The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Our Demigod task list

By on April 8, 2010 1:29:13 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
Category Description

Animation Oak's shield effect is not visible on Oculus.
Animation Oculus sometimes gets stuck in looping damage animation when at low HP.
Animation Oculus's autoattack animations do not loop/transition smoothly.
Animation Oculus's Ball Lightnings attack animation sometimes sticks with permanent bolt from minion to target.
Animation Oculus's Chain Lightning effect sticks until his or target's death if target teleports during cast.
Animation Oculus's Lightning Blast visual effect appears on the ally who inflicts it, rather than the affected target.
Animation Queen of Thorns root attack animation sticks through bottom of map.
Audio Sedna's low quality Silence effect cause game sound to mute.
Map Minion pathing issues on Prison map.
Map Towers do not appear on Forces of Darkness side until War Rank 4.
Mechanics Ability commands do not properly override current command queue. (#8)
Mechanics Demon Assassin stops and stands after using Warp Strike (similar issues reported with Rook in eSupport).
Mechanics Rook won't Auto-attack after using an ability unless he moves first.
Mechanics Dropping HP/MP buff items reduces current HP/MP by buff amount, regardless of current amount.
Mechanics Erebus can commit suicide by own Poison Blood potion, earning kill bounty (exploit/unintended?).
Mechanics Erebus's Mist ability sometimes fails to deactivate upon exhausting all MP.
Mechanics Heart of Life/Wings of Seraphim effect stops when player receives healing (negative damage).
Mechanics Minion HP buff items only increase max, not initial HP on spawn.
Mechanics Oculus cannot auto-attack units directly under himself.
Mechanics Oculus sometimes becomes unresponsive after using Blast Off.
Mechanics Oculus's Ball Lightnings can spawn in non-traversable map areas.
Mechanics Oculus's Ball Lightnings do not benefit from minion HP buff items.
Mechanics Oculus's Brain Storm has no visual effect without Mental Agility, does not remove debuffs as per tooltip.
Mechanics Oculus's Electrocution does not stop regeneration as per tooltip.
Mechanics Player Queen of Thorns changes targets without user input while auto-attacking.
Mechanics Players can loot kill-drop potions from long range under certain circumstances. (#21)
Mechanics Sedna's Silence debuff never expires under certain circumstances.
Mechanics Shamblers stop short of max attack range when ordered to attack structures.
Mechanics Sludge Slinger fails without feedback if player is not both in range and facing target.
Mechanics Torchbearer's Fireball stops short of target and moves very slowly under certain circumstances.
Mechanics Unclean Beast Plague debuff prevents Post Mortem effect on kills.
Mechanics Using items or abilities while moving causes demigod to stop and begin auto-attacking nearby units.
Other Achievements which span multiple matches do not record progress correctly.
Other Desync or match end midway through replay (did not occur in actual match).
Other Game results include players who joined and left prior to game start.
Other In-game elapsed time does not match grace period for no stats reporting.
Other Oculus moves very slowly when selected with Ball Lightnings.
Other Ping times spike randomly for some users.
Other Ventrilo may cause crashing during load screen.
Other "Unable to create Direct3D", solved by manually changing resolution in the game.prefs (or just deleting it)
UI Demigod selection list in single tournament and achievements screens have no scrollbars.
UI Health bar scaling varies with zoom level.
UI Join/Part messages in lobby use host's localization rather than local user's.
UI Minion summoning buttons vanish/break under certain circumstances when selling Monk idols.
UI Replay interface does not update correctly on watched player death/changing watched player.
UI Rollover Data Error on tooltip of flags while being captured by enemy team in fog of war.
UI War Score display at citadel shows average of both sides, rather than owner's own score.
UI Weapon stats do not update when modal demigods change forms. (#22)
UI Mouse cursor sticking, may be related to DPI settings. (unconfirmed)

These are the items on our list that we???re working with GPG with to address.

