The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

labtop problem

By on February 28, 2010 11:02:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So i bought a Toshiba Qosmio labtop a little less than a year ago, and recently (past month or so), it's been crashing on me while playing demigod, league of legends, or any other new game i've tried. it works fine when i'm not playing a game or when i play an old game called empire earth 2, but when i play newer games it crashes.

it beeps once and then turns black and shuts down, i've looked online for solutions, asked over 10 people if they knew what was wrong, updated all my drivers, ran scans for viruses, done disk clean-ups and disk defragmentations, and ran a huge overall scan and diagnostic of my labtop and i found nothing.

so i'm just wondering if anyone knows what the issue is, i've been told a few different things so i'm not really sure what the real problem is. i've tried everything, so do i just need to get a new comp or new parts or what?

+3 Karma | 17 Replies
February 28, 2010 11:27:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It may be possible that an update is the cause of the problem.  Can you remember if right before the crashes starting happening if you updated video drivers or anything else?

February 28, 2010 11:29:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What Model?

February 28, 2010 11:37:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well..i don't think i updated anything BEFORE the crashes, but once the crashes started happening i updated my video driver to see if that would fix the issue and it didn't

@yrag, it's a QosmioX305-Q705 (intel centrino 2 and windows vista)

February 28, 2010 11:47:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Flip it over, remove plates and clean it out with compressed air.

February 28, 2010 11:55:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm, ok, i have to buy compressed air from a store right?

March 1, 2010 12:02:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

yeah...

March 1, 2010 12:13:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok thanks man i'll try it out tomorrow, are you suggesting it is an over heating problem?

March 1, 2010 12:25:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh look here..i think this dude has the same problem that i do, and he said it isn't a heating issue

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/376943

cause i feel my labtop and it doesn't get very hot..

March 1, 2010 12:39:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

are you suggesting it is an over heating problem?

yes......

Look at the fans and see what they look like.

March 1, 2010 12:51:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what do you mean what do they look like?

there are 3 of them at the bottom and 2 on the top and they are covered by black circles and an outer layer of spirals

March 1, 2010 12:55:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Are the grills clean?

March 1, 2010 1:02:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the what?

i'm not sure what they are or if they're clean, i haven't touched the fans since i bought it (a year ago)

March 1, 2010 1:16:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

there are 3 of them at the bottom and 2 on the top and they are covered by black circles and an outer layer of spirals

I have no idea what your looking at. The grill (exhaust) is on the back of the lap between the DC and HDMI plugs.

March 1, 2010 1:20:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh that thing..sorry im not very high-tec with computers, but again i haven't touched that in a year so i would guess not

March 1, 2010 1:32:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

..sorry im not very high-tec with computers

I already figured that out.... most people aren't, so don't sweat it.

My best guess is it's a heat problem. My suggestion would be to take it to someone more computer savvy and have them clean it out.

....than knock yourself out playin' any games you want....

March 1, 2010 4:48:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Can I just point out that it's a LAPtop, and not a LABtop........ Thank you, I feel better now.

March 1, 2010 3:29:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh...ok, well thanks yrag, i'm just going to call the company have them deal with it

i don't really care box

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.