The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

The Chatroom

By on February 16, 2010 10:41:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Talk about anything here.

+22 Karma | 7774 Replies
June 2, 2010 6:09:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

pls accusations only where accusations are due.... alpha didn't reveal a dime..... I mean.. that "Academies" ment "school" I would've figured out by myself (... sooner or later ) but the REST is %/$§$"&)!"!"§

c'mon Alpha how much KARMA   you charge for your insights?

June 2, 2010 6:12:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting skidiantasa,
fuck you morph

Aaaah, I see you still got a sweet and kind mouth

I'm sorry, but I dont know you that well, and even though your proposition is tempting, I am gonna have to pass on the sex offer

And like I said, if you 2 wanted to chat in private, you didnt have to speak in another language HERE, so that we wont understand. Just PM each other for gods sake.

"Mr Anderson, welcome back....we missed you...."

June 2, 2010 6:15:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maiden666,
pls accusations only where accusations are due.... alpha didn't reveal a dime..... I mean.. that "Academies" ment "school" I would've figured out by myself (... sooner or later ) but the REST is %/$§$"&)!"!"§

c'mon Alpha how much KARMA   you charge for your insights?

LOL, Alpha didnt understand what they said, he mentioned it in his post:

Quoting Alpha_003_Snipe,
... You do realise that I don't actually understand a word of the language you guys were speaking, don't you? Except maybe that "academia" means school. I think so, anyway. Educated guess.

To put it bluntly, I was joking.

Anyway, if you had been speaking English, then whatever caused this upset between you and Weaver could've been understood by us, and we could've helped out, so there are sometimes benefits to what Morph suggests. (by suggests, I mean demands, but oh well...)

Alpha, you do realize that:

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/11/6/633615586008292970-ObviousTroll.jpg

June 2, 2010 6:16:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

To explain the diff between what Obeah is what they are doing i will give 2 true stories.

A woman went to an Obeah man and was given a mixture that could cause a man to think he loved her for 15 days. She went to this man every 15 days and eventually found a husband due to this drink. After years she stopped buying the drink and The husband left her.

Second story one day a man was driving trough my villedge and his car brokedown. We offered to call a mechanic, but the man insisted he could start hiscar with his trumpet.

I rank Obeah as possible as i have seen its affects and they do not go making baseless outrageous claims like nautre manipulation. I rank whatever Weazer is doing as a 2. Baseless Insane ramblings

June 2, 2010 6:18:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting skidiantasa,
Zeita de moarte sa te intreb accepta aceasta sufletul tau la el acasa a murit pentru poporul lui si ne-am dat lui cenusa departe

esti mort la mine acum
Quoting life_weaver,
skidi va rog eu sa va aduc acasa. Dar mai intii trebuie sa ne razbuna clanului ta de infrangerea la yama, jur.

Zombie talk;

I will translate.

Skidi; Mah Bwains

Weazer: RARWWW

June 2, 2010 6:19:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

As for Skidi's 'translation' the cake is a lie

June 2, 2010 6:21:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Altaux,
To explain the diff between what Obeah is what they are doing i will give 2 true stories.

A woman went to an Obeah man and was given a mixture that could cause a man to think he loved her for 15 days. She went to this man every 15 days and eventually found a husband due to this drink. After years she stopped buying the drink and The husband left her.

Second story one day a man was driving trough my villedge and his car brokedown. We offered to call a mechanic, but the man insisted he could start hiscar with his trumpet.

I rank Obeah as possible as i have seen its affects and they do not go making baseless outrageous claims like nautre manipulation. I rank whatever Weazer is doing as a 2. Baseless Insane ramblings

And how do you know that these "true stories" are really true?

Just because you cant explain them, doesnt mean that they involve a higher power of some sort.

Btw, about the 1st story, its possible to give a person certain meds, that can cause him to be horny, so to speak, (not love), and maybe trick him into thinking thats love.

June 2, 2010 6:22:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Altaux,

Zombie talk;

I will translate.

Skidi; Mah Bwains

Weazer: RARWWW

Quoting Altaux,
As for Skidi's 'translation' the cake is a lie

ROFLMAO

Damn, that was hilarious, dude

June 2, 2010 6:23:34 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Quoting Alpha_003_Snipe, reply 4174... You do realise that I don't actually understand a word of the language you guys were speaking, don't you? Except maybe that "academia" means school. I think so, anyway. Educated guess.

To put it bluntly, I was joking.

Anyway, if you had been speaking English, then whatever caused this upset between you and Weaver could've been understood by us, and we could've helped out, so there are sometimes benefits to what Morph suggests. (by suggests, I mean demands, but oh well...)

it seems I missed some posts in between...

