April 2010 2v2 Demigod Community Tournament - Rules and Registration

By on April 6, 2010 10:46:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+183

DG Community - we are in the process of organizing a Demigod 2v2 tournament.  This tournament is open to all that would like to participate, but does require that you follow this thread for updates, etc, as the majority of the communications including brackets will be published here. 

This thread will provide the latest tournament rules, 2 man teams that have registered, and individuals that are looking to be a part of a team but do not currently have a partner.  If you'd like to participate and don't have a team, indicate so here.  Then, make efforts either in this thread or via pm to form your own team. If you are unable to form a two man team, don't worry.  All of the individuals that have indicated that they'd like to participate and were not successful at forming a 2-man team will be randomly placed into teams on the cut off date.

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

Tournament Rules:

• You may only select characters as indicated in the grid below:

• Each match in the tournament will be the best 2 out of 3 games
  • All matches will be played on cataract with default settings (the only exceptions being AI HP on Very High and AI Gold/XP on low)
  • After teams are formed, they will be randomly placed into a bracket to determine who will fight who.  Everything will be random initially in round 1.  In the following rounds, the winners from one game will play the winners from another based on location in the bracket starting from the top on to the bottom.
  • Each team will play 1 round on light side, then 1 round on dark side.  If there is a 3rd round, the team that had the fastest win in game 1 or 2 gets to pick the side they want to be on (keep in mind the following rule).  
  • The team that is on the dark side must pick their characters and ready up first.  Then the light gets to pick and the dark side does not have a chance to adjust their characters. 
  • To track your wins, you must do the following - post the replay at gamereplays.org.  If you have issues with gamereplays, upload the file to rapid share and provide us with a link.  Also, provide a link to the match in the pantheon and let me know if its a win or loss.  The winning team should do this for each and every match.
  • UberFix 1.02 must be used (http://forums.demigodthegame.com/374315) UberFix is a mod that simply fixes many of the bugs in Demigod.  Check the modding forum for everything that is fixed by UberFix 1.02. 

How will we handle crashes:

If there is a game crash, the players involved in that match should see if they can come to a consensus on the probable outcome of the match.  If there is no clear winner, the 2 teams should replay the match using the exact same demigods and sides (light/dark).  If there was a clear winner at that point in the game, then that team should be awarded the win.  If the 2 teams disagree on the outcome, a third party will review the replay of the match and render a decision.  Be aware that the 3rd party must agree that a specific team was going to win or the results will be thrown out and the match redone.

How we will handle invalid game states:

The lastgamereplay file is still created in the event of an invalid game state, so it is still possible to review the results of a match.  In the event of an invalid game state, players should attempt to resolve the issue exactly the same way as game crashes.  If you believe foul play occurred, submit the replay along with any screen shots, etc, as evidence and we will review.  If there is a CLEAR consensus that a team is willingly triggering invalid game states, that team should be disqualified after a thorough review of the facts. Please be reasonable, though.  We all know that Demigod has its bugs and its still pretty easy to encounter an invalid game state even if no one has intentionally triggered it.  If your game does crash, it might be advisable to take a screen shot of the crash as proof.

Also be aware that we know invalid game states can occur without any foul play.

Prizes:

Outside of prestige in our small community, there is also a cash prize thanks to community contributions.

Currently, the total amount pledged for this tournament is $199.95.  Of that $199.95, I have received $99.95.  If you would like to contribute to the pot, please pm me and I'll get you the needed info to send me a payment.  If individuals do not come through on their pledges, I will not be personally covering the difference.  My goal is to collect the pledged amount before the tournament starts and I will be providing updates as I receive the pledged money.

Please thank our contributors and consider contributing to the prize yourself.

Bracket: 

Round 1a/1b results are here:  http://forums.impulsedriven.com/380837

Locked Post 508 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 19, 2010 9:25:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HEY shred_demon + AbornExile, how do you guys like your tacos? Cuz you about to get served!

LMAO!

Teseer:  Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."

I stopped being able to understand that after the first sentence, but NUH UH!

April 19, 2010 9:43:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thundercles: Yah well, you know, thats just like your opinion, man

Teseer:  8 year olds, Dude. 

Edit: On the tournament - pacov, since it seems like things are still a bit up in the air let's go with the seeded chart.  I know you put a lot of work into the random and it's workable but we go seeded and all debate immediately stops and we can actually start playing. 

Also, I'm proud that even though the Demigod community is tiny we still know how internet drama works

April 19, 2010 10:33:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will say, I'm lovin the amount of shit-talk.

April 19, 2010 1:59:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for getting this together Pacov !  (and everything else that you do for the community)

I'll pledge $20 to the next tournament if it helps make it a reality.

Im looking forward to the match against maxsteel and seb.  It's going to be a tough one i think. 

Max plays one of the best DA's i've seen and does a damn fine job with the swap.  Hopefully he'll pick another demi lol.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like i will be able to show synn how to play QoT.  I was looking forward to that. 

Maybe next time!

J

April 19, 2010 2:58:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Last 10 days of april.

We better start this turnament or rename it to May Comunity Turnament

Be a big boy and swap Rawrrr team with Jongalt and XxXxAchillesxXxX team with Naur and get this thing going. That way we will have very well balanced round 2.

Or stack it even more (I dont think its possible) and change the name to Pacov Aprill turnament (sarcasm, but I get flamed for that anyway).

So yeah looks like changing 2 brackets is reallly the only thng thats stopping us from going right?

April 19, 2010 3:26:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The longer is delayed the better. Sadly, I get boned again and wont have internets till the 30th

April 19, 2010 3:37:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting jongalt26,

Unfortunately it doesn't look like i will be able to show synn how to play QoT.  I was looking forward to that. 

