-HD.23065.0.html

The lists on the right of all the cards are in ordre of power (best to worst).  As minium requirements go for the game, the Nvidia 6800 or ATI X1600 are the minium, so the Intel is lower then those two... But I have played the game on a Nvidia 8200g laptop, not great but playable. Sooo, I would think it's playable seeing the Intel is rated higher then the 8200g I've played and I'm guessing they're desktop PCs:)

May 7, 2010 4:47:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can I install/run demigod off of only a flash drive? (i.e. no registry values and preferably no /user/document/demigod/rules.ini or whatever). Best way to do this? Copy game files? Install from cd to usb location? Use Impulse? (havent looked at impulse a lot, old computer could barely handle the game so i killed all non-essential processes). I own and have owned a legal copy so that's not an issue, but I had 2 versions at one point (we all know launch GR had more stable connectivity my apologies) and it didnt seem like my illicit version required an install it seemed simply like an unpack or playing directly off the disk...
You should be able to copy the Demigod directory anywhere you like and start it from there, no install is required. However, your game settings are stored in \user\AppData\Local\... You will have to redo the settings every time you start the game on a different PC.

May 12, 2010 9:03:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I hate to bring this one back up, I copied the c:\prog\star\demigod folder and it can play, but it says it is version 0.0 (not true), so i copied impulse which says it cannot update this copy please unistall/reinstall any ideals?

May 13, 2010 4:11:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah, I think there is still one registry setting where the version is saved. Though it should only matter for Impulse and the game should display the right version. Hmmm..

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000031   Page Render Time: