The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Creating an unspoken regulus rule

By on February 27, 2010 1:52:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cind3rs

Join Date 04/2009
+2

I'm not sure where you stand, but I'm sick... SICK of low skill, regulus players jumping in a game, pulling the old "instantly pick reg and hit ready".  As a joke, sometimes there will be 3 regs already, but some jackass will still do this.  Politely asking for a tougher DG always, always results in "what's wrong with reg?  I'm pretty good with him.. (on high gold, high towers, and the opposition is AFK)".

I'm going to start putting "No REG" in the title of my games, with the idea being that if your other teammates agree, you can pick regulus AFTER asking them and getting full agreement.  Or if your a known "I rock with regulus" player.

REGULUS CAN BE GREAT.  Pre-empting the: What's wrong with regulus?! posts.  Yes, he can be great.  No, I haven't seen the 5 people that are great with him in a game for ages. 

Maybe we can get this going around, which would help out the newer, unsure players. Letting newer players hide from combat by picking and playing a weak regulus is only making them lose more, and they're not learning how the game works.  I would encourage them to pick a tough DG with a simple, easy build, so they can make headway into the game.  Learning HP vs Armor, speed vs traps, stuns, etc. What items are good, which are excessive.

Locked Post 67 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 27, 2010 1:55:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What's wrong with Regulus?

February 27, 2010 2:25:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm with you, Cin. I get frustrated sometimes by weaker players staying weak by not learning the game because they only play Reg (and not learning the game mechanics to use him well) too. Dunno if there's much that can be done about it. I never played Reg much, but maybe someone who's good with him could make a post outlining some basic guidelines on how to play him? Stuff like kiting, the awesomeness (necessity) of mines, how best to time snipes to help teammates, etc.. Maybe there are posts like this already. Could somebody link to them here?

February 27, 2010 3:08:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Always the same Reg topics - sigh ! I think its the same with all other demigods - if not played well, they are not worth for the team. Feeding can be done by low skilled players with all gods, not only Reg. No support as well as low skilled players are in the game, regardless of the god.

Reg can be a very strong supporter if played well, but you have to know how. I love him but face always discussion if i chose him. Sad thing there!

February 27, 2010 8:34:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Might as well put no TB, Da, or QoT in the topic also. Hell just say "Only the Only fucking trinity demigods." It works for me.

February 27, 2010 9:06:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I insta-TB and ready.

February 27, 2010 1:07:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol! I'd kick you in a heartbeat, Teseer!

Really, the problem isn't with Regulus being weak, or TB or DA being weak, it's the specific problem that weak players choose regulus.  Like Gonzo said, it's not regulus, it's the player.  I rarely see a super weak player going for DA or TB, though it does happen, but I can live with that.  This is the best idea I can come up with that fixes most of the problem without turning DG into a rule nazi game. 

February 27, 2010 1:12:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll remember not to join your games, lol

February 27, 2010 1:48:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cind3rs,
lol! I'd kick you in a heartbeat, Teseer!

Really, the problem isn't with Regulus being weak, or TB or DA being weak, it's the specific problem that weak players choose regulus.  Like Gonzo said, it's not regulus, it's the player.  I rarely see a super weak player going for DA or TB, though it does happen, but I can live with that.  This is the best idea I can come up with that fixes most of the problem without turning DG into a rule nazi game. 

I like how you left queen out of that

I insta- queen and ready.

February 27, 2010 1:51:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Instas unite!

February 27, 2010 2:27:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Reg is tier 1.5 on Leviathan - no question about that.  He's also pretty good on Zikurat.  My only suggestion Cind3rs, would be to kick the weaker players on both sides

February 27, 2010 3:29:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I trust probably a total of 2 players to play regulus. Me and Orcun. Ever other reg that self proclaims themselves good has disappointed me.

That being said the unspoken regulus rule is if your in a 3v3 or less do not play him unless there is a reg/tb/da on the other team because you will be gimping your team no matter how good you are with regulus.

February 27, 2010 3:34:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

reg can indeed be great. but only early game. later he sucks. always.

its not that hard to be a good early regulus:

1. snipe(!!) and dont just snipe to steal kills which means: already snipe at the beginning of a fight. snipe is pretty useful on any non general dg. i.e. you can use snipe to keep a beast low on health early game so he aint a danger for anyone.

2. buy cit upgrades by the money you get for kills/assists cause later you wont be helpful in fights anyway so better start investing into your mates early. that means: YOU get currency and not the beast, oak, erebus, rook or sedna (debatable but imo she should get bishops asap)

4. get at least basic armor/hp and dont just run around with 2k hp at lvl7 and only mana items. at that point your snipe is far less useful than at the beginning and you need to be able to tele in and throw mines without being killed in 3 seconds.

5. dont use mines on creeps. youre wasting mana that could be spent on snipes or minetraps for dgs!

February 27, 2010 3:58:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

any regulus who chooses anything besides SoR is a total noob, uncluding cow and orcun with their inferior wrath!

February 27, 2010 4:08:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No one said he is weak(maybe noobs)

which means the people who say regulus is weak are really noobs

I mean he 'looks weak' cause he has no stun, low health

And he is the smallest demigod

February 27, 2010 5:07:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gm-magnus333,
any regulus who chooses anything besides SoR is a total noob, uncluding cow and orcun with their inferior wrath!

I usually take swift anklet magnus!

February 27, 2010 5:23:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Newb

February 27, 2010 5:44:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Everyone knows the best Regulus uses Mard's Hammer and 5 gloves

February 27, 2010 7:04:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dear clanmate magnus, i play renawel regulus 90% of the time, unless i am doing a fun build.

February 27, 2010 8:25:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd love to see a replay, Orcun, with you playing Regulus. I want to see how you do it.

February 27, 2010 8:31:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-Orcun,
Dear clanmate magnus, i play renawel regulus 90% of the time, unless i am doing a fun build.

Yes , Renewal 3 skill build is really boring. NOt fun at all

snipe, mines, betrayer.

So i get swift anklet. I am sure that i am pro regul. Everyone says that i am really annoying

February 27, 2010 8:32:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maccilia is a pretty good Regulus too. He actually uses heaven's wrath correctly

February 27, 2010 9:49:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dear clanmate orcun, 10% of the time you are a noob reg!

Also now that we have a clan can we have me go AA and everyone pitch in for an early ashkandor?  I'm pretty sure if this game ever really had players and was competitive, stacking an AA reg early would be the dominate strat.

February 27, 2010 9:50:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gm-magnus333,
Dear clanmate orcun, 10% of the time you are a noob reg!

Also now that we have a clan can we have me go AA and everyone pitch in for an early ashkandor?  I'm pretty sure if this game ever really had players and was competitive, stacking an AA reg early would be the dominate strat.

I'm up for it.  You on now?  Might be able to get mith in on that.  Orcun's taking a break.

February 27, 2010 10:23:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

rustrated sometimes by weaker players staying weak by not learning the game because they only pla
I am a pretty good Rook

February 27, 2010 10:30:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, pretty good for the other team.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000578   Page Render Time: