The Chatroom

By on February 16, 2010 10:41:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

GeneralVeers

Join Date 03/2009
+23

Talk about anything here.

Locked Post 7785 Replies +2 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Azriel15
Altaux
September 7, 2010 8:47:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bane_Sol

Quoting Alpha_003_Snipe,
Do I get karma Alt?

Screw it, I say I do.

Cosmo King.

I think that Shiro got it first, but thats none of my business.

Quoting Alpha_003_Snipe,
Question: What nationality is Alpha_003_Snipe?

Question: Where did he first post on this forum?

Question: What was the first Chatroom Flame War after he arrived?

1. British.

2 and 3 Too lazy to check. If I get karma as a prize for answering correctly, I might check

"Cute Pokemon always get Parahax!"

September 7, 2010 8:50:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Me and Shiro are really funny. When Shiro decided to take a break from LoL, I started to play like a maniac, 6-8 hours per day. Now that I decided to take a break from LoL, Shiro started playing again.

LMAO

September 7, 2010 8:55:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol 6k ip in 4 days. Anyway dude ******* that many letters.

September 7, 2010 9:02:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Zalera,
Lol 6k ip in 4 days.

LOLZ do you do anything else except playing LoL?

Quoting OMG_Zalera,
Anyway dude ******* that many letters.

I know, but it was worth a shot right?

September 7, 2010 9:07:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG I got it!

Your nickname was Bane_Solomon. I just remembered some games we played together in Demigod, and that apparently set my memory to [ON] mode.

September 7, 2010 9:11:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Solemon but close enough

September 7, 2010 9:15:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh poor me

Well, thats the best I could do really

September 8, 2010 2:07:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes you will get karma for answering 2 and 3 of mine.

September 8, 2010 2:38:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1) British

2) Sins Home forums?

3) Magic? I guess or trolling vs skidi?

September 8, 2010 3:00:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So wait a second, we're using Pokemon sigs now?

-Twilight Storm | CHARMELEON, I CHOOSE YOU!!!

September 8, 2010 3:58:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL why would you choose a charmeleon? Why not a Charizard? If you keep it from evolving thats just fail

I always want my Poks to be at full strength, being fully evolved, and EV trained.

And yes, I did use a cheat to teach my Raikou Thunderbolt, and I dont care if thats lame or not.

September 8, 2010 6:37:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting morpheas768,
LOL why would you choose a charmeleon? Why not a Charizard? If you keep it from evolving thats just fail

TROLL!!!!!

September 8, 2010 7:34:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Altaux,

TROLL!!!!!

Whaaaaat? Where? Tell me who is it, and I'll blow their brains out

September 8, 2010 12:18:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Altaux,
1) British

2) Sins Home forums?

1) Correct

2) Incorrect (two karma for this one, seeing as its nearly impossible)

3) Incorrect.

September 8, 2010 12:19:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am proud to have a weird Charizard.

You know how they're meant to major on the "attack" stat for offense? Mine has a way higher "Spcl" attack stat. Oh yeah.

September 8, 2010 7:40:28 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Forgive me if I am outdated, I'm an RBY and GS veteran. What is the Spcl Attack value for? I took little notice to battle calculations and more to screwing with the game (missingno FTW, lvl 129 Haunter, 20 Lugias, whatever the hell I fealt like getting after I figured out how to do it [no gameshark, mind you, just engine abuse]).

September 8, 2010 7:44:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Diamond and Pearl had a massive redo of Spec and normal attack.

September 8, 2010 9:18:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm...lots of Poke-nubs in this place Ok, I will answer everything, except for Snipe's little quiz, which I cant find the answer to Q2.

Quoting Alpha_003_Snipe,

I am proud to have a weird Charizard.

You know how they're meant to major on the "attack" stat for offense? Mine has a way higher "Spcl" attack stat. Oh yeah.

No, that is incorrect. Charizard is, and always have been a special attacker. It doesnt have a terrible Attack stat, so you can go mixed (special, and physical move set), if your Charizard has a, lets say, Lonely nature, which raises Attack, and lowers Defence.

