The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Chatroom

By on February 16, 2010 10:41:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

GeneralVeers

Join Date 03/2009
+23

Talk about anything here.

Locked Post 7785 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 7, 2011 10:30:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Xer07,
Bummer. We didn't even get to Marceline or the Ice King yet. Oh well...

Xer0 \^/

Secret:

Altaux watches Adventure time

February 7, 2011 10:37:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

37 years Independance.

Happy Birthday Grenada

That is all

February 7, 2011 12:09:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This your country's flag I suppose?

"My Pokemans. Let me show you them"

February 7, 2011 1:01:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

u spose correct sir

February 7, 2011 1:29:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Huzzah!

Independence from whom, may I ask?

February 7, 2011 5:48:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

From your people.

We are Brits no more!!!

February 8, 2011 7:41:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed.

Brits suck!

Quoting Oatesy03,
Huzzah!

Independence from whom, may I ask?

From your evil people!

February 8, 2011 10:13:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Altaux,
From your people.

Thought so. Didn't want to assume, though I would've been right.

I've just discovered how we did a much better job than the French at giving people their independence. They fought for and lost Vietnam, then fought for and lost their African colonies... Didn't go well for them. Perhaps they were compensating for losing their country in WW2?

February 8, 2011 1:51:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nah, france just doesn't know how to fight a war in general.

"Anybody wanna buy this rifle?  Brand new, french military issue.  Never fired, only dropped once."

-Twilight Storm

February 9, 2011 1:48:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Twilight_Storm,
"Anybody wanna buy this rifle?  Brand new, french military issue.  Never fired, only dropped once."

LULZ

February 11, 2011 12:10:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's not that France can't win a war, it's that they don't quit when they're ahead (haw-haw, very fun, sarcasm overs noa).

February 11, 2011 8:57:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey stop that, both of you!

I'm French

February 11, 2011 10:54:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting morpheas768,
Hey stop that, both of you!

I'm French

No ur not.

Ur Greek.

February 11, 2011 6:17:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am French

February 11, 2011 10:18:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

FRENCHIE!!1!!111!

February 12, 2011 8:38:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Whiskey144,
No ur not.

Ur Greek.

OH NOES!

I haz bin dizcoverd

February 25, 2011 12:48:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sorry for my absence... Valentine's Day, School, Musical, and depression from a looming break-up have consumed my time.  Anyway, I figured I'd post Chapter 2 awhile and save my miscarriaged novel.

fyi: Chapter One's Title is "The End"

Chapter Two: Reawakening.

Darius' eyes flew open and his pupils widened as he awakened from his dream.  In a cold sweat despite the wintry atmosphere leaking in from his thin, tall windows, he glances about the room in a panic.  The only thing he can see is darkness coating the room in a thick, ebony blanket; it was almost palpable.  The only sources of light were his alarm clock, which only illuminated the underneath of his bed since he had knocked it off his nightstand as he sat up; and dim light filtering through the accumulation of snow covering his windows, coming from the old streetlamp below his apartment.

As he gathered his breath, he tried to recall his dream.  It wasn't difficult, this was the 4th night in a row he'd had the dream afterall.  He returned his alarm clock to its original position and read the light blue LED display; 2: 34.  He sighed, since he was starting to become narcoleptic at work from his nightmares, and turned on his bedside lamp.  The room was illuminated in a dull yellow light, as he preferred over the hard brightness cast by compact flourescents, and he reached for his journal.  This was only his second entry in said journal, as he had only decided to start keeping one after the dream repeated the first time, and both entries since were more or less the same, but with building detail as the nights progressed. 

He finished writing, rubbed his eyes (which were green today), and looked around his apartment.  It was a small, yet well-kept place, with 4 rooms total.  The "bedroom" which also served as an office, game room, and sometimes guest room (as he tried to be a Gentleman, he let his misstresses sleep in his bed and he slept on the couch outside, if the weather was too inconvienient for them to leave safely, yet they were not romantically, or sexually, engaged).  The wallpaper (which he intended to tear down and paint on, creating a mosiac out of his wall, when/if he got the Landowner's say-so) was a pea-green color, and was faded from the sunlight on the wall opposite the windows.  The furniture, what was there of it, was mis-matched and shabby, most of it taken from his old room when he lived with his parents only a half-decade ago, but a few pieces from yard sales which he acquired during his travels. The carpeting (which he put down over hardwood floor, one of the few things he appreciated in another's house but hated in his own) was a periwinkle color, not quite blue nor purple, but a mix of the two with a brighter color, not quite white, added in as well.

Darius gets up out of bed, something he immediatly regrets having slept in his boxers, and walks over to the snow-covered windows.  One of the few things he loved about the place before having rented it, the windows were 4 in number, each about a foot and a half wide and five feet tall, yet a mere one and a  half feet from the floor itself.  They allowed for a magnificent view of the harbor beyond, and of the lights from Boston even further beyond that.  He shook his head in frustration, trying to shake that dream out of his head for the fourth night in a row, his longer-than-average black hair, naturally streaked blonde in places, fell just short of his eyes when he stopped.  He knew he'd seen that girl, that apartment, and even seen the skyscraper from where he fell out of.  It also bugged him that the dreams had all been seen in third person, despite himself having been the center focus of the dream.  He scratched his scalp, again in frustration, and decided it was best to go "All American" on this one, and use drugs to solve the issue for now.  Perscription, of course, just not in the regulated dosage, he took two tablets of "Nuero-Inhibation Pills" which claimed to slow down the nuerons of your brain while you slept.  Knowing in the back of his head that no such thing was possible without the use of heavy-duty depressants, such as alchohol (and even then he dreamt about "Lilith", as he called this Brown-Haired killer), and retired to bed.

Taking one last look around his bedroom, Darius thought to himself, "Economically sound or not, I've gotta start finding better places to stay... Thankfully the media doesn't know that the richest man in the State is currently bunking down in some run-down apartment complex in historic Massachusets..." and with that thought in mind, the founder of the nation's largest energy provider slept peacefully.

End Chapter Two.

Xer0 \^/

February 25, 2011 11:16:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Interesting. Short, to the point.

Good explanation of Chapter 1.

March 4, 2011 10:35:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

R.I.P. Chatroom.  You have perished, like the Elder Chatroom Before you.

j/k.  Where is everyone?  My last post is still on this page...not a good sign...

-Twilight Storm

Xer0:  Is that a Description or an exerpt?  If its a description, well done, but for an exerpt, maybe a few different words would improve it (Some are a bit repetitive)

Good concept tho, keep it up. 

March 5, 2011 12:24:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Twilight_Storm,
R.I.P. Chatroom.  You have perished, like the Elder Chatroom Before you.

j/k.  Where is everyone?  My last post is still on this page...not a good sign...

-Twilight Storm

Xer0:  Is that a Description or an exerpt?  If its a description, well done, but for an exerpt, maybe a few different words would improve it (Some are a bit repetitive)

Good concept tho, keep it up. 

We're in The REAL Chatroom. And other places.

August 4, 2011 11:16:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What the?... Is this place STILL running? Amazing...

August 5, 2011 6:08:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not really, it's kind of been abandoned in favour of The REAL Chatroom.

August 5, 2011 1:15:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Oatesy03,
Not really, it's kind of been abandoned in favour of The REAL Chatroom.

GO The REAL Chatroom!

August 12, 2011 7:55:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah...the last post was in march, even I was gonna let it rest in peace...as I said above. 

-Twi

August 29, 2013 10:04:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

And now for something completely different.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time: