The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

if you are a beginner read this!

By on March 28, 2010 4:57:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it just bugged me after one of these games so i felt like writing this.

if you only have a few games then dont bother join "no newbie", ">100" etc. games you will not play that game if the host doesnt suck.

first thing: we want you no harm by excluding you from a game but

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link

and as a beginner you are a very weak link.

dont try argueing like that:

"i got reset", "i reinstalled"

for your information: thats basically the same. so if you say "i reinstalled" youre implying that you have no clue how the system works -> beginner. the reset was MONTH ago. so if you have only a few games you play very rarely which means you propably dont fit in a game where people play that really know what they do or at least halfway know it.

"i often play with another account"

the ones that really do have another good account mostly dont want to play in no noob games with their noob-account. they have the noob-account for noob games and wont join. so dont bother saying that.

"IM NO NOOB, I SMASH YOU 1VS1"

thats mostly already ingame but it doesnt change that you need to improve your TEAMWORK skills. they dont matter in a 1vs1 so if you rock in a 1vs1 its not said you dont suck in a 3v3.

so if you ask yourself now: how can i become better? (thats at least what you really SHOULD think) here are some basics:

1. regulus is weak, a bad character to start. dont play him!

2. read the tips in the forum. theres a lot of crap out there but if you read something over and over again (perhaps somethink like REG IS BAD) then you can believe it

2. regulus sucks even more when someone plays him who doesnt exactly know how he can become halfway valuable.

3. the chars are good in this order:

really good: lord erebus - le, unclean beast - ub, oak

ok but not as good as the top three: rook, sedna, occulus

dont play these (!!!): queen of thorns - qot, torch bearer - tb, regulus, deamon assassin - da

oak is hard to play for a beginner because his early game is weak. the best character to begin with is lord erebus.

4. there are only a few items you should take at the beginning. there are certainly guides out there which item is good for what but follow this rule: hp is better than mana, mana is better than anything else. speed can be useful but remember: you want to fight, not run! so hp is the way to go if you want to win fights. damage is useless! dont take any damage or attackspeed items until very very late game (most games dont last that long). good items are: nimoth (!), unbreakable boots (!), vlemish, hauberk, plenor. for assassins: early game get banded (!), scalemail or scaled helm. generals: start with monks! no really! start with monks! no way around that... later on you can begin to experiment. on some maps you start with locks and teleports. that leads us to the next point

5. get teleport scrolls, flag locks and later sigils. you need to learn how to use them (means when). dont waste them! use teleports to save a teammate or get a kill. dont use it if the enemy gets away most certainly. dont lock a flag thats not being contested (there are exceptions but only a few) after level 5 always run around with at least one tp and one lock! not having them is a good reason to walk back to the shop. use sigil only if you know this will help you to survive or get the kill (even if you die AFTERWARDS). if you wont survive: die but dont waste your sigil. its 500 gold -> not cheap. BUT better using it and having needlessly spend 500 than not using it and giving the enemy almost 2000 gold for killing you.

6. dont walk back to the shop too often. you will miss xp and you are useless as long as youre not in the field.

7. this is not written in stone but there are not many cit upgrades that are really neccessary: fortified structures 1 - ffs, currency 1 - cur and the creeps line is very important. get first ffs, then cur1 then creeps. creeps at best not early game because they give xp and you dont want to be outleveled. priests do a lot damage and can help to take out towers but getting them too early can make the other team outlevel you! mostly you get them late almost with angels and cats. get catapults at warrank 8. period.

+4 Karma | 13 Replies
March 29, 2010 9:04:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 but beginner will stay beginner. People cant read. You start a game like 40%+ and ppl under 40% will join. Like 30%, 27%. You tell them... title said 45%+ and they start argueing witht the sentences u said. There are too much "noob", "beginner" in this game now. So, what can we expect ?

March 29, 2010 10:27:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First off stop promoting LE and UB already, games are not diverse enough as it is.

Secondly telling someone not to play a demigod makes you no better then the noobs jumping into pro games in my mind. Given the fact you aren't in the lobby and they are trying to do a combo that 3/4 of the time wont work. *cough*TB/REg, QoT/Occ/Reg*cough*.

My advise to noobs, pick a demigod you feel most confortable with and stick with them, study their mechanics, search this forum for every build out there on them. Play every game possible them, this is what I did with queen and this is what I did with TB. If someone doesn't want you to use that demigod then leave and find another game. I do advise people to not use queen personally, why? I mostly like being able to jump into 99.9% of the games and know no one will really pick her so she is always an option, unlike TB sadly. But, I will also advise users to go against the grain and enjoy the damn game, the way you want to enjoy it.

Quoting primz,
+1 but beginner will stay beginner. People cant read. You start a game like 40%+ and ppl under 40% will join. Like 30%, 27%. You tell them... title said 45%+ and they start argueing witht the sentences u said. There are too much "noob", "beginner" in this game now. So, what can we expect ?

So sue me, I was 21% and join 60%, 70% game titles.

Edit

But the path I took to learn the demigods I wanted, required me to and I was very willing to sacrifice the win percent crap for a better feel of the to. Also putting myself in games where I had quite a bi of disadvantages. One use to be facing premades with Queen and noob pugs and everyone knows Queen + noob teammates = YOU WIN? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

March 30, 2010 6:57:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,

Happy for you if the host keep you in.

March 30, 2010 9:19:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting primz,

Quoting synnworld, reply 2

Happy for you if the host keep you in.
If they don't, big deal then.  I have been in games where I completely owned, the same host makes another game and I'm kicked from it T.T

March 31, 2010 1:37:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting synnworld,
First off stop promoting LE and UB already...My advise to noobs, pick a demigod you feel most confortable with and stick with them

So I should just wait around for the Demon Slayer to be not greyed out?

No really. Why am I FORCED to pick the Rook? What is that about? This fat ass is a joke.

March 31, 2010 9:55:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Alexious,

Quoting synnworld, reply 2First off stop promoting LE and UB already...My advise to noobs, pick a demigod you feel most confortable with and stick with them
So I should just wait around for the Demon Slayer to be not greyed out?

No really. Why am I FORCED to pick the Rook? What is that about? This fat ass is a joke.
What the hell are you talking about

April 3, 2010 2:52:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I gotta agree with synnworld... finding a demigod you are happy playing is more important than playing ub, le or oak... ive got about 60 games online and most of those have been as tb for one simnple reason... he suits the way i want to play, im more use playing a tb im vaguely competant at than picking a stronger demigod that i cant play with, and i have tried playing all of them

April 3, 2010 2:59:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[troll removed]

April 3, 2010 3:00:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting theantidave,
I gotta agree with synnworld... finding a demigod you are happy playing is more important than playing ub, le or oak... ive got about 60 games online and most of those have been as tb for one simnple reason... he suits the way i want to play, im more use playing a tb im vaguely competant at than picking a stronger demigod that i cant play with, and i have tried playing all of them

TB4L!

Good man.

April 3, 2010 3:01:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[troll removed]

April 3, 2010 3:03:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[troll removed]

April 3, 2010 3:08:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol on thymalus

April 3, 2010 3:11:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds pretty butthurt.

BTW: Tampons don't go in your ass. Please rectify (Note: not rectumfy)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.