The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

NOOBS PLEASE READ

(NOT AN INSULT POST)

By on March 29, 2010 6:56:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New players, please, please, please take note! Don't jump in a game that has experienced players UNLESS your playing with them against A.I. I will be one of those players that will host a game to HELP you learn to play. OTHERWISE, you will have low win %, which I hate to say this, will keep other players from wanting to join your team in a server. So, don't play against experienced players (usually those with 50+ games). Ok? learn in single player or host/join a multiplayer AGAINST A.I.

PS- in case you don't know check player info. once you join a lobby BEFORE YOU CLICK READY. Click the player info tab usually in the right corner of lobby. It will tell you how many games the other team members have played.

Once you learn how to play the game THEN play the experienced players, it just takes time

I forgot to mention, that if you see me host a server I will play with you AGAINST A.I. and point out strategys while we play.

0 Karma | 13 Replies
March 29, 2010 10:29:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry, but noobs dont usually read the forums. But kudos for the warning.

March 30, 2010 6:54:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Karebears,
Sorry, but noobs dont usually read the forums. But kudos for the warning.

lol agree. Each time ppl say something about "noob" or to help them, there is no change.

April 5, 2010 9:55:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And another thing, don't play the Rook if you don't know how to, yeah he looks cool, but honestly, leave him to ppl who know how to be useful as him. I'm no pro myself, but I'd rather have a noob Erebus on my team than a slow, clumsy, hammer slamming Rook with a large sign on his back saying "FREE GOLD!" ...

April 5, 2010 10:05:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You know how all those good rook players got so good? They played the damn rook. They were not instantly good with him.

April 5, 2010 10:10:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
You know how all those good rook players got so good? They played the damn rook. They were not instantly good with him.
QFFT

As long as they do it in newb games.

April 5, 2010 10:23:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

Quoting synnworld, reply 4You know how all those good rook players got so good? They played the damn rook. They were not instantly good with him.QFFT
As long as they do it in newb games.

Seriously what do noobs learn from a newb game, absolutely nothing! Why, because everyone is making the same mistakes and no one who actually knows what they are doing is their to correct them or show them what they are doing wrong. Thus newbs either remain noobs or leave the game, and the experience population is getting less and less. 3/4 of the noobs still hold win percent as some kind of truth on how good a player really is. YOu'd be surprised how many 40 -50% players joined my game and go "Host kick 21% player so we can have an even game." Once the game started was suprised that they couldn't even touch me as queen, or was stupid enough to follow me way beyond my towers because I hasd 400 hp with tb, and didn't expect me to stop and hit them with a fire ball while they AA; and I get the kill.

April 5, 2010 11:02:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would advise new players to go and download Peppe's AI mod in the modding section.   While it won't prepare you for a good human player, it can be as good as a decent player when set to hard or nightmare difficulty. Also, get one of the UI mods so that you can see the inventory of human and AI teammates. 

Having seen a lot of noobish behaviors online, I firmly believe that there are certain demigods that new players just shouldn't play online unless they are playing against other noobs.  These include Rook and Queen, though I have seen some really bad UBs as well (mostly due to overconfidence, not fleeing in time, and not health stacking). 

In addition to pantheon and custom modes, the game really needs a practice mode where people can play online without getting wins or losses.  That would help new players more than anything else, without destroying their stats or confidence from the get-go.

April 5, 2010 11:17:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_hunger,
I would advise new players to go and download Peppe's AI mod in the modding section.   While it won't prepare you for a good human player, it can be as good as a decent player when set to hard or nightmare difficulty. Also, get one of the UI mods so that you can see the inventory of human and AI teammates. 

Having seen a lot of noobish behaviors online, I firmly believe that there are certain demigods that new players just shouldn't play online unless they are playing against other noobs.  These include Rook and Queen, though I have seen some really bad UBs as well (mostly due to overconfidence, not fleeing in time, and not health stacking). 

In addition to pantheon and custom modes, the game really needs a practice mode where people can play online without getting wins or losses.  That would help new players more than anything else, without destroying their stats or confidence from the get-go.

To get good with queen, and I do believe this to be true about rook as well; you must play the fuck out of the them. A lot of people don't play queen because they say she sucks. While she has a few problems, the main reason I believe people yells she suck is because she isn't as easy to adapt to as LE or UB is. You can jump onto those two and just throw points anywhere really, while with queen you can't be so free willy wiith her skill points, you have to be mineful of the distance between her and verus demigods. You have learn not to spam shield, but use it when it is most needed.

April 5, 2010 2:08:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol u can't throw points anywhere on UB  But I agree, QoT can be fine.. just wish that she would stay on target to actually get kills sometimes  Is that fixed in ubermod or anything?  bah

April 5, 2010 2:22:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol u can't throw points anywhere on UB

Not as much as oak, but if you pick random skills that aren't stats or bestial wrath, you'll do quite well.

April 12, 2010 12:21:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 to synnworld. 

New players need to play in order to get better.  Playing against AIs will only get you so far.  I just got this game and can hold my own against "hard" AI.  If I went against a real person, I'd get my ass handed back to me.  That's the way to learn though.

Thanks to Ohio_Farmer for the offer to help us get better.  +1 as well. 

April 12, 2010 6:22:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,

lol u can't throw points anywhere on UB

Not as much as oak, but if you pick random skills that aren't stats or bestial wrath, you'll do quite well.

And that's why I love Oak's balance. Every single skill tree has a purpose in at least 1 game mode and can be built around and used effectively. He has so many different builds, each which have pros and cons and can easily adapt to his opponents. 

Btw, Split, are you going to be playing in the upcoming tourney? You totally should 

April 12, 2010 10:19:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Me and split are doing a rook ub combo, Me being the rook.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.