EDIT: No, started my post when his' wasnt posted, too. You're just too fast for me...

and I also can't find your explanation how to embedd uTube vids here anymore. Must be somewhere around page 110-130... incredible how big this threat becomes in almost no time... Explain again, pls.

btw do I need to announce a page start?

June 2, 2010 6:26:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

when i was small my village was burned by yama raiders our troops fought for days but eventualy they beroke through me crow and aervanna escaped we walked the winter for days crow built us shelters and hunted us food he protected us until we reached friendly slone clan territory there oaka adopted us even when the clan chief said no not long after more refugeese came amoung them was my mother she said that her and one of us where going to america thats all she could afford none of us wanted to go so we stayed me and crow joined the acadmy of battle where we trained as warriors and me and him fell in love (untill ifound out that i just didnt like guys the way i thought) after about 4 years mother said we had to go but she still only had enough to bring one of us all the money she earned during that time went to keeping us alive we argued for days and agreed that i should go crow promised he would train and one day take back my clans home for me and aervanna and now he goes to war and will die our promis never fulfilled we will never return home

call it a lie if you want you dont have to belive me but im sure you can find a way to translate romanian

June 2, 2010 6:36:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maiden666,

and I also can't find your explanation how to embedd uTube vids here anymore. Must be somewhere around page 110-130... incredible how big this threat becomes in almost no time... Explain again, pls.

btw do I need to announce a page start?

Of course you dont need to announce a page start.

About embeding videos on youtube, I posted a way of posting them, back then when youtube didnt have a specific button exactly for that purpose. But now it does, so here is the new really easy way to do it:

1. Find the youtube vid you wanna embed.

2. Under the #views button, there is a button that says <Embed>. Click it.

3. Now, some options will appear, depending on your tastes, you can change the skin color, window size, etc. Or you can just leave them default, but make sure the "Include related videos" box is checked.

4. The embed code is above the options, you cant miss it. Right click, then copy.

5. Go to Quick Reply window on the forums, click the "HTML" button next to the brush.

6. A box will appear. Right click paste the embed code you copied, and then click on the left side the button "Update".

7. Post reply and you're done.

June 2, 2010 6:39:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And do not use Internet Explorer to post vids

June 2, 2010 6:42:44 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting morpheas768,

Btw, about the 1st story, its possible to give a person certain meds, that can cause him to be horny, so to speak, (not love), and maybe trick him into thinking thats love.

there are quite some drugs around that can make you like others more... and not only the ones that make you explicitly horny... basically in every household/kitchen you have the substance upon which is the MDMA that is in XTC originally "build" upon...nowadays is synthesized.

but you don't need to go that far, really. There could be *nothing* in it, still it might work. Placebo-effect/  auto-suggestion. Does work, scientifically proven. And that's exactly what some forms of "Magic" is founded on. Like the african/arabian "Derwishes" or Indian fakirism.

June 2, 2010 6:43:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting skidiantasa,
when i was small my village was burned by yama raiders our troops fought for days but eventualy they beroke through me crow and aervanna escaped we walked the winter for days crow built us shelters and hunted us food he protected us until we reached friendly slone clan territory there oaka adopted us even when the clan chief said no not long after more refugeese came amoung them was my mother she said that her and one of us where going to america thats all she could afford none of us wanted to go so we stayed me and crow joined the acadmy of battle where we trained as warriors and me and him fell in love (untill ifound out that i just didnt like guys the way i thought) after about 4 years mother said we had to go but she still only had enough to bring one of us all the money she earned during that time went to keeping us alive we argued for days and agreed that i should go crow promised he would train and one day take back my clans home for me and aervanna and now he goes to war and will die our promis never fulfilled we will never return home

call it a lie if you want you dont have to belive me but im sure you can find a way to translate romanian

Its ok Skidi, we believe you.

Now,

1. Why didnt you tell him NOT to go to war, and

2. Are you sure he is gonna die like you said? How can you be sure after all?

June 2, 2010 6:46:30 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

June 2, 2010 6:47:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1) We did not even know it was Romanian

2) That is a sad story. Wait! Wait one tiny second. This war is in siberia! You said if you were in Siberia you would never be on a computer. Then how the heck is this guy on a computer telling you there is a war!

3) If it is true then  i say, he survived once he can do it again

June 2, 2010 6:48:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1 i dont know but i dont think he would listen and it dosnt help that hes in another country

2 the yama dont belive in the old ways they use guns and these are another tribe they know hjow to live in the winterlands as much as we do they have the advantage

and alt to anser your question the acadamy follows the old ways but also belive in contact with the outside he lives in the city and not a tribe city life is like america but a bit poorer while trible is not electronics at all

June 2, 2010 6:49:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Maiden666,
there are quite some drugs around that can make you like others more... and not only the ones that make you explicitly horny... basically in every household/kitchen you have the substance upon which is the MDMA that is in XTC originally "build" upon...nowadays is synthesized.

but you don't need to go that far, really. There could be *nothing* in it, still it might work. Placebo-effect/  auto-suggestion. Does work, scientifically proven. And that's exactly what some forms of "Magic" is founded on. Like the african/arabian "Derwishes" or Indian fakirism.

