The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Where is Frogboy??? :'(

By on February 18, 2010 2:09:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's been a while since Frogboy has been on the Demigod forums.  He always has good news for us

0 Karma | 44 Replies
February 18, 2010 4:05:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

He is on the Elemental forums

February 18, 2010 5:32:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

To say he is busy is an obscene understatement He is always on the forums though, just maybe some more than others.

Mike

February 18, 2010 8:38:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

he is not gonna be back anymore because there are no more new players

February 19, 2010 2:38:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Elemental my dear Watson.

Damn, I'm like 3 posts too late to be kinda funny.

February 19, 2010 1:24:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^and you misquoted the only quote that isn't said by Sherlock Holmes in the books.

February 19, 2010 3:14:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm sorry for the way I am.

February 19, 2010 4:31:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's pretty good!

February 19, 2010 4:34:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's pretty good!

February 19, 2010 4:47:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

demigod community scared him away >.>

February 19, 2010 11:45:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm around.  I'm just deep in code these days.

I still love Demigod.

And I will keep exerting influence on GPG to let us include mods and get things changed and updated over time in Demigod.

Plus, I have the Impulse team working on virtual lobbies and such (think overlays) so that we can do other stuff.

In another few weeks you should see an announcement on what is possible with this tech in ways that I think will make people very happy.

February 19, 2010 11:47:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BTW, my biggest objection to Demigod has nothing to do with MP. It is that the single player game design we submitted wasn't implemented.

February 19, 2010 11:55:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

In another few weeks you should see an announcement on what is possible with this tech in ways that I think will make people very happy.

This makes me one seriously happy camper at the moment.

February 20, 2010 12:51:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
BTW, my biggest objection to Demigod has nothing to do with MP. It is that the single player game design we submitted wasn't implemented.
you are evil!

February 20, 2010 12:58:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My biggest objection is to Demigod is that there are almost 40,000 people playing HoN right now, while there are 85 playing Demigod.

Maybe release like, cataract, QoT and Regulas as free content to entice people to play!  Please... do... something besides cash checks.

February 20, 2010 1:05:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gm-magnus333,
=
Maybe release like, cataract, QoT and Regulas as free content to entice people to play!  Please... do... something besides cash checks.
Explain...Now!

February 20, 2010 9:22:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

I like the sound of that. Is it possible we might see such in an expansion, perhaps developed by a different development house since GPG is knee-deep in Supreme Commander 2 and that Knights & Castles (??) game? Maybe contract a European developer to tackle that.

And more maps. Items. Demigods.

Grin.

February 20, 2010 11:46:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I suppose we could let balance go to the wayside as long as we get some cool single player option  

February 20, 2010 12:35:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the sound of that. Is it possible we might see such in an expansion, perhaps developed by a different development house since GPG is knee-deep in Supreme Commander 2 and that Knights & Castles (??) game? Maybe contract a European developer to tackle that.

And more maps. Items. Demigods.

We don't really have any say on that.  Demigod is GPG's game.  Stardock just publishes it and only in North America (and digitally) at that.

Much of the work we've been doing with things like overlays has been to try to find ways to extend Demigod that doesn't involve GPG doing anything.  The work we're doing will first show up in Elemental but what I want us to be able to do is let people set up lots of different games.

As for HoN having zillions of players, my understanding is that it's in beta and is free.  And frankly speaking, both HoN and LoL have much better multiplayer match making features than Demigod does. I prefer Demigod as a game, but it really needs better online features to be competitive in that area imo. 

February 20, 2010 1:09:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod is that awesome sketch you made five years ago that is absolutely beautiful, but you can never complete it.

February 20, 2010 1:17:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also prefer Demigod as a game to HoN by a longshot.  Which is why it's so frustrating that all my e-friends play HoN while I'm stuck trying to get a decent Demigod game for an hour. ;(

I also agree that it's because it's free right now (due to the extended beta), which is why I'm suggesting making part of Demigod free.
The online features can come after there are online players to actually use them.

February 20, 2010 2:48:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

indeed, it is too bad that the demo and the normal game lobby aint the same. of course its not possible for demo players to play normal games since it doesnt include all demigods. but the other way around is possible.

February 21, 2010 5:39:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
As for HoN having zillions of players, my understanding is that it's in beta and is free.  And frankly speaking, both HoN and LoL have much better multiplayer match making features than Demigod does. I prefer Demigod as a game, but it really needs better online features to be competitive in that area imo. 

This is one of the main things that is hurting demigod right now. The others being lag, connection issues and crashes. If these things were fixed it might be possible to revive Demigod. Unfortunately all my Demigod friends are now playing LoL and it will be very hard to get them to come back. The only way I think a Demigod revival will work is if we get a sequel that has none of the issues Demigod currently has.

February 21, 2010 12:06:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is one of the main things that is hurting demigod right now. The others being lag, connection issues and crashes. If these things were fixed it might be possible to revive Demigod. Unfortunately all my Demigod friends are now playing LoL and it will be very hard to get them to come back. The only way I think a Demigod revival will work is if we get a sequel that has none of the issues Demigod currently has.

I agree with you on much of this (except the crashes, if the game's crashing on you you should probably check out your PC).  

But that's really something for GPG and Chris Taylor. It's their game and only they can decide if they want to do expansions or sequels and such.

February 21, 2010 2:39:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy, there are definitely crashes to desktop that are on Demigod's end. If you play a 5v5 about 80% of the time someone will randomly drop while loading, and the other 20% someone gets an unhandled exception.

February 21, 2010 2:58:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they can decide if they want to do expansions or sequels and such.

Here's my idea:

a.) U buy baseball bat

b.) U phone to this Chris Taylor

c.) U meet at some place

d.) U beat him with baseball screaming "REPAIR THE F*CKING DEMIGOD ALREADY"

e.) U walk away

f.) U get back

g.) U beat him with baseball screaming "AND ADD SOME NEW FEATURES"

And point e.) again.

Can't get easier.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.