Maybe next time!

J

THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS, WHO NEEDS TO WAIT FOR SOME TOURNAMENT? WE CAN DO THIS WHEN I GET HOME!

April 19, 2010 3:38:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eh for me it's not that we're facing Janook / Magnus round one but rather that the expected really good games are so spread out and sporadic.  But I suppose for a quick fix, swapping Janook / Magnus, Orcun / Mcshane, or Kalel / myself down to the lower half would split things decently enough.  All of us have volunteered to even that out  

April 19, 2010 3:40:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, assuming I'm able to find a connection to get online, You best win that game Rawrrr so we can play.

April 19, 2010 3:54:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or bring Pacov + Trouser to the top half.  Swap Orcun and me with howboutnoo and grahf666 so we can beat hedgie and thunder in the first round instead of potentially the 3rd, then swap howbout's team with pacov and trouser. 

April 19, 2010 4:11:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zen_God,
I'm really excited about the tournament. I wonder how nervous people will be when they're actually playing for the real thing

For fun tournament I don't think it will be too nerve racking for anyone. The money is not a lot.

Should be a fun tourney though.

April 19, 2010 5:21:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov is going through a rough patch right now so it's understandable if he can't get back to all our concerns.

When I get home, I'll make my proposed brackets prettier so people will actually take it more seriously. If no one has any concerns with that one, we should just start it right away.

The brackets won't be as pretty as pacov's though.. I don't know what program he used. Hopefully he'll update it when he has time.

April 19, 2010 5:48:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He used Excel and took a screen shot.

April 19, 2010 5:51:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-NinkiCZ,
pacov is going through a rough patch right now so it's understandable if he can't get back to all our concerns.

When I get home, I'll make my proposed brackets prettier so people will actually take it more seriously. If no one has any concerns with that one, we should just start it right away.

The brackets won't be as pretty as pacov's though.. I don't know what program he used. Hopefully he'll update it when he has time.

That sounds more like the Ninki I know and love.  Just got back from the funeral of a family member, so that has made me a little more sensitive and been on my mind quite a bit of late. 

Anyway, my goal with this tournament has been to push things along, but without a doubt, this is a community tournament.  So while I might be doing a bit of the heavy lifting getting things launched, I am certainly not the guy with the final say so (unless, of course, I make a decision and the community pretty well backs it up).  I was a bit frustrated with any accusation towards me of foul play with the brackets generation.  Generally, taking my time and trying to pull this together is somewhat thankless, but its even worse if not only is it thankless, but people are treating you like an asshole from creating brackets and randomly getting a favorable position.  I certainly do appreciate those of you that decided not to throw me under the bus though.

Anyway, I'll redo the brackets yet again based on ninki's request.  Then hopefully we can get this started without further delay. 

April 19, 2010 5:54:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there is no tacov1 on pantheon.

nm its tacoguyv1  ; O

The End.

April 19, 2010 5:56:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK.  I concede the match to shred and airborne.  I can give a litany of reason's but mainly we can not beat the two of the.  Well I can taco can not.

Plus he has not responded to any of my PM's or messages.

: )

The End. 

April 19, 2010 6:27:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok - so here is what I'm doing.  Per Ninki, apparently there was some sort of consensus reached - we'll have what appear to be the stronger teams in the second half of round 1. 

I'm also reconciling the change atma requested as he indicated that both kiamori and synnworld are unable to participate.  So, to be crystal clear - the team of synnworld + AtMa44x is dissolved.  The team of Ba294 + Kiamori is dissolved.  A new team is being formed - the team of AtMa44x + Ba294.  This reduces the total number of teams in our tournament by 1.

That said, I am not going to recreate our brackets to account for the missing team.  One additional team will simply get a bi-week in round 1.

So, as a result, I'm re-rolling the random location of teams, with a catch.  None of the teams that were deemed stronger (or those with tier 1s in them - however you want to look at it) by Ninki et al will be included in this roll.  Then, I'll re-roll the location of the stronger teams and they will randomly placed into the 2nd part of round 1.  I think that meets the criteria everyone requested. 

edit - also, someone check my math... I think the way the brackets are build require 1 tier 1 team to play in the first part of round 1.  Here's what I have.  Note that this puts cow + jaws in round 1 part 1. Unless there are big objections, this is what we'll run with.  I'll update the op later after I see if anyone loses their mind over this.

April 19, 2010 6:42:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^Thanks pacov, it's a much better bracket.

How come cow and jaws isn't part of the "white" group? That way you have one tier 1 team in each colour.

I'm just anal though, it's not a big deal.

April 19, 2010 6:45:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Crap. I was really counting on that pass to get my internet in working order.

April 19, 2010 6:48:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^I don't think Kalel & RAWRRRR would mind switching with ya if that's the case.

April 19, 2010 6:53:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hate being a pain in the ass. Falling on the rocks near the water and slicing my fingers up killed my money I had to get the interwebs back.

Fingers are healed enough to play...but I cant! WFUsdiofj239jf90sdf902fjiozsdlnfklASDMN*^&*(Y*()

April 19, 2010 6:58:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like it.  Also, ya I dont mind switching to first round in my bracket just so he has a littlle bit longer to fix his internet.  Wouldn't change much at all

April 19, 2010 6:59:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I appreciate it.

April 19, 2010 7:08:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^; <- is happy gets to knock out Orcun and whats-his-face

April 19, 2010 7:31:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What would that guy Orcun do if he were here today?

He'd hatch a plan and he'd follow through!  Thats what that guy Orcun'd do...

What would that guy Orcun do if he were here right now?

I'm sure he'd kick an ass or two!  Thats what that guy Orcun'd do...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.