+912 Karma | 126 Replies
April 26, 2010 7:54:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who says anything about supporting it? SupCom didn't support the like 3 mods it came with.

April 28, 2010 2:48:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just fix your crappy servers, or let people play without having to be connected to them.

April 28, 2010 7:38:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Duff_Beer,
Just fix your crappy servers, or let people play without having to be connected to them.
That's a strange statement . The servers provide the online multiplayer service of Demigod. Without them your only option is to use LAN mode for direct connections with or without Hamachi.

April 29, 2010 5:47:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please fix the bug where if you buy Demigod now after the 1.2 update you have no access to occulus and demon assassin.

April 30, 2010 11:51:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Grifthin,
Please fix the bug where if you buy Demigod now after the 1.2 update you have no access to occulus and demon assassin.

May 7, 2010 2:09:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorian just posted in his blog (http://soriandev.blogspot.com/) the following:

"I have also spent a good chunk of this week working on Demigod fixes. Apparently Stardock has sent us a list of bugs they would like to see fixed, and I am happy to oblige. It gives me a reason to kick some AI butt with Demon Assassin on work hours. I did manage to fix a bug that has been bothering me since the last patch, which is nice. As per usual, I don't have a time frame. I am hoping a build gets put together tomorrow and then it will have to go through Stardock QA."

Looks like we really are going to get an update soon!

May 7, 2010 2:54:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Abimilech,

"I have also spent a good chunk of this week working on Demigod fixes. Apparently Stardock has sent us a list of bugs they would like to see fixed, and I am happy to oblige. It gives me a reason to kick some AI butt with Demon Assassin on work hours. I did manage to fix a bug that has been bothering me since the last patch, which is nice. As per usual, I don't have a time frame. I am hoping a build gets put together tomorrow and then it will have to go through Stardock QA."

That be some great news!

May 7, 2010 3:52:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 7, 2010 8:38:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Abimilech,

Sweet crackers!  Good stuff. 

May 8, 2010 1:23:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ONE FIX TO RULE THEM ALL!

Solution to health stacking, etc:

Allow bearer to wear only one of each type of equipment (armor, helmet, boots, and gloves and non consumable trinkets) You cannot wear 5 pieces of armor, 6 pairs of boots in real life, why in the game? Not only does it cause huge balance problems (Health stacking), it is ridiculous in concept too. Does anyone agree? Fix it.

May 8, 2010 1:26:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Telpeurion,

Allow bearer to wear only one of each type of equipment (armor, helmet, boots, and gloves and non consumable trinkets) You cannot wear 5 pieces of armor, 6 pairs of boots in real life, why in the game? Not only does it cause huge balance problems (Health stacking), it is ridiculous in concept too. Does anyone agree? Fix it.

This is a BALANCE change, not a fix.

However, I agree with it. Its a very good idea to balance the game's items.

"Successful Troll is Successful"

May 8, 2010 1:35:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I may not recall correctly, but wasn't it that way in the beta?

May 8, 2010 1:55:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Telpeurion,

This was argued to death when the game first came out, I even remember it and it was a year ago. It was decided that the game isn't realistic in any other way, it's not as if the items you buy are represented on the characters in any way. The "type" of item (armor, helmet etc) were chosen to signify what the item does (helmets for mana, armor for health etc) this was a game usability decision so that players could easily recognize and find items that did what they wanted.

No other DotA derivative game has such a restriction, why people think that Demigod for some reason needs this feature I do not know. Perhaps the solution to health stacking is not to reduce the ability to health stack but to make the other items more powerful as to make NOT health stacking a viable choice. In DotA for example you can get the same item 6 times if you really want, you already can't do this in Demigod as a use of restriction to enforce "balance". These restrictions ultimately just end up hindering your choices in game and the flexibility of the game.

