The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

DemigodDB v1.2 Now Live!

By on April 25, 2010 1:38:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

I have been hard at work improving DemigodDB these last few days and I have made some exciting and hopefully very useful improvements to the site.

The most exciting new additions are:

- All items and abilities have been updated to be correct as of Demigod v1.20 (1.20.147 on Impulse)

- Demon Assassin and Oculus are now fully supported by the site!

- Addition of Idols Store for Generals!

- Holding the Shift key when picking abilities will let you buy any available skill and all its dependencies in one click!

- You can now click on an ability to sell it instead of having to refresh the page and start over!

- Tool-tips no longer go off-screen on smaller browser resolutions

- You can now share the URL of the calculator with friends to share your builds!

- Passive Abilities such as Torch Bearer's Aura and Sedna's Inner Grace are now added to calculations!

- New Detailed tool-tips uncovering hidden information not mentioned in the in-game tool-tips!

I have provided a copy of the news post from the site for those who are interested in everything that has changed and any planned works in the future.

For those who are wanting to help out:

As far as I am aware the items should be 100% Correct.

If you see an item with incorrect stats, cost, or tool tip on this Beta site, please leave a message here or send me a PM and I will fix it up ASAP.

As far as I am aware the abilities should also be 100% Correct for the original 8 Demigods AND the 2 new Demigods.

If you notice any problems with the abilities for any of the Demigods, please leave a message here or send me a PM and I will fix it up ASAP.

You can visit the new and improved site at:
http://demigoddb.com/

Check out Oculus Here:

http://demigoddb.com/#9:20::::abilities

Check out Demon Assassin Here:

http://demigoddb.com/#10:20::::abilities

DemigodDB V1.2 Now Live!

After a long hiatus, DemigodDB is now under active development to get it up-to-date as of Demigod v1.2 and improve beyond.

Current New Features

• Added Abilities for Oculus
  • Added Abilities for Demon Assassin
  • Added Oculus and Demon Assassin as Demigods
  • Updated all Item Prices/Stats to reflect changes to the game
  • Updated all Abilities to reflect changes to the game
  • NEW! Added the ability to sell abilities after you choose them. Selling a low level skill will automatically sell all skills dependent on it.
  • NEW! Holding Shift on the Abilities page allows you to buy a high level skill and it will automatically select all dependencies
  • NEW! Passive abilities are now factored into calculations (Such as TB's Aura, and Sedna's Inner Grace)
  • NEW! The ability to save/share builds via a URL
  • NEW! Added a new Idols store and the ability to purchase idols for Generals
  • NEW! Improved tool-tips to include 'secret' information not mentioned in the game's tool-tips
  • FIXED! Tooltips will now no longer go offscreen if they are too close to the edge on smaller monitor resolutions

Technological Changes

• Rewrote the entire front-end JavaScript to make it more efficient and extensible
  • Rewrote the entire calculator component to make it much cleaner and extensible
  • Rewrote much of the middle end to make trips to the server less frequent
  • Entirely restructured how item and events work to make ability calculations possible as well as items with Proc/Use events.
  • Images have been 'sprited' so that there aren't 100 network connections for each icon

There are also a few features I am planning to add that have been long requested and overdue:

• IN PROGRESS: Allow abilities/items to be toggled on and off if they are Use or Proc type events rather than passive
  • Ability to Copy/Paste Item/Ability Information
  • Improved calculator to include more statistics
+47 Karma | 28 Replies
April 25, 2010 1:47:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rock on!

Thanks for this.

April 25, 2010 2:04:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

April 25, 2010 6:34:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shall be checking this out once home from work...

April 25, 2010 6:40:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If DemigodDB v1.2 going live wasn't enough for you, the site has now been updated to include detailed tooltips beyond what the in-game tool-tips show. They now include information on abilities with vague descriptions such as "Increases Attack Speed" without mentioning values, or the stats of minions you may summon.

Added Detailed Information to the tool-tips for:

Torch Bearer:
- Fire Aura I, II and III
- Permafrost I, II, III

The Rook:
- Hammer Slam I, II, III, IV
- Archer Tower
- Tower of Light
- Trebuchet
- Power of the Tower I, II, III, IV

Regulus:
- Snipe I, II, III, IV
- Angelic Fury I, II, III, IV

Queen of Thorns:
- Compost I, II, III
- Summon Shambler I, II, III, IV

Sedna:
- Horn of the Yeti I, II, III, IV

Lord Erebus:
- Improved Conversion Aura I, II, III

Oculus:
- Ball Lighting I, II, III, IV

If anyone knows much about LUA:

I am having a hard time tracking down values for the "Increased Attack Speed" given by Ball Lightning III and IV from Oculus. I have opened a thread in regards to this problem here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/381097

Please visit and post if you can help track down these values. Thanks!

