The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

new problem with deep freeze?

By on April 29, 2010 5:39:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi guys!

I haven't played Demigod for a while so I'm quite new to v1.2. But I've noticed this:

Torchbeares's ability deep freeze doesn't seem to increase the cooldowns of any abilities any more. Neither the interrupted ones nor other ones. Can this be? - I haven't found any info in the forums.

I reply would be great!

Thanks and cheers!

0 Karma | 12 Replies
April 29, 2010 8:33:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It doesn't affect cooldowns if you successfully interupt an ability. It only affects cooldowns of skills and abities whose entier cast time is completed before the debuff wears off. DF is also completely ineffective against the following skills and items:

Mist

Heal III

Shield

Mental Agility (Brain Storm III)

Symbol of Purification

Orb of Defiance

April 29, 2010 8:43:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It doesn't affect cooldowns if you successfully interupt an ability.

Yup.  The strategic way to use it is 1) as an interrupt or 2) when you are up against characters that need to spam abilities.  Hit them with deep freeze before they start spamming and cd shoots up.  1 level of it isn't really extremely useful for causing a big amount of pain early game, but if you put several points into it, it can be exceptionally strong. 

+1 for hedgie though.  Good details. 

April 30, 2010 4:14:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great, thanks guys!

Since when has this been changed? I'm pretty sure deep freeze hasn't always been like this.

April 30, 2010 4:36:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it has

April 30, 2010 7:22:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
it has

didn't sorian code some sort of fix for this sometime ago so it worked like the tooltip said it did?  Trying to remember... I know he changed something..

April 30, 2010 7:23:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Confused me too man. I liked the old way a LOT better.

April 30, 2010 7:29:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
it has

No it hasnt. It used to add the % cooldown only during the duration to abilities on cooldown.

IE: Watch Sedna heal, count to 5, hit with Deep Freeze and due to the increase (over 100%), she could not heal for the full duration of Deep Freeze (5 seconds, which is less then the cooldown +10%)

May 1, 2010 2:22:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 - that's what it was... i knew some change took place. 

May 1, 2010 10:27:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I liked it so much better. It was much easier to screw people up when you needed to. Heals/Shields were at a MUCH higher risk and you could drop a Sedna, knowing she could only heal once.

God I wish it still worked the other way. It'd be less annoying too! No more 100+ cooldowns on longer cooldown abilities.

May 2, 2010 1:30:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just tested it. I did not notice any effect on the cool down time. Neither if I DF someone before any abilities are activated nor if I interrupt an ability. Am I totally missing something or didn't you all notice this yet? I'm really confused.

May 2, 2010 1:43:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do this. 

Play a game with someone. Have them Deep Freeze you. Then cast Frost Nova.

The ability has to be cast while the debuff is on the target.

IE: You have lvl 1 deep freeze, you hit me with it, I cast Frost Nova while it is still in effect, it's cooldown till the NEXT cast is 130% longer.

May 2, 2010 2:06:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just tested it. I did not notice any effect on the cool down time. Neither if I DF someone before any abilities are activated nor if I interrupt an ability. Am I totally missing something or didn't you all notice this yet? I'm really confused.

Indeed.  Try a test as teseer indicated.  I'm guessing you must be doing something wrong... the bottom line is you cast deep freeze - if someone uses an ability while they are under the deep freeze effect (with the specific exceptions that Hedgie listed in reply 1), their cool down increases based on the level of deep freeze. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.