The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Possible cheaters..

By on March 26, 2010 1:34:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just played a 3v3 game, teams were me, stratavarious, AzureNights vs. bronayne, Zen_God, Kollecktir

So in the beginning we were crushing them, and as the game got a little further, bronayne started to lag vigorously, until the game got basically unplayable.

but THEY got speed items, so they could easily escape and avoid the lag, while my team didn't (i was rook with 5.4 speed which made it a lot worse too, while their tb (the lagger) had at least +40% movement speed). so then after a while tides started to change, 1 game minute was like 5 minutes..

we kept saying stuff in all chat but they NEVER responded (bronayne said "im not doing it on purpose" when we started getting pissed off, but that was it)

so at around 40-45 mins or something strat tried to make the game lag too i think, so he started lagging and then bam both bron and strat lagged out. they had both ports capped so game was over then..

NOW, I'm not making any accusations..but it's a little fishy and really ticked off my teammates and I, especially when they were ignoring us in ALL chat, so I'd at least like an explanation by other team

here's the game:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/1314879/player/36076/

here's the replay:

http://www.gamereplays.org/demigod/replays.php?game=51&show=details&id=116660

+3 Karma | 11 Replies
March 26, 2010 1:53:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bronayne is someone I've only seen in clan GM the last 1 or 2 nights.  I haven't spoken with, so I have no idea. 

But -and its a big BUT - I really don't think there's a strat out there to force lag the game and then buy all speed items for a slight advantage.  There's no doubt that some individuals have intentionally choosen max out their bandwidth to slow demigod down (i've bumped into a few that have admitted to doing exactly that), but in my experience, its always been to essentially force a "pause" in the game (as in NOTHING happens).  Then, after X minutes, the jerk that forced the lag/pause resumes after everyone else has left the game and then gets a win.  So, just based on what you've said, I'd wager it was some guy that one of the GM members knows that had a shite connection for X reason.  I personally don't think someone was pulling bs.  But, I'm confident someone in GM could address this.

And - my thought is, if someone from clan pacov was causing extreme lag in a game, my clan should take the loss by conceding or at the very least have the lagging teammate drop if its still horrible after 2-3 minutes.  Not the other team after being forced to deal with the excessive lag.  That's a rule that GM should agree on though.

March 26, 2010 2:00:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe homie was messing up his connection on purpose, but maybe not.  I've quit playing DG cause my internet connection has become increasingly unstable where I live.  Sometimes I DC, sometimes I start lag spiking... and sometimes this happens when our team is losing which I'm sure looks pretty bad.

March 26, 2010 2:04:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes I actually asked them to please concede/quit at the end of the game since it was so unfair and boring, and they didn't say anything (this was when bronayne and strat had lagged out so there was no lag anymore).

They even made sure they didn't capture every flag, to ensure no invalid gamestate, which would have been completely fair.

yea i was sort of exaggerating the speed stuff. zen was eb so he's fast and kollect was ub so he's pretty fast too. tb got swift anklet i think, before lag started. HOWEVER, after lag started, tb (bron) started stacking speed, that's when he got super super fast.

so i guess it maybe was not intentional (as i said in post i wasn't accusing anyone, it's just sort of odd), but still bad sportsmanship

but if he had bad connection why hadn't the lag began from the beginning of the game? it started just as we were starting to pull away

edit: just saw thunder's post, so i guess the last thing could possibly not be true. but that's a lot of maybe's..

March 26, 2010 2:17:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They even made sure they didn't capture every flag, to ensure no invalid gamestate, which would have been completely fair.

i know u probably won't believe me, but there is no bug that triggers an invalid gamestate if the team captures all of the flags.  The same bug can be triggered by a single flag changing hands or any system event. 

Anyway, odds are it just came down to 1 guy having connection issues and instead of bowing out, chose to plow through it and forcing everyone to be subjected to his internet connection issues.   Obviously, the guys in GM would prefer to play it out to avoid the loss and the guy having the lag must have wanted to play it out, but its not cool imo.  I've had plenty of nights where I'm more than willing to put up with the lag to get a game in and plenty of nights where I'd simply concede or quit if it was over the top.  Anyway, I doubt foul play.

March 26, 2010 2:22:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

alright, fair enough. i believe u with the no bug causing invalid gamestate with flags anyway, i've never seen it really happen i've only heard about it. BUT the fact IS that they believed that there is a way to invalid gamestate and they could have at least tried to make no one receive a loss

March 26, 2010 4:27:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok well i feel like I must talk here. I have no idea who bronayne is and i have never seen him on vent but you can still ask the other GM . Concerning the 2 others, I know kollectir and he's a nice guy so i doubt he would do something like that and i also know zen and i'm pretty sure he doesn't cheat but his connection has been pretty bad lately

March 26, 2010 5:43:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can vouch for Zen_God being a legit player.  He's a very cool guy and I enjoy his company when playing.  While I do know him in any sort of formal matter, I do not forsee him using this sort of tactic.

Bronanye I cannot vouch for in the same matter.  I do believe I have played with him and did not encounter this problem. 

-CT

March 26, 2010 7:37:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am really sorry for lagging the game. Like I told you in the game I was not doing it on purpose, you can take my word for it or not, I don't really care. I was playing from my dorm room where the connection is shiat. From now on I come to the computer lab so you should not see this problem from me in the future. I really do apologize, but I didn't feel like explaining myself too much in the game as you just kept calling me a fag and telling me to kill myself and such.

March 26, 2010 7:39:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh no why would you post that replay, I died 11 times with erebus and kollectir was unkillable in the end with 11k hp and took the citadell down all by himself

Now for the lag, bronayne lives in a shitty dorm that has 26 floors. He is not going to play there anymore though.

PS: haha they are associating bronayne with GM

March 26, 2010 7:45:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bronayne,
I am really sorry for lagging the game. Like I told you in the game I was not doing it on purpose, you can take my word for it or not, I don't really care. I was playing from my dorm room where the connection is shiat. From now on I come to the computer lab so you should not see this problem from me in the future. I really do apologize, but I didn't feel like explaining myself too much in the game as you just kept calling me a fag and telling me to kill myself and such.

ok man, i believe you on some accounts. sure i believe ur lag was not on purpose..but i believe you did use it to your advantage once it started (since from there you bought tons of speed items), which was unsportsmanlike, you should have just quit. And i don't believe that you didn't feel like explaining yourself (as you had to do it on forum now and made it a much larger deal, while in-game it could've been much easier), it would've been the right thing to do and,  is it really that hard?

And telling you to KILL yourself? WHAT are you talking about? Neither me or my teammates ever said that, so please don't make up bullshit.
Sure we called you names but that's just because we were upset as it seemed the lag was intentional and no one was responding whatsoever

either way im not playing with you anymore

March 27, 2010 9:40:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Classic trick. When they are loosing, some ppl start to lag the game, or crash the lobby...so the game doesnt count. Maybe they were too much angry with the number of deaths. I guess the lag start when u got giant and u were on their citadel !!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.