The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

April 2010 2v2 Demigod Community Tournament - Rules and Registration

By on April 6, 2010 10:46:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

DG Community - we are in the process of organizing a Demigod 2v2 tournament.  This tournament is open to all that would like to participate, but does require that you follow this thread for updates, etc, as the majority of the communications including brackets will be published here. 

This thread will provide the latest tournament rules, 2 man teams that have registered, and individuals that are looking to be a part of a team but do not currently have a partner.  If you'd like to participate and don't have a team, indicate so here.  Then, make efforts either in this thread or via pm to form your own team. If you are unable to form a two man team, don't worry.  All of the individuals that have indicated that they'd like to participate and were not successful at forming a 2-man team will be randomly placed into teams on the cut off date.

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

Tournament Rules:

• You may only select characters as indicated in the grid below:

• Each match in the tournament will be the best 2 out of 3 games
  • All matches will be played on cataract with default settings (the only exceptions being AI HP on Very High and AI Gold/XP on low)
  • After teams are formed, they will be randomly placed into a bracket to determine who will fight who.  Everything will be random initially in round 1.  In the following rounds, the winners from one game will play the winners from another based on location in the bracket starting from the top on to the bottom.
  • Each team will play 1 round on light side, then 1 round on dark side.  If there is a 3rd round, the team that had the fastest win in game 1 or 2 gets to pick the side they want to be on (keep in mind the following rule).  
  • The team that is on the dark side must pick their characters and ready up first.  Then the light gets to pick and the dark side does not have a chance to adjust their characters. 
  • To track your wins, you must do the following - post the replay at gamereplays.org.  If you have issues with gamereplays, upload the file to rapid share and provide us with a link.  Also, provide a link to the match in the pantheon and let me know if its a win or loss.  The winning team should do this for each and every match.
  • UberFix 1.02 must be used (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/374315) UberFix is a mod that simply fixes many of the bugs in Demigod.  Check the modding forum for everything that is fixed by UberFix 1.02. 

How will we handle crashes:

If there is a game crash, the players involved in that match should see if they can come to a consensus on the probable outcome of the match.  If there is no clear winner, the 2 teams should replay the match using the exact same demigods and sides (light/dark).  If there was a clear winner at that point in the game, then that team should be awarded the win.  If the 2 teams disagree on the outcome, a third party will review the replay of the match and render a decision.  Be aware that the 3rd party must agree that a specific team was going to win or the results will be thrown out and the match redone.

How we will handle invalid game states:

The lastgamereplay file is still created in the event of an invalid game state, so it is still possible to review the results of a match.  In the event of an invalid game state, players should attempt to resolve the issue exactly the same way as game crashes.  If you believe foul play occurred, submit the replay along with any screen shots, etc, as evidence and we will review.  If there is a CLEAR consensus that a team is willingly triggering invalid game states, that team should be disqualified after a thorough review of the facts. Please be reasonable, though.  We all know that Demigod has its bugs and its still pretty easy to encounter an invalid game state even if no one has intentionally triggered it.  If your game does crash, it might be advisable to take a screen shot of the crash as proof.

Also be aware that we know invalid game states can occur without any foul play.

Prizes:

Outside of prestige in our small community, there is also a cash prize thanks to community contributions.

Currently, the total amount pledged for this tournament is $199.95.  Of that $199.95, I have received $99.95.  If you would like to contribute to the pot, please pm me and I'll get you the needed info to send me a payment.  If individuals do not come through on their pledges, I will not be personally covering the difference.  My goal is to collect the pledged amount before the tournament starts and I will be providing updates as I receive the pledged money.

Please thank our contributors and consider contributing to the prize yourself.

Bracket: 

Round 1a/1b results are here:  http://forums.impulsedriven.com/380837

+161 Karma | 508 Replies
April 23, 2010 8:01:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey guys if u dont mind me being sub for NeVeR-FuCkWiT-aRoOk (achilles). Its look like his teamate dump him

So what u say?

April 23, 2010 8:37:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting NeVeR-FuCKWiT-aOaK,
Hey guys if u dont mind me being sub for NeVeR-FuCkWiT-aRoOk (achilles). Its look like his teamate dump him

So what u say?

I actually think that will be fun and you guys would make a good team, but we still should give hax the benefit of the doubt of a few more days.  If he hasn't responded by, say Sunday at midnight, then I think that's fair and you can take over for hax, irek. 

April 24, 2010 2:20:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting NeVeR-FuCKWiT-aOaK,

So what u say?

You better take good care of him, or else I will hunt you down.

April 24, 2010 11:43:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Got a couple of questions:

Are dc's treated the same say as crashes? Unfortunately the internet I have to use is not very good and I do dc sometimes. It's not that likely I dc in a particular game, but the chance is certainly there. It says if there was no clear winner, the match should be replayed. What if say I dc and the other team had a really small lead like 200 war score or something like that, or 1 kill lead, could they just say they would have won?

Also, how do you know if someone is using the uberfix 1.02 or not,

April 25, 2010 3:26:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What if say I dc and the other team had a really small lead like 200 war score or something like that, or 1 kill lead, could they just say they would have won?

If the difference was very slight, then there would be no clear winner imo.  Its really a matter of reviewing individual cases as needed.  Keep in mind that if, for instance, I review mutliple games from the same team because they required a judge, I'm aware that crap keeps happening with your team.  If I think any foul play is taking place, you might end up disqualified.  I'm pretty reasonable, but if your team needs reviews on every single match, I'm going to be paying attention.  Bottom line, its a case by case basis.

Are dc's treated the same say as crashes?

That could get a little dicey, but I'd say, yes, generally speaking.  The goal with our invalid gamestate/crashing rule is so that teams that could have won don't lose because demigod can be unstable.  That's a lousy way to get knocked out of a tournament (because your teammate crashed and you would have won, etc).

Also, how do you know if someone is using the uberfix 1.02 or not,

I don't think we can know, to be honest.  Thats on the players in the game to ensure.  Let's just make a general rule that you can't call it quits in game because you realize uberfix isn't on.  Its on everyone playing to check before the game starts that uberfix is enabled.  We won't throw any matches out simply because the team joining couldn't take the 1 second required to check if uberfix is enabled before joining.  We would disqualify if a team that is hosting REFUSES to use uberfix or abide by the rules of the tourney. 

April 25, 2010 3:43:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^I suppose it's kinda assumed but all matches are held on cata right? If both teams agree on another map is that fine?

April 25, 2010 3:47:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^I suppose it's kinda assumed but all matches are held on cata right? If both teams agree on another map is that fine?

Again with me being a stickler for rules - all matches must be on cata.  3rd rule in the list. 

April 25, 2010 3:56:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

must be cata. That's a rule for sure. Go pacov~

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.