The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

DemigodDB Beta v1.2

By on April 24, 2010 2:12:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello Everyone,

Due to the amount of feedback I received in my last thread on whether it was worth updating DemigodDB I have been working hard on improving and updating the site. I am still working out bugs and adding abilities however I wanted to show some progress now. There isn't a whole lot new at this point from a visitors point of view, most of the changes have been made to support up coming changes and facilitate the adding and updating of the new Demigods.

As far as I am aware the items should be 100% Correct.

If you see an item with incorrect stats, cost, or tool tip on this Beta site, please leave a message here or send me a PM and I will fix it up ASAP.

As far as I am aware the abilities should also be 100% Correct for the original 8 Demigods AND the 2 new Demigods.

If you notice any problems with the abilities for any of the Demigods, please leave a message here or send me a PM and I will fix it up ASAP.

CORE FUNCTIONALITY COMPLETE - SEE BELOW FOR CHANGES - WILL MOVE OUT OF BETA ONCE TESTING IS FINALIZED.

You can currently view it at:
http://demigoddb.com/beta

Check out Oculus Here:

http://demigoddb.com/beta/#9:20::::abilities

Check out Demon Assassin Here:

http://demigoddb.com/beta/#10:20::::abilities

DemigodDB V1.2 Now in Beta

After a long hiatus, DemigodDB is now under active development to get it up-to-date as of Demigod v1.2 and improve beyond.

Current New Features

• Added Abilities for Oculus
  • Added Abilities for Demon Assassin
  • Added Oculus and Demon Assassin as Demigods
  • Updated all Item Prices/Stats to reflect changes to the game
  • Updated all Abilities to reflect changes to the game
  • NEW! Added the ability to sell abilities after you choose them. Selling a low level skill will automatically sell all skills dependent on it.
  • NEW! Holding Shift on the Abilities page allows you to buy a high level skill and it will automatically select all dependencies
  • NEW! Passive abilities are now factored into calculations (Such as TB's Aura, and Sedna's Inner Grace)
  • NEW! The ability to save/share builds via a URL
  • NEW! Added a new Idols store and the ability to purchase idols for Generals
  • FIXED! Tooltips will now no longer go offscreen if they are too close to the edge on smaller monitor resolutions

Technological Changes

• Rewrote the entire front-end JavaScript to make it more efficient and extensible
  • Rewrote the entire calculator component to make it much cleaner and extensible
  • Rewrote much of the middle end to make trips to the server less frequent
  • Entirely restructured how item and events work to make ability calculations possible as well as items with Proc/Use events.
  • Images have been 'sprited' so that there aren't 100 network connections for each icon

There are also a few features I am planning to add that have been long requested and overdue:

• IN PROGRESS: Improved tool-tips to include 'secret' information not mentioned in the game's tool-tips
  • IN PROGRESS: Allow abilities/items to be toggled on and off if they are Use or Proc type events rather than passive
  • Ability to Copy/Paste Item/Ability Information
  • Improved calculator to include more statistics
+47 Karma | 22 Replies
April 24, 2010 2:22:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks again for the hard work.  Easily proof that all that karma is well deserved.  Thanks!

April 24, 2010 2:31:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Magnus rod is actually Magus rod. AS MUCH AS IT PAINS ME TO ADMIT.  Considering I'm probably the only person who buys it consistently maybe it should stay as magnus...

April 24, 2010 2:43:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have fixed up the fact that abilities didn't stack in the Calculator, now all passive abilities are taken into account and should only take the most advanced version of the skill into account.

Quoting gm-magnus333,
Magnus rod is actually Magus rod. AS MUCH AS IT PAINS ME TO ADMIT.  Considering I'm probably the only person who buys it consistently maybe it should stay as magnus...

Wow, I never noticed. This has been fixed up, good find, thanks!

April 24, 2010 5:28:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can now save builds!

http://demigoddb.com/beta/#3:20:cVdBdFdKdNdOdLdMdPdQdGdCdHdDdIdEdJcWcXcY:i1bSi2bPi3bLi4bKi5bIt1bTt2cDt3bNf1eI::items-11

I have also gone through all the change logs and updated the few abilities they have modified since the game has come out, luckily most of their changes were item balances which makes things easy.

April 24, 2010 7:33:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Big thx dude. This site was/is so usefull when u need to test some skill + items

April 24, 2010 8:41:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for all your hard work. This site is so helpful. Glad to see there is enough interest to keep it going.

April 24, 2010 8:47:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uhell: is there a way to add the effects of in-game dependent abilities? For instance the way the number of spirits affects Oak's Soul Power? I think there are others but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Probably not the simplest thing to do, but I don't know a lot about programming, it may be easier than I think.

April 24, 2010 9:07:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well the site is technically ready to go live in v1.2 but I want to hold off since I have done so much today and it's now almost 2am so I want to get some rest and make sure everything is fairly smooth before making it live. If people could play around with the beta and just report anything they notice that would be really helpful.