If anyone has any suggestions:

I am wondering the best way to implement some manner to copy and paste but I'm struggling to come up with a nice way that wont ruin the user experience any opinions on the matter would help greatly.

If you have any other issues or suggestions to improve the site, please let me know!

April 25, 2010 7:43:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NT

April 25, 2010 8:06:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

Bad Info

Can you please expand on what you mean?

April 25, 2010 9:09:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah I thought I found a mistake on one of the items, it wasn't.

April 25, 2010 9:13:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maccilia,

Yeah I thought I found a mistake on one of the items, it wasn't.

Ahh O.K. Thanks for your help anyway

April 25, 2010 11:35:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you! this will help out so many people!

April 26, 2010 4:42:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erm... Am I the only one that can't load the site? I get the Header picture, small blank roll-downs and nothing happens when i click the buttons.

April 26, 2010 5:28:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting BloodRaven_GR,
Erm... Am I the only one that can't load the site? I get the Header picture, small blank roll-downs and nothing happens when i click the buttons.

What browser are you using? I've only tested the site in Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Life is too short to test in Internet Explorer.

Edit: Just because I'm such an awesome guy, I just got it working in IE7-8 as well. IE6 is a lost cause, the site requires far too much transparency for me to even bother.

April 26, 2010 7:25:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you Sir.

April 26, 2010 7:39:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UhelligGudn,

What browser are you using? I've only tested the site in Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Life is too short to test in Internet Explorer.

Edit: Just because I'm such an awesome guy, I just got it working in IE7-8 as well. IE6 is a lost cause, the site requires far too much transparency for me to even bother.

I'm using IE8. Works great now.   for being such an awesome guy!

April 26, 2010 9:00:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wait don't generals already have the ability to purchase idols?

April 26, 2010 9:02:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you again sir. The site ROCKS!

April 26, 2010 9:14:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
wait don't generals already have the ability to purchase idols?

Not on DemigodDB they never could. You may be mistaking this thread for one about the actual game, I called the site v1.2 to signify it was current with the game Demigod v1.2 without fully realizing the implications that it may confuse people, sorry if this is the case.

April 26, 2010 9:57:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

awesome, thanks

April 26, 2010 10:10:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stats for Queen of Thorns at Level 15

Health 6170 ( 9699.24 Modified Armored Health )
Mana 4466
Armor 1430 (36.4% Weapon Damage Mitigation)
Evasion 0%
Movement Speed 6.0
Rate of Fire 0.8266
Attack Time 1.21 (+20%)
Damage 248-274 (261)
Damage Per Second 216
Health Per Second 44.89
Mana Per Second 22.41
Items Vlemish Faceguard, Nimoth Chest Armor, Hauberk of Life, Unbreakable Boots, Narmoth's Ring, Siege Archer Idol, Monk Idol, Blood of the Fallen
Abilities Summon Shambler I, Summon Shambler II, Spike Wave III
Active Effects Vlemish Faceguard, Nimoth Chest Armor, Hauberk of Life, Unbreakable Boots, Narmoth's Ring, Blood of the Fallen

hmmm interesting.

April 26, 2010 10:14:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thats awesome bro thanks!  now come play with us !

April 26, 2010 10:20:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I could be wrong here, but are the stats right for the items nerfed in the most recent patch....particularly, horn of battle? I thought it was not that good anymore.

April 26, 2010 10:24:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
hmmm interesting.

Is there something specifically wrong with the calculations involved? Or are you just pointing out that they are interesting in general?

Quoting Pfizzyhead,
I could be wrong here, but are the stats right for the items nerfed in the most recent patch....particularly, horn of battle? I thought it was not that good anymore.

It was changed from 200HP/s for 10 seconds to 50hp/s for 20 seconds. Which means you get overall 1000HP instead of 2000HP, and it takes twice as long, a considerable nerf.

Edit: Just confirmed in game to double check I was correct. The site displays the correct information.

April 26, 2010 8:21:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i just slapped stuff on queen; that and I have never really got her hp that high before... or maybe I have and just don't remember.

April 26, 2010 9:55:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

synnworld has his own QoT barbie doll that he can virtually dress in all of his favorite gear...then he can drool over her stats.

May 10, 2010 7:53:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am currently having 2 problems with the site and thought to mention them here.

1. When using IE8, most of the time, there are no tool-tips when I mouse-over items (abilities are OK). When this happens I can't equip any items. Whenever I do manage to equip items, I can't unequip them.
  2. When using Chrome, the same thing always happens with abilities. No tool-tips and I can't select any abilities (items equip/unequip fine). Changing Demigod's level has no effect.

Thanks again for all your work .

July 17, 2010 2:08:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For those of you that weren't aware - demigoddb had some issues with the backend db.  UhelligGudn was kind enough to check it out and sort things out - so www.demigoddb.com is back - up and running again.

Thanks again for sorting things out UhelligGudn!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.