Imagine if you really could only wear one helmet, the entire game would change:

• Consider Demigod's that don't need Mana much, having a helmet for them would be pointless. This would effectively restrict them to only 2-3 items. Not a whole lot of choice there.
  • As such, you would need to re-engineer every item slot so that helmets did more than just give mana so that slots were not wasted.
  • Once you have rebalanced the items, there would be health available for every slot and you could health stack anyway.

If you are really suggesting that you want even less choice in your item selections, then I doubt you have really thought that much into the implications.

The REAL solution to health stacking is to make other items more viable and useful, or to make health items less effective. A restriction on only one item of each time is a solution that only hurts the game by not allowing combination's of items that work well together. Not to mention that Stardock/GPG would never put the time and money into re-engineering the entire item structure. If we're lucky we could get some balance fixes perhaps, but what you are talking of is time consuming and wouldn't address the real issue whatsoever.

May 8, 2010 5:05:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The REAL solution to health stacking is to make other items more viable and useful, or to make health items less effective. A restriction on only one item of each time is a solution that only hurts the game by not allowing combination's of items that work well together. Not to mention that Stardock/GPG would never put the time and money into re-engineering the entire item structure. If we're lucky we could get some balance fixes perhaps, but what you are talking of is time consuming and wouldn't address the real issue whatsoever.

FALSE! If we improve damage-per-second items to a point where they are better/equal-to health items we would see not only damage improve, but overall health DROP as people stack hp less and damage more. End result is duels and skirmishes become quick-draws where overextending can happen in an instant. Monks and Sigils become less and less effective at keeping you alive as well, further increasing the death-count that occurs in a game. 

Imagine if everyone in the game had easy access to both Mageslayer and Akshandor. Crazy amounts of damage-dealing items that take up two slots... everyone would stack those, limiting the amount of HP they could have. It would result on two people right-clicking each other and whoever got a 4x crit wins the duel. 

If you want to improve damage-per-second items the best way to do so is to give it survivability benefits that aren't as straightforward as MOAR HP! Lifesteal, evasion, movement speed, armor, large amounts of health-per-second. All of those benefits can be incorporated into existing items to improve the wearer's survivability thereby allowing them to stay in the fight, dealing more damage. 

May 8, 2010 1:42:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did I mention anywhere that we should only improve DPS items? Perhaps you should actually read my arguments before declaring them false as I think we may have similar views. My argument was that restricting items to one of each type was completely pointless in solving the actual Health Stacking issue. You seem to be arguing something else entirely.

May 9, 2010 4:45:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Having only one of each item forces you to not only consider other favor items for example, but it also makes going to the shop a more interesting proposition. Instead of armor "stacking" you'd be upgrading to the armor piece, similar to how it works with monks ---> bishops.

There are plenty of items that you would never consider in a normal game that WOULD be effective if items were restricted to one per class.

May 14, 2010 4:05:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Buying one of each item wouldn't solve the hp stacking problem. It would just make the gear diversity narrower in most games imo.

Armor: standard best item you can buy with most hp/armor gain.
Boots: unbreakable boots
Gloves: wraps slayers (I hate buying dmg gloves but X2 dmg and +10 hp makes it the prefer choice if I have too)
trinkets: Narmoths ring
helmet: some mana helm (Waste for me since I usually go BOTS builds)

w/ botf favor item

Boom! Restricted but still efficient hp build which I would argue is better then most gear you could buy with this method.

Anyways what is wrong with hp stacking? Makes fights last longer and rely on your dg skills and timing.  Do you really want to play an AF reg that much?

May 14, 2010 8:01:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Karebears,
Buying one of each item wouldn't solve the hp stacking problem. It would just make the gear diversity narrower in most games imo.

Armor: standard best item you can buy with most hp/armor gain.
Boots: unbreakable boots
Gloves: wraps slayers (I hate buying dmg gloves but X2 dmg and +10 hp makes it the prefer choice if I have too)
trinkets: Narmoths ring
helmet: some mana helm (Waste for me since I usually go BOTS builds)

w/ botf favor item

Boom! Restricted but still efficient hp build which I would argue is better then most gear you could buy with this method.