Here's my changelog for today, it only counts actual changes not to mention all the refactoring (rewriting/reorganising code) I did:

** 24/04/10 **
 * - NEW: Add Forked Dependancies
 * - NEW: Sell/Remove Abilities
 * - NEW: Add Tooltips to Abilities
 * - NEW: Checked changelogs, have determined all current abilities and stats should be up-to-date
 * - NEW: Added Passive Abilities to Calculations
 * - NEW: Added Use/Proc Abilities to Calculations
 * - NEW: Save Builds in URL!
 * - NEW: Add Demon Assassin Abilities
 * - NEW: Add Oculus Abilities
 * - BUG: Fix Skill Points when changing DG's
 * - BUG: Fix Skill Points when Selling Abilities
 * - BUG: Fix Tech-Tree loading bug
 * - BUG: Fix Calculator
 * - BUG: Fix Tech-Tree Latency
 * - BUG: Fix Calculator Hiding Pages Bug
 * - BUG: Fix Oculus/Demon Assassin not allow Class Favor Items
 * - BUG: Fixed Ability Stacking
 * - BUG: When you restore a saved build, the tooltips for items are broken
 * - BUG: Generals can buy Assassin Favor Items etc even though they are greyed out
 * - BUG: Fix Tooltip overflow

Quoting BadDaddy8,
Uhell: is there a way to add the effects of in-game dependent abilities? For instance the way the number of spirits affects Oak's Soul Power? I think there are others but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Probably not the simplest thing to do, but I don't know a lot about programming, it may be easier than I think.

I plan to add as much as possible eventually, we will see. There is currently no functionality built in that lets the effect of one skill effect another, however it seems that at least Demon Assassin requires this if not more, so I may need to build it in eventually regardless.

April 24, 2010 12:29:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

King of the Minotaurs III has a dependency of Blast Off I, which it shouldn't. Since oc is somewhat unique with that skill you should probably add the base hp/mana/damage from the minions to his calculations from simply taking the skill.

April 24, 2010 12:35:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gm-magnus333,
King of the Minotaurs III has a dependency of Blast Off I, which it shouldn't. Since oc is somewhat unique with that skill you should probably add the base hp/mana/damage from the minions to his calculations from simply taking the skill.

Nice catch, I must have miss-clicked the dependencies, I'm really quite tired At the moment that skill doesn't add anything.

As for King of the Minotaurs, I have added the assumption that no one would take the skill and not keep 2 of each minion on the field constantly, so I have added a passive buff for 2x whatever is mentioned in the tool-tip.

April 24, 2010 2:24:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol is it bad that I take King of the Minotaurs and usually only keep monks and occasionally demolishers on the field?

April 24, 2010 2:39:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There's a typo for torch bearer on his deep freeze ability.  Last paragraph - "... deep freeze consumers each effect..." should be "... deep freeze consumes each effect."

April 24, 2010 2:50:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, TB likes to shop, what of it?

April 24, 2010 3:20:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol is it bad that I take King of the Minotaurs and usually only keep monks and occasionally demolishers on the field?

I do the same thing.  Extra mana for having monks early is very useful to me. 

April 24, 2010 3:48:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

looks great so far....truly nice work ( can imagine it was a whole bunch of work)

seen that occulus chain lightning skill description is incorrect...he archs through more than three as far as i remember (seldom play him)

anyways....THX a LOT....  i know u cant buy anything from the karma u get from here...but i hope it makes u smile a bit...

April 24, 2010 3:53:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ya chain lighting is 3,5,7,10 targets (per rank)

April 24, 2010 5:21:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, this is great.  Everything seems to work great.  What's it mean when you say you 'sprited' the images?

Is it possible to implement a reverse of the ability sell when Shift or something is held, so you can select an ability and auto-select its dependencies?

April 24, 2010 5:23:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just wanted to show the love, again

April 24, 2010 5:47:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You missed some Teseer

April 24, 2010 9:45:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you all for the Karma love, I am really glad people enjoy this site I've spent a lot of time on it so it's nice to be appreciated

Quoting gm-magnus333,
 Ya chain lighting is 3,5,7,10 targets (per rank)

I must have missed that, entering abilities is fairly monotonous I just copy and paste a whole deal heh. This has been fixed up.

Quoting cwsault,
Wow, this is great.  Everything seems to work great.  What's it mean when you say you 'sprited' the images?

Is it possible to implement a reverse of the ability sell when Shift or something is held, so you can select an ability and auto-select its dependencies?

Dependencies act a little weirdly I will take a look at how hard this will be to do, my main concern is how to notify the user that holding down shift will do anything.

Spriting the images is a little trick where you get all the icons and put them into 1 large image, then crop that image in the browser rather than having lots of little images. I did this a while ago, it was probably not needed it just means the site only has to ask the server for 1 file instead of 20 which speeds up the page load a bit and reduces server stress.

Quoting pacov,
There's a typo for torch bearer on his deep freeze ability.  Last paragraph - "... deep freeze consumers each effect..." should be "... deep freeze consumes each effect."

I've fixed that up now thanks, typos are hard to catch because the stupid human brain is too good at adapting to them that I don't even see them

Quoting RAWRRRR,

This makes sense I suppose however the site is fairly limited in its technical capabilities, it's not an entire simulator of the game. I will have to leave this default assumption in, or remove it all together, I am hoping to implement idols to the store and the functionality for abilities to see what other abilities are available in order to be able to go "King of Minotaurs I, looks up what idols you have, then applies the given effects" The problem is that the game is entirely written so that everything can be customized and such, the site is quite generic so that I can just use a template for each skill and then just fill in numbers.sprite

April 24, 2010 10:07:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks alot this is a very useful tool for all DG players

April 24, 2010 10:17:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting cwsault,

I have implemented this, I am not sure how to indicate it is possible to the user, but the functionality is there.

I have also added in an Idols store for Generals so they can buy idols for their builds.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.