The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

My Solution for Cable/Clutter Organization

By on March 26, 2010 6:07:35 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

One of the things I really can’t stand about my office is the mess of cables that are clearly visible to whomever walks by my desk.  As much as I have tried to clean and consolidate the cables, it still left a mess.

My solution was to take a trip to IKEA and pickup this cable management rack I saw on Lifehacker.

cable_organization_01

Installation just takes a few minutes, and then you have a nice cable rack where you can route and wrap cables around.

cable_organization_02

With this I ran the cables from my printer and Windows Home Server and pulled other cables together and got them off the floor.  Now it is much, much cleaner and organized.  For just $10, this really is an easy and cost-effective way of cleaning up your office.

+428 Karma | 38 Replies
March 29, 2010 10:53:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wireless monitors exist.

Wireless power, however, would be extremely dangerous. Electricity may be shooting through the air, but hey, no wires! Priorities, man!

My wireless internet is incredibly stable from the other side of my house. Wired internet is a bit faster, but it's not necessary.

March 29, 2010 11:44:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hint....wireless Monitors aren't going to happen...

I guess You haven't heard about this yet..... Link .....it's only a matter of time!

The TV will still need to be powered...like I said, the only cables visible are to the monitor and speakers each side...

March 30, 2010 12:34:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The TV will still need to be powered...

Link ........Hey, You never know!

March 30, 2010 12:53:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Link ........Hey, You never know!

Now you're just getting silly.

Why not simply use a laptop with NO peripherals at all and be done with it....

March 30, 2010 1:31:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Now you're just getting silly.

Why not simply use a laptop with NO peripherals at all and be done with it...

I do......although I kinda run into a problem when trying to charge the darn thing...........

March 30, 2010 6:43:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I do......although I kinda run into a problem when trying to charge the darn thing...........

Go solar, my lad....go solar....

March 30, 2010 8:59:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

....black zip ties FTW

Keyboard is bluetooth

I had a nice Logitech bluetooth setup but I had serious issues with the keyboard keeping up with my typing. I'd sit down and type a paragraph only to look up and see every 2nd or 3rd  word missing letters. Maybe the technology will improve over time but for now I'll stick with the wires....

wireless internet is bad, gaint eithernet cord wins.

I've got a wireless N router and wireless N on my notebook and "Media" computer.....300 Mbps

the wired Lan on my Desktop only operates at 100 Mbps (but I could get it up to 1000 with different hardware)

March 30, 2010 10:48:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Go solar, my lad....go solar...

-----> .....Now You're on to something! 

I had a nice Logitech bluetooth setup but I had serious issues with the keyboard keeping up with my typing. I'd sit down and type a paragraph only to look up and see every 2nd or 3rd word missing letters. Maybe the technology will improve over time but for now I'll stick with the wires....

I have the Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX and I've been wanting to get one of their Unifying keyboards to go with it, when I get it I'll let You know......I'm satisfied with the mouse.......although I wouldn't recommend it for use on blankets, it does live up to it's claims and works really well on most hard surfaces. My next mouse will probably be the Marathon Mouse M705, it seems to have all the features of the Anywhere Mouse MX with the exception of the Darkfield laser ( which I can't use on blankets ) and the larger price tag. I think Zubaz might have that same keyboard BTW....

March 30, 2010 12:49:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I had a nice Logitech bluetooth setup but I had serious issues with the keyboard keeping up with my typing. I'd sit down and type a paragraph only to look up and see every 2nd or 3rd word missing letters.

I want one of those cordless or bluetooth keyboards that'll type 150wpm off voice commands... it'd beat the heck out of my one fiinger typing. Yeah, it'd be nice just to sit back and watch the keys depressing all by themselves, like those self-playing pianos in the old westerns.

March 30, 2010 6:17:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would like to try the Apple mighty mouse.

March 30, 2010 7:03:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I would like to try the Apple mighty mouse.

Or their Pixie and Dixie edition... a one button meece for each hand... so's left and right clicks don't get confusing???

March 30, 2010 11:32:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I had a nice Logitech bluetooth setup but I had serious issues with the keyboard keeping up with my typing. I'd sit down and type a paragraph only to look up and see every 2nd or 3rd word missing letters. Maybe the technology will improve over time but for now I'll stick with the wires....

Mine's a Logitech DiNovo Edge ....cost a shitload of dosh but I haven't any issue with 'keeping up with typing'....though that is just as likely due to me using 2 fingers only...

Main thing is...it has a darn good mechanical action, unlike MOST common keyboards...

April 1, 2010 9:25:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The Mighty Mouse is actually very good.  Not having a mechanical wheel and such is nice.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.