The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Best 2v2 combos

By on April 3, 2010 3:33:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im fairly sure in 2v2 one of the more important factors is which of the teams has more complimentary demigods so I was wondering what people thought were the strongest combos of gods/builds.

my opinion was a sedna/oak combo would be nasty as it would be virtually impossible to land a kill against them with heal/shield being used together.

In 3v3 or bigger i run a hybrid tb build but Im not convinced by it in smaller games and am looking to get another demigod well practised for 2v2s

0 Karma | 18 Replies
April 3, 2010 3:53:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think most people would agree oak / ub is the best 2v2 combo.  Oak / erabus is nasty too tho.  

However, even the best 2v2 combo can lose to a tb / sedna or tb / qot (both situations I've been in as the tb through all random against decent players).  

April 3, 2010 3:55:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Amongst the most competitive players its usually oak and erb.  They can cover the most distance the fastest using Cloak of the night and/or batswarm.   In the tourney that's coming up, I plan on killing everyone with oak/reg.  I'm crazy though. 

If you want some history - the original FU combo was UB and sedna on prison.  A good ub/sedna combo meant u were owned.  Then, peeps didn't want to play prison.  Sed/UB aren't as good on cata in 2v2. Neither are Sed/Oak.  It really comes downt o waht you are tryin to pull.  Sed/tb are great on cata if you are speed building.  Anyway... just some thoughts.  There are lots of angles to think about. 

You just need to consider the map.  If its 2v2 and you REQUIRE both members of your team there to be awesome, then against a good team, you will lose flag control.  And you won't have as much experience. And as a result, oak/sedna will lose.  I don't have to kill my opponent to win.   I just need to not die and control the map.

April 3, 2010 12:04:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah i hadnt really considered cataract, i was more thinking maps like prison and crucible where is is harder to isolate a player from their team and the flags arent seperated out into lanes so much

i'll probably try and get good as oak for 2v2s, though the beast is a tempting option

April 3, 2010 2:53:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sed + Oak is very good Cata 2v2

Sed + TB is competitive because of how they cover eachothers' flaws

Ereb + Oak

Rook + Oak or Ereb

But, Sedna is basically neutered by a Rook, so can't use her against him.

If you notice, Oak is always one of the best demigods in 2v2. This is because he is a General, and he is weak early game, strong end game. 2v2 doesn't have a lot of brutal combat until the end-game which makes him an "optimal" choice. He also has minions which are quite strong in 2v2 games.

Beast can obviously be used with any general, pretty much a plug-and-play.

Rook is pretty damn strong 2v2 cata but at the same time ... raped by minions.

But, Oak + Ereb or Oak + Beast are the two most versatile demigod doubles that work together well, have few weakness and few really bad matchups.

April 3, 2010 2:58:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd love to try TB/Sed actually.

April 3, 2010 3:56:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Queen + Rook

April 4, 2010 1:06:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would hate to play vs a regulus and a beast in 2v2.

April 4, 2010 2:21:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd love to try TB/Sed actually.

get hedgie to play with you.  He's the best sed in the game and has team up alot with thunder in the past for exactly that combo.

April 4, 2010 9:24:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm down when I can pay for internetz.

April 4, 2010 10:09:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook + Oak or Rook + Ere. Peni or Bite, boulder then SLAM !!!!!!!!!!! and kaboum !!!!

April 4, 2010 10:31:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook / Sedna combo and Rook / Oak is pretty darn good if you ask me.

April 15, 2010 9:02:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tele Tower Rook + Oak is pretty damn awesome too on cata 2vs2.

April 15, 2010 9:58:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oak/UB

Oak/Erb is good too, but loses to Oak/UB.

April 15, 2010 10:05:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really enjoyed TB/LE. Worked fantastic back when me and my friend used to use it.

April 15, 2010 12:17:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, a combo that you really wouldn't think would be awesome but it quite powerful is da + erb.  bat swarm + swap is nasty for the quick ganks.  If someone is having a 1v1 fight and you port in as da and the player in the 1v1 starts to run, he ain't going no where. 

April 17, 2010 7:22:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On cataract i would say oak/ub or oak/sedna. On prison, oak/ub and sedna/ub. On Crucible  erebus/ub,Erebus/rook.

April 17, 2010 7:33:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But, Sedna is basically neutered by a Rook

Spayed.

April 18, 2010 10:45:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,

Spayed.
I lol'ed

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.