I actually mentioned Placebo effect, back then when Twilight_Storm had started a "does magic exist" kind of debate, which ended in flame war btw (I'm so proud of that), and like I said back then, the placebo effect is trully powerful. The power of the mind can affect the body a lot more than people think, and sometimes can make whole disease symptoms disappear, or cure chronic pain, or cause chronic pain, etc etc.

Placebo effect can have both negative and positive impact on a person.

But anyway, since Altaux said, that this was done with a "mixture" of some sort, I suggested that these things exist, meds that and can cause this "fake-love" kind of state, to a certain person.

June 2, 2010 6:52:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting skidiantasa,

2 the yama dont belive in the old ways they use guns and these are another tribe they know hjow to live in the winterlands as much as we do they have the advantage

They use firearms? What type of guns aexactly?

Also, this reminds me a LOT a recent discussion (well, sort of), we had a few days ago.

Are you actually saying that they are gonna get owned by the tribe that uses modern guns?

Altaux: She is not Romanian, I think thats the language they use in Siberia (not sure though).

June 2, 2010 6:57:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

skidi i feel i didn't explain myself, or the situation. the yama have drawn first blood we didn't want war. they have already raided several of our supply routs and border skirmishes are out of hand. they stress our lines and we need to push back or we will fall just like 5 years ago. if you will it to be i will try to avoid combat on the front lines. but there are no guarantees.

June 2, 2010 7:00:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yes morph we may get killed when i was doing my comparisons it was natives to forigners now its native to native and no we dont speak romanian in siberia the uses it the same way american schools do spanish and french its a minor langage so there are speakers just not many

crow im sorry i was so angry at you for not being rite out about it but i understand

June 2, 2010 7:05:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

and alt to anser your question the acadamy follows the old ways but also belive in contact with the outside he lives in the city and not a tribe city life is like america but a bit poorer while trible is not electronics at all

Ok.

And i didnt say she was Romanian. That was to be it not ut. My hand slipped

June 2, 2010 7:08:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Are you actually saying that they are gonna get owned by the tribe that uses modern guns?

Its most likely a matter of skill

A master of the bow can beat a novice of the gun

June 2, 2010 7:09:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I actually mentioned Placebo effect, back then when Twilight_Storm had started a "does magic exist" kind of debate, which ended in flame war btw (I'm so proud of that), and like I said back then, the placebo effect is trully powerful. The power of the mind can affect the body a lot more than people think, and sometimes can make whole disease symptoms disappear, or cure chronic pain, or cause chronic pain, etc etc.

Placebo effect can have both negative and positive impact on a person.

But anyway, since Altaux said, that this was done with a "mixture" of some sort, I suggested that these things exist, meds that and can cause this "fake-love" kind of state, to a certain person.

Every word true. The interesting thing is that a placebo might work in two-fold ways, and for that, a clinical observation will differ between a "one-blind" or a "two-blind"-study. In the first, the patient is left in the dark of his medication, in the two-blind the doctors, too.

We could applicate that now into Altaux example, like, this Obeah has given out stuff that is basically water. Still, it could work.

But let's assume this guy is really into this and wants to do his job really. But then, the plants from which he usually draws his potion stopped growing it - unnoticed. And still it would work - *if* this is done in a region were residents have a strong belief in it. fascinating beyond grip that is.

there are theories about the oracle of delphi who point into the same direction as well...

hmmmmmm, what I somehow miss in the box is an "Intoxicated Smiley".

June 2, 2010 7:12:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting life_weaver,
skidi i feel i didn't explain myself, or the situation. the yama have drawn first blood we didn't want war. they have already raided several of our supply routs and border skirmishes are out of hand. they stress our lines and we need to push back or we will fall just like 5 years ago. if you will it to be i will try to avoid combat on the front lines. but there are no guarantees.

All I see is: blah blah BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!! blah blah WAR!! blah blah blah blah blah blah avoid combat on the front lines blah blah.

Pussy.

Quoting skidiantasa,
yes morph we may get killed when i was doing my comparisons it was natives to forigners now its native to native and no we dont speak romanian in siberia the uses it the same way american schools do spanish and french its a minor langage so there are speakers just not many

crow im sorry i was so angry at you for not being rite out about it but i understand

I'm surprised you'd want to go back there and fight. Life is far better here. Plus you can get far better ordnance.

"I don't grin like a moron, I grin like a sociopath." | BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.