The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Why is it so hard for people to accept it?

By on April 20, 2010 11:31:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG_blackmage

Join Date 06/2009
+42

Well as at least 45% of the board knows by now, I am a black man   . Ok now moving on to the point of this, I am a black guy who is naturally attracted to women of Asian decent (Japanese, Chinese, and so on), and people seem to look at me strangely when they find out. Usually one of the first things I get is; "Why you know they are not better in bed then a white or black women right?"Then I have to go into this whole discussion on how I didn't say a thing about sex, or could care if it was better or not. Just how I simply find them more naturally beautiful and appealing then other women. Ultimately it ends up with me being called weird, or strange for actually having a preference for women that are not black or white.

Seriously and it isn't just men its black and white women to who I get the same exact responses and expressions from when they find out and listen to me try to explain it to them. Out of everyone I have had the discussion with; only three people understood where I was coming from. One understood why, one agreed with me on my reason why, and the other..well she is from china and was more surprised and just said I was different from other black guys she met.

SoI ask what is so hard to understand and accept about a black guy that likes Asian women?

Locked Post 57 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 20, 2010 11:40:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nothing

such ones that can't accept it are poorly educated sadly (even though many did go to college )

April 21, 2010 12:20:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Or...just stop telling people

April 21, 2010 12:50:40 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't know, stereotypically it might depend somewhat on where you live. And I suppose most people just don't think it is that common (though Tiger Woods is black/asian I think). Either way, don't let other people bother you.

April 21, 2010 1:27:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Human Pheromones and Face Preferences

It has been repeatedly suggested by many others that we are primarily visual creatures. This suggestion distances us from what is known about molecular biology across species. For example, pheromones activate genes in hormone-secreting cells of tissue in the brain. The brain directs behavior. What effect on the brain motivates us when we see food, or a potential mate? Sex differences in food preferences have not been detailed. What pathway links what we see to the sex differences in perception that allow most women and men to exhibit a heterosexual response?

Biometric Evidence that Sexual Selection Has Shaped the Hominin Face begs the question of what stimuli are most important to sexual selection across species. Human preferences for visually perceived facial and other physical features appear to have evolved via their association with olfactory/pheromonal cues (e.g., human pheromones). The evolved neurophysiological mechanism that links human pheromones to food choice and mate choice can be traced back to single celled organisms. In contrast, no known mechanism allows visual input to influence sexual selection in other species. Obviously, other species rely first and foremost on olfactory/pheromonal cues. Sexual selection must start somewhere for it to shape face preferences. If, as indicated by all current knowledge of cause and effect, pheromones are responsible for sexual selection in every other species, why are we told that what we see is most important to our mate choice?

April 21, 2010 2:58:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I see black men with white/asian women, I go after black and asian women...  What are you talking about?

April 21, 2010 3:20:27 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

It is so strange that a black man would find Asian women more attractive.

It is also so strange that so many white men feel the same way.

And it is oh so strange that many Asian women find either black or white men more to their liking.

And what about white women/men with black men/women.

Astounding!

Synnworld, I think you are to sensitive to what other people think. There will always be someone that does not approve of something that you do. Live your life in the way you feel is right, and be with the person that you love the most.

April 21, 2010 3:58:41 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Haters gonna hate!

April 21, 2010 4:41:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting myfist0,
Human Pheromones and Face Preferences
It has been repeatedly suggested by many others that we are primarily visual creatures. This suggestion distances us from what is known about molecular biology across species. For example, pheromones activate genes in hormone-secreting cells of tissue in the brain. The brain directs behavior. What effect on the brain motivates us when we see food, or a potential mate? Sex differences in food preferences have not been detailed. What pathway links what we see to the sex differences in perception that allow most women and men to exhibit a heterosexual response?

Biometric Evidence that Sexual Selection Has Shaped the Hominin Face begs the question of what stimuli are most important to sexual selection across species. Human preferences for visually perceived facial and other physical features appear to have evolved via their association with olfactory/pheromonal cues (e.g., human pheromones). The evolved neurophysiological mechanism that links human pheromones to food choice and mate choice can be traced back to single celled organisms. In contrast, no known mechanism allows visual input to influence sexual selection in other species. Obviously, other species rely first and foremost on olfactory/pheromonal cues. Sexual selection must start somewhere for it to shape face preferences. If, as indicated by all current knowledge of cause and effect, pheromones are responsible for sexual selection in every other species, why are we told that what we see is most important to our mate choice?

changes in skin tone across a species are called clines, whites and blacks people of any collor are all the same species

only racists would be bugged by this so who cares what stupid people think???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cline_(biology)

April 21, 2010 4:46:25 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hey guys, if you're sensitive and afraid of being looked at, don't walk around with my netbook!

I don't give a crap what people say to me.  Kiss my ass, I got the netbook for $70.  It has 3g and I can surf the web from anywhere.

(Girls also somehow like the fact that I'm unafraid to carry a pink laptop, so double score)

April 21, 2010 6:33:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I find it hard to accept that my rant against FOX news was locked but this thread is still open.....

Actually I would find it more difficult to understand you as a black man wanting to meet an asian man....

Actually I wanted to say that because being anti-racism is cool but being anti-homophobia is not as cool.

Good on ya mate, and I hope you meet the woman (or man) of your dreams!