Anyways what is wrong with hp stacking? Makes fights last longer and rely on your dg skills and timing.  Do you really want to play an AF reg that much?

You are right, the way to fix this is to make only 1 of each item purchasable in each shop. (except for consumables)

eg: You buy Nimoth and nobody else can from that shop.

May 14, 2010 8:44:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Wow... that sounds like the best idea I have ever heard...

May 17, 2010 5:20:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UhelligGudn,

Quoting LORD-ORION,
reply 118

I just want to make your sarcasm even more pronounced so the people that do not have a sarcasm radar understand you. 

The way to make items more viable is to make them more useful and not destroy hp stacking by the LIMITING OF CHOICES in items.

Basically taking the useless items like Platemail of the Crusader,Vinling Helm, Assassins Footgaurds, Ironwalkers, Desperate boots, and all of the gloves and a few trinkets and INCREASING the values that they give the wearer to a competitive level with the other items.

Favor items also need to be looked at but I am sure this patch wont address either balancing items or favor items. This patch will more than likely focus on fixing bugs like Oculus's brainstorm not working properly instead of any sort of balancing.

May 18, 2010 8:35:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,

Quoting UhelligGudn, reply 119

Quoting LORD-ORION,
reply 118

I just want to make your sarcasm even more pronounced so the people that do not have a sarcasm radar understand you. 

The way to make items more viable is to make them more useful and not destroy hp stacking by the LIMITING OF CHOICES in items.

Basically taking the useless items like Platemail of the Crusader,Vinling Helm, Assassins Footgaurds, Ironwalkers, Desperate boots, and all of the gloves and a few trinkets and INCREASING the values that they give the wearer to a competitive level with the other items.

Favor items also need to be looked at but I am sure this patch wont address either balancing items or favor items. This patch will more than likely focus on fixing bugs like Oculus's brainstorm not working properly instead of any sort of balancing.

But how could you not take more items in the shop in a 4vs4 if only 1 of each item can be on each team. You'd have to learn to use them. "Ah man, Sabatons! If only I laned better"

Regardless, my real position has always been many of the items cost way too much money. Once you get over 1750, it's hard to justify the cost for something that doesn't give you life or mana when cit upgrades are also necessary.

eg: If theurgist cap was 1500, might you think about taking it if you are playing a minion build? You'd obviously still take unbreakable over it, but really, why are you going to consider an item that does not give you life or mana, and costs far more then the life or mana items that you so despeartely need.

What about warlord's punisher? 1250? You might actually be able to afford it when it can make a difference. At the beginning of the game.

Forest band. 750? 600? Would you use it as a temporary pickup item if you had spare change after buying unbreakable after your 1st shop visit? It can make a difference when you are pushing towers with early minions before they get strong/numerous enough.

Sabatons. 200? (banded, sabaton and TP/potion at start)

Duelists/Vengeance: 1500 each too? Would that be competitive with Nimoth depending on which DG you are using?

List goes on etc... but for items, it's easy to buff some of the expensive items too much accidentally, so the game becomes even more slippery slope for the people who have more money. Probably best to lower prices of the current items instead of improving them, to make them competitive with the typical choices.

May 19, 2010 6:11:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Give me Spell Dmg/Spell Resist and I'm a happy camper.

July 29, 2010 7:06:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

An auto balance button would also be nice.  Just saying.

July 29, 2010 7:08:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought this thread was dead.

Oops, nevermind that

That would be all.

July 29, 2010 7:11:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_DD-shred_demon,
An auto balance button would also be nice.  Just saying.

I'm already positive it would not work.

GPG's coders tried to write Hello World once and it came out Goodbye World. Seriously, nothing they right works 100% the way it should.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000656   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.