The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Pretty Sickening

multiplayer experience

By on February 24, 2010 1:43:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I`m not interested in playing with people concerned only with winning.

One gains experience playing. One can only get better by doing so. The community in which one can do so is one of the whiniest group of 'win'-oriented clans I`ve ever seen. Perhaps I`m unfairly characterizing the many by the example of a few. I apologize for that if that is the case.

I am also aware that Ready To Play is attempting to alleviate this sort of thing.

I must confess to what can be termed Rage-quitting in response to a sentiment that my participation was unwelcome. It is unusual for me to do so, to feel that, to see that side of the fence so to speak. But I am not going to abide by the snide or ignorant. I have better things to do, and better people to game with.

Most certainly emphasis on the latter.

It is small wonder that I generally game online only with friends, rather than plunging into the anonymous online world. I imagine this sentiment is something as old as our hobby itself. In any event, I shall return to online multiplayer I don`t know when.

+18 Karma | 9 Replies
February 24, 2010 6:57:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

go on vent

host newb games

read the strategy forum so you don't get  Yetis and Bestial Wrath

February 24, 2010 7:28:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you can get yetis and bestial wrath in the same game , you'll probably be able to win.

Anyways, 

go on vent

host newb games

This.

February 25, 2010 7:14:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know where you're coming from, some of the people in the lobby are arrogant bell ends but that shouldn't put you off hosting your own games and putting a suitable title in the game name such as under 30 games played and although I don't like the term "noob" this is the best way of hosting or joining a game suitable to your skill level within the game.

Or you could hone your skill in single player then join some multiplayer games although your stats or lack of will bar you from some games.

Sure the experienced players should be nicer about it, there's no need to be abusive to someone just because they aren't as experienced as you at a particular game but let's face it most of the people online are children and children can be nasty to each other sometimes.... I'm sure you'd own them at a different game or two. At the end of the day, they're good at a computer game, big deal, hardly rocket science or dating Megan Fox is it?

Finally the game just doesn't work if the teams are too mis-matched in skill level. There's just no point playing as there's no challange for the more exerienced team, you may as well play single player then start a game that's over stacked in one teams favour.

Just bear in mind if you host the game you have the power to kick anyone you don't like and people can make there own decision to stay or go, just don't take it personally.

I have over 200 games played since the reset with a 42% win ratio which isn't brilliant but not too bad as I only usually play in games with people who are better than me as I like the challange and can't see the point in "pwning" people.

Anyone who insults other people online is probably making up for some particular "inadequecy" in their lives, do you want to play with them anyway? You gotta ask yourself would they say it to your face? If they did, they'd get a Glasgow kiss back.

February 25, 2010 3:11:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ya I just started again and this accoutns got liek worst record ever. Not only is it low games but the win % is crap because people stack teams constantly. Usually well start off good then someone on the team will start feeding one dude like crazy and hell buy suped up artifacts and come rape everyone. Whats the vent info anyway =OOOO I need some people to talk to and start games with to get back into the flow.

February 25, 2010 8:39:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It may also be of interest to note that the game supposedly was open to all players.

I wonder if there is a point to be made about strategy guide perusals in regards to winning. I don`t wish to "know how to win" so much as I wish to play and have fun. I wonder what happened to that. If summoning and directing Yeti is a fun pursuit, then whenever I play Sedna I may be inclined to do so. If I play Unreal Tournament I can pay attention to where potential spawn points are, and with the right supply of ammo spam the area for as long as I may; I would not do that. Its unsportsmanlike. It does not encourage additional participation.

I wouldn`t kick someone because they`re better than me. I can`t see myself doing that. Thats not part of my equation. If a foe is better, I will, over time, endeavour to improve. Not to sound like a hackneyed Shakespeare, but to twist his word around a bit, the play`s the thing for me. Anyhoo...

February 25, 2010 9:27:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wouldn`t kick someone because they`re better than me.

This is somewhat (totally) off topic, but have you ever heard of a game called Rakion? It's a third person fighting/shooter game, and it has THE WORST player community and support of any game. I would also say that it is one of the best games ever developed. The publishing company doesn't speak English so they have all these hilarious little notices with mispellings and horrendous grammar. I bring this up because you always get kicked if you do very well. I always play for about five minutes in a game, kill everyone, and get kicked. I'm a friggin' idiot savant at that game

This is why we don't give idiot hosts the ability to kick people on demand lol.

February 28, 2010 8:51:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rakion eh? Sounds hilarious!

March 6, 2010 1:56:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Splitshadow,
If you can get yetis and bestial wrath in the same game , you'll probably be able to win. 

Follow this advice for your next 10 games.

March 7, 2010 2:41:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They really should change the ranking system, because it's completely broken.

Stats shouldn't be relative to how many games you win, it should be relative to the people you win/lose against and the people you play with. If someone is a legitimately good player and is teamed up with poor teammates that feed, then it makes no sense for the good player to be punished. This just enforces inaccurate stats and deceiving game-counts, and is also easy for hackers to abuse.

If I had a hand in how stats were dictated, then I would base it on total favor (to show experience and to let good players progress quicker) and rank (dictated by wins relative to the people played with). Not unlike what they do with Halo 3, where there are two ranks for both skill and number of games played.

If the programming is too cumbersome to implement that, then I would at least limit what is shown to rank instead of Win/Loss Ratio and games played. You could even have segments that sort people into categories (pros, mids, novices, new) and just display that instead. Imagine how faster it would be to put games together if people didn't judge by rank and could just get a game going with a bunch of people in the same category.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.