Here is what Marriland.com have to say about it:  http://pokemon.marriland.com/hgss/pokedex/charizard/

Although I didnt need to check, because in Fire Red/Leaf Green, I would always choose either Charizard or Venusaur, for obvious reasons. So I think you are a little confused about Charizard's stats.

Maybe you confuse him with Fire-starter Pokemon from other regions? Infernape Perhaps? It has a really high Attack stat.

Quoting IrationalFear,
Forgive me if I am outdated, I'm an RBY and GS veteran. What is the Spcl Attack value for? I took little notice to battle calculations and more to screwing with the game (missingno FTW, lvl 129 Haunter, 20 Lugias, whatever the hell I fealt like getting after I figured out how to do it [no gameshark, mind you, just engine abuse]).

Pokemon Red/Blue were the titles that started it all. I remember spending hours and hours in my Gameboy, playing Pokemon Blue. I never played Red, but they are the same anyways. And yes, Pokemon RBY and GS are the most "abuseable" Pok games. Missigno, cloning Pokemon, multiplying items, etc etc

Anyway, you are absolutely right to not know what are the Special stats for. Because in RBY and GS versions, there is no explanation as to what these values are for. I didnt know it back then, as well. Now, let me explain:

There are 3 types of Pokemon moves in the game:

1. Physical

2. Special

3. Status

1. Physical moves are offensive moves that hurt the foe, and do dmg according to A. The move's power, B. Calculating resistances and weaknesses of the move vs the foe's type/element and C. the user's Attack stat.

2. Special moves are offensive moves that hurt the foe, and do dmg according to A. The move's power, B. Calculating resistances and weaknesses of the move vs the foe's type/element and C. the user's Special Attack stat.

3. Status moves, are moves that dont hurt the foe (directly), and are basically everything that ISNT an offensive move. These moves can range from either status problem inflicting moves to the foe, like Toxic, or moves that raise the user's stats, or moves that lower the foe's stats, etc etc.

To cut it, short, the Special Attack applies to Special moves, and the Attack stat applies to Physical moves. The Special defence is obviously to resist Special moves, and so on.

Quoting OMG_Zalera,
Diamond and Pearl had a massive redo of Spec and normal attack.

Diamond and Pearl, reconfigured some Pokemon's stats, but the big change was made in Gen III (Ruby/Sapphire versions), where the "Nature" system was introduced.

Irrelevant stuff: The use of the bottom screen in Diamond/Pearl, really bugged me, because IMO, it was hideous in the way it looked.

Thankfully, they corrected that in Heart Gold/Soul Silver, and the bottom screen is now both useful, and pretty.

@IFear: If you liked Pokemon Gold/Silver, then you will absolutely LOVE Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

I have finished SS, and now I am playing HG

September 8, 2010 9:38:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bellyzard nublets, bellyzard. G'night

September 8, 2010 9:41:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I use a torterra for defense.

September 8, 2010 9:42:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Alpha_003_Snipe,

Quoting Altaux,
reply 6434
1) British

2) Sins Home forums?

1) Correct

2) Incorrect (two karma for this one, seeing as its nearly impossible)

3) Incorrect.

give a hint

September 8, 2010 10:05:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And no the biggest change to battleing came in P/D imo the Spec/attack split was massive.

September 8, 2010 10:05:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, this is just too difficult, I checked out like 40 pages, one by one, to find a flamewar, but I failed. What I uncovered only, was that Snipe's first post was reply #1227, and thats about it.

I hope that helps you a little Altaux, because I just cant find the answer to Q3.

As for Q2.....yeah right! There are hundreds of threads in the whole stardock forums, so you HAVE to helps us a little.

Anyway, I have faith in Altaux, to find these answers. Come on Alt, you can do it!

Quoting Altaux,
I use a torterra for defense.

Yeah man, Torterra is a BEAST! Just watch out for Ice-type moves, because they really hurt Torterra (x4 effective).

September 8, 2010 10:07:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Man, looking at the old times of the Chatroom, I see how lively and fun this place used to be. Now it is nothing like it used to be, and that just makes me sad

Oh well, moving on....

Quoting OMG_Zalera,
And no the biggest change to battleing came in P/D imo the Spec/attack split was massive.

What are you talking about exactly?

So whatsup Jim?

September 8, 2010 10:16:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.