The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked thread icon does not appear in My Replies list in (updated) Firefox

By on March 15, 2010 2:00:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thread looked open from My Replies list, but the main lists show the lock icon. Thread itself is definitely locked.

+159 Karma | 6 Replies
March 15, 2010 2:23:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Not sure if it's related but I've had the latest Firefox crash on me 5 times within a day. I went back to 3.5.8 and no problems or crashes now.

March 15, 2010 3:09:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting WebGizmos,
Not sure if it's related but I've had the latest Firefox crash on me 5 times within a day. I went back to 3.5.8 and no problems or crashes now.

I mostly use FF for just the GC2 & Elemental forums and I don't have any optional plug-ins. I've never had an FF session crash.

March 15, 2010 3:11:58 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

It appears the same way in IE, Safari and Chrome.  I suspect it is just a feature of Stardock.

As for Firefox, I had problems with 3.6 when I first downloaded it.  But they seem to have subsided, so I am still using it.

March 15, 2010 3:18:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I suspect it is just a feature of Stardock.

I admit that there's a degree of eye-of-the-beholder in the bug-vs-feature distinction, but pray tell how is it helpful in any way to hide the locked status of a thread just because I'm seeing it on a My Replies list?

I can see ranking it minimum severity, minimum priority, but it still seems like a bug to me...

March 15, 2010 4:57:19 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

but pray tell how is it helpful in any way to hide the locked status of a thread just because I'm seeing it on a My Replies list?

hey!  I am just a messenger like you - and a network engineer, not a software one.  I have no clue what goes on in the minds of software engineers.

March 24, 2010 3:15:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This will be fixed in the next forum update (looking at end of next week, if not earlier, for next update).

Bara

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.