The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The maps in this game are beautiful

By on February 19, 2010 10:48:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know this has probably been said a hundred times already, but I haven't said it.

The maps in this game are sooo awesome, easily the best maps I've played in a wargame. They aren't just the same old boring landscape with some hills and trees and random villages, these are handcrafted rendered maps. Everytime I play them I notice something new. Like in 'Prison', I only realized today that there is a giant Demon encased within the pillar we are battling on. I thought the prison reference was just how close the enemy bases are, and how we are forced to battle in almost a single central area.

More official maps please! I couldn't care less if we got 0 Demigods added, but I won't accept no more maps being released! Please!

+1 Karma | 50 Replies
February 20, 2010 4:43:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
I think we should either get on topic or drop it all together.

I'll try the On Topic route:

I agree. The maps in Demigod are breath-taking. I almost jizzed myself the first time Brothers loaded up!
I was kind of down that SupCom 2 was going to use the same style maps (No more 50+ maps map pack) but I won't lie, I'm looking forward to seeing more maps of this type.

Ok, outside the maps cost, their creation is also time consuming. If someone was to actually volunteer to make the maps for free, we still wouldn't see them anytime some.

Seeing how I am not the artist that made them I am going off of what I currently know on how they would be created.

1. A basic idea for the maps creation, either provided by stardock or of the artist own whim.

2. Modeling the map, which speed depends on the complexity of it, and the artist skills.

3. Creating the textures for each and every nuke and cranny of the make, making sure everything is as it should be.

4. Defining the 3 or more point lighting from each direction.

5. creating the animations  (Towers and such)

6. And finally rendering, which can take a shit load of time.

February 20, 2010 4:48:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And if it did happen, imagin how big a 100+ map-pack would be! It'd be like downloading the game again.

February 20, 2010 5:01:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I honestly think some people are trying to keep the community small...

February 20, 2010 5:04:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You'd think so, but lets stay on topic to prevent that

I do agree about Cataract. At first I thought it was gorgeous! I loved all the water flowing through the map.

Now I'm all jaded and grumpy about it and find myself muttering about the map under my breath, lol.

That's not healthy is it?

February 20, 2010 5:06:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
And if it did happen, imagin how big a 100+ map-pack would be! It'd be like downloading the game again.
No a 100+ map of 3-d maps like ours probably about twice the size of demigod.

February 20, 2010 5:11:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Now I wanna play SupCom. I have all sorts of maps I've never even played on or looked at.

I gotta find one of my friends to pwn.

Well, convince them to let me help them put together a rig THEN pwn them.

I'll tell ya. Having multiple computers setup for when friends come over is GREAT but it totally removes their will to get their own system together.

February 20, 2010 5:15:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hahaha invite me over lol

February 20, 2010 5:19:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Playing a strat game in the same room is so fun. One of my friends is in love with Mercy's.

As soon as ANYONE in the game sees one they flip. That bastard is good with those things.

February 20, 2010 5:21:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lmfao die die die die die.

February 20, 2010 6:27:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Synnworld, let the guy express something he likes about the game.  Do you somehow feel a little better about yourself having attempted to rain on someone's parade?   You sir are a tool

February 20, 2010 6:31:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok. I give.

February 20, 2010 6:39:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Ok. I give.
Atleast you tried ^.~

February 20, 2010 6:48:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Badash78,
Synnworld, let the guy express something he likes about the game.  Do you somehow feel a little better about yourself having attempted to rain on someone's parade?   You sir are a tool
Now let me explain something to you about this board. I have chatted with teseer, pacov, and just a lot other people on here then you; unless you want to say you know them irl? And what they know about me that you don't and need to learn is, I mess around alot and I am going to continue to do so. So you sir are an idiot, humble advice; do be in vent while im in there.

He can express what he wants, and I have the right to express what I want, or do you want me notr to express how I fill but let others do as the will.

February 20, 2010 6:51:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok. I give.

Hey I was through with it; its the idiots who continue broning it back up.

February 20, 2010 7:18:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nothing better than kids bragging about how many online people they know and how much they talked to them. Like that would matter, being a dumbass is being a dumbass. Sorry synn, u can't deny it by having online friends and being long on forums.

February 20, 2010 7:24:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thund3rfist,
Nothing better than kids bragging about how many online people they know and how much they talked to them. Like that would matter, being a dumbass is being a dumbass. Sorry synn, u can't deny it by having online friends and being long on forums.
Forget it teseer they're all dumbasses.....can we move on now?

February 20, 2010 7:31:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thund3rfist,

When you post please try and make some damn sense would you?

Quoting Shiro_Sol,

Quoting Thund3rfist, reply 40Nothing better than kids bragging about how many online people they know and how much they talked to them. Like that would matter, being a dumbass is being a dumbass. Sorry synn, u can't deny it by having online friends and being long on forums.

Anyways ignoring the idiots, those are the processes required to make the map. Maybe later own down the line when I matured in my work and demigod is still alive I will volunteer to try and make some new maps.

February 20, 2010 8:56:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyways ignoring the idiots, those are the processes required to make the map. Maybe later own down the line when I matured in my work and demigod is still alive I will volunteer to try and make some new maps.

If you're ignoring the idiots why are you quoting them?

February 20, 2010 9:05:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll just ignore this post.

Edit: OMGWTFBBQSTARDOCKDOESNTLIKENESTEDQUOTES

February 20, 2010 9:20:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ignoring shadow and hedgie's post

Icecream

February 20, 2010 10:00:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My post is kind of hard to ignore actually...

February 20, 2010 10:02:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,

Icecream

Owned.

February 20, 2010 10:08:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Icecream 

Owned.

Cue McHammer: "Cant touch this"

February 20, 2010 10:12:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

reply 43

reply 43

Quoting synnworld,

Quoting Thund3rfist,
reply 40

Quoting Shiro_Sol,
reply 41

Quoting Thund3rfist, reply 40Nothing better than kids bragging about how many online people they know and how much they talked to them. Like that would matter, being a dumbass is being a dumbass. Sorry synn, u can't deny it by having online friends and being long on forums.

reply 43

Icecream 

Quoting Teseer,

Quoting Teseer,
You'd think so, but lets stay on topic to prevent that

I do agree about Cataract. At first I thought it was gorgeous! I loved all the water flowing through the map.

Now I'm all jaded and grumpy about it and find myself muttering about the map under my breath, lol.

Icecream

Owned.

Oh it's on welcome to the quote wars

February 21, 2010 4:42:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shiro_Sol,

Quoting Teseer, reply 29

reply 43

reply 43

Quoting synnworld, reply 42

Quoting Thund3rfist,
reply 40

Quoting Shiro_Sol,
reply 41

reply 43

Icecream 

Quoting Teseer, reply 29ignoring shadow and hedgie's post

Quoting Teseer, reply 29You'd think so, but lets stay on topic to prevent that

Icecream

Owned.

Oh it's on welcome to the quote wars

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.