April 21, 2010 6:46:53 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

There are almost 7 billion folks on this planet.  All of varying races.  That some prefer Asian, Black, White, Hispanic, etc. women is natural.  As the taste of the 7 billion are not all going to be the same.  I do not think I really have a preference as I see beauty in all races (just more to ogle at when my wife is not looking. ).

More power to you!  I find Asian women appealing as well, but not overly more so than other ladies.  I just love beautiful women!

Now the trick is to find the one that most appeals to you - and then make sure you appeal to her!

April 21, 2010 8:20:24 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Strange to hear people talking about this...... I for one don't see why this has to be such a terribly big deal....

April 21, 2010 8:24:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's just that a lot of people are racist... and that's a sad fact.

April 21, 2010 10:56:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol Michael, it took a couple pages for them to notice your fox news thread.  Don't worry, the lock for this thread is coming.

April 21, 2010 11:24:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting carlobee,

Everyone is racist.  To abhor racism you have to understand racism and what it means.  Understanding and knowing what is correct or enlightened, is what makes you different from the animals. 

Racism began long ago when man thought these guys that look like me don't kill my people near as often as those others over there,  therefor those others are bad.  I should avoid them.

Its a snap judgement survival mechanism.  Not being controlled by it is your learned behavior.  One day you'll learn to appreciate the bugs too and not smack them reflexively for doing what they do, and appreciating that they live too, then you'll be a step closer to even greater value of life. 

April 21, 2010 11:29:52 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Look, when I was single I would have gone for any girl I found attractive of any race. To me an attractive women is an attractive woman, not an attractive Black, Asian, White, Hispanic or British woman. They are all just women to me. However, an accent is also attractive but I could care less where they are from, so long as I'm attracted to her.

I have to agree with Moosetek13, you seem to be a bit too sensitive to this. You should just tell them it's your life and you date who you want. I'm sure most of them wouldn't hesitate to mess with a girl from any race if they were beautiful, willing and able. As for the girls, they would probably date a guy that was hot, sexy and rich regardless of race too.

April 21, 2010 1:50:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lughsan,

Quoting carlobee, reply 13It's just that a lot of people are racist... and that's a sad fact.

Everyone is racist.  To abhor racism you have to understand racism and what it means.  Understanding and knowing what is correct or enlightened, is what makes you different from the animals. 

Racism began long ago when man thought these guys that look like me don't kill my people near as often as those others over there,  therefor those others are bad.  I should avoid them.

Its a snap judgement survival mechanism.  Not being controlled by it is your learned behavior.  One day you'll learn to appreciate the bugs too and not smack them reflexively for doing what they do, and appreciating that they live too, then you'll be a step closer to even greater value of life.  

I have to disagree

Racism is taught to us though family and friends. Used to be media as well.

You can place children under 5 from all races in a playground and there will be no racism. 

April 21, 2010 3:35:22 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

'fraid so... people make big deals about tiny little things....

EDIT: Now why on Earth would the forums post EARLY?

April 21, 2010 3:37:19 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

'fraid so... people make big deals about tiny little things.... as long as its consensual, I for one don't care who or what any of these people are "interested" in.....

April 21, 2010 4:20:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Strange means not typical. It's not a bad thing that people think your preferences are strange, it's just that they believe them to be atypical. There's nothing wrong with it, you're just somewhat of a statistical anomaly (which can be a good thing).

April 21, 2010 4:31:40 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

You can place children under 5 from all races in a playground and there will be no racism.

Agreed. No racism, only the basic "mine" mentality.

April 21, 2010 5:55:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I wouldn't even try and bother with all this science of racism bullcrap. I'd explain simply that I was trying to have kids that are good at basketball, know karate and are super good at math, then when they are looking at me like I'm nuts I would change the subject.

April 21, 2010 6:13:52 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I just don't date. I encourage every living being on these boards to do the same..... life is sooooooo much more sensible without chasing after sex......

April 21, 2010 6:57:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Identity politics is always messy because all of us belong to multiple identity groups, and we tend to gain important identity tags as we age. Plenty of factors could make someone inclined to hassle you about not choosing a black woman as your lover or spouse. One of the groups most people eventually join is parents, and every reasonable non-parent knows that those people are crazy and you have to take all their shit about their kids (and folks involved with their kids) with a grain of salt, especially if you're one of the kids in question.

When people share a gender (straight female) and a background mass culture (the US), they might well end up skipping their own skin-tone-related differences to work together on irrationally sustaining the shiftless-man crap that has dogged all but wealthy/credentialed black men pretty much since the end of Reconstruction. Basically, it sounds like you're getting some flack for both your genitals and your skin. Things would be different if you had an XX set of gear, but not necessarily more fun. Regardless, you should be able to turn most or all scoffing of your choice of lady back on the barbarian(s) in question and hopefully get them to check & repair their own shit. It isn't freedom-loving to hassle a person about choosing lovers or spouses.

April 23, 2010 2:26:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No one would think anything of it if a guy said "I prefer blonds over brunettes" or "I really got a thing for redheads" or "I'm really a breast man".  These are all physical attributes that different people either find attractive or don't.  How is race any different?  It's normal for a person to pick out physical attributes as desirable.  What that attribute is could be anything depending on the person -- including race.

To me, anyone who thinks otherwise is seeing the world from a skewed point of view.  Of course I've been told on more than one occasion that it's my view that's skewed so what do I know?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001047   